“A well kept secret !!!”

Ranked #19 of 853 Specialty Lodging in London
Rome Italy
“A well kept secret !!!”
Reviewed November 1, 2005

I have been using Phoenix House over the last 2 years. I would say it's my home in London !! It has exellent connections to the tube (Sloane Square) and Knightbridge its a few minutes walk. Phoenix House is in a very quite little street of sloane street. I just love the kitchen with all the high tech appliances which are user friendly. The Apt I had last time was very cosy with a quite large sitting area and a very nice king size bedroom. I wish I could keep this secret for myself, but I really think that if you plan a visit in London, that's a place to stay. Staff are friendly and they really look after you !!! ciao !!

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
10 Thank sblue65
chevalresidences, General Manager at Cheval Phoenix House, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Stefano,

Thank you for sharing such brilliant feedback with us.

We are delighted to note that you experienced a great stay with us and enjoyed all that Cheval phoenix House had to offer. At Cheval Residences, it is our continuous effort to upgrade our brand standards and deliver the highest standard of service to all our guests. We would like to invite you to come and experience Cheval Phoenix House once again.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Ben Pires

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 1, 2005

On a recent 4 week trip to London, I came across Phoenix via the internet. I was looking for a self catering luxury apt close to Sloane square. Phoenix House was perfect. Within minutes of my inquiry I was emailed all the relevant details regarding my stay. When I arrived I was quite surprised at how well designed the apt was. All the electrical equipment was the most up to date model. I also have to comment on how airy and spacious my room was. I had the luxury 1 bed. Phoenix House employ some of the most helpful staff I have ever met and I would like to thank them all again for a very pleasant stay. I will be back.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Ryan,

Thank you for sharing such brilliant feedback with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 15, 2005

I selected Phoenix House for a three week stay in London due to the excellent location, full kitchen facilities and Broadband Internet Connection. They required that I sign a contract similar to a real estate agent's lease and that I pre-pay the entire amount for my stay, plus a refundable bond. I booked an Executive Studio (not the smallest apartment). When I arrived I was shocked to discover just how small the apartment actually was. It was jammed with the latest high tech equipment with a bed that folded out of the wall. The kitchen which was hidden in a walk-in style closet behind a bizzare set of doors. When one of the applicances was being used, the ventillation was unable to cope with heat and the kitchen was like a sauna. However, the worst aspect of the design was the windows in the main room of the studio. They were all positioned so high up that I could not see out. Hence, it felt like being trapped in a luxury prison cell. After a few hours the room felt so depressing that I did not know how I would get through one night let alone the entire three weeks. I asked the Manager if I could upgrade and offered to pay for the difference. I was informed that no upgrade was possible. I then asked for a refund but was told that required three weeks notice and as I my stay was for the next three weeks, it was not possible. The Manager told me this over the phone from two floors below and made no attempt to come and see me...I suspect he had been through all this before. It was Friday night and I was facing a very depressing three weeks! Then I got my break. I tried to access the Internet and no connection!! I complained (after the manager had left on Friday night) and was told that a technician was due soon. He arrived and they sent him to my room to solve "my" internet problem. He told me that the problem was due to cables within the buidling that needed to be replaced and he helped me to connect to a WiFi network. I should stress that this was not a hotel employee but an outside contractor who showed some sympathy for my predicament. By Saturday night the WiFi connection also failed. I asked the Duty Manager for the Hotel Manager to contact me but I was told he was unavailable over the weekend!! By Monday morning I was waiting to do battle with the Manager when he arrived at work and I had already sent him an email threatening to reverse my credit card charge for the three week stay. Sensing the seriousness of the situation, the Manager eventually called me (Still no effort to come and see me) and based on the failure of their Internet service, he offered a refund. I accepted and was gone within the hour. My advice is do not believe the five star hype of this place, do not book and pre-pay a room unless you have seen it and if you need the Internet, make sure they guarantee the service. However, there are many better designed and managed apartment options in London than Phoenix House.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
23 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. You feedback has been taken on board.