“Good Hotel”

Ibis London City-Shoreditch
Ranked #310 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel. Quite expensive for me, from outside the country. Not exactly right in the center of town but enough for me to go round the city. Good service, rooms are nice too. Highly recommended for family, but for you that you go by yourself should you find a cheaper hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Terence B, General Manager at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully!

HR & Administration Coordinator

Write a ReviewReviews (4,182)

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a great place to stay when visiting London - right next to Aldgate East tube station - good reception, pleasant staff.
Our room was surprisingly large by city centre standards and was spotlessly clean and quiet - the bed was probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
The bar prices are very reasonable and breakfast for £8 or so per person is a bargain - the food was excellent.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rotiel321

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I`ve been there on 29th June, 1st and 2nd July. We stayed on room 304, although was on the side with the main streetl there was no noise during nights. The staff are friendly, but we liked big time, Mirela from Romania (restaurant staff) who make opur morning more nicely. Unfortunately we have been veryu disappointed with a guy from reception that, althought was from our country, didn`t want to speak with us in our native language.
They didn`t had available any adapteur dor charging our phones. :(
A little bit expensive!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MariaMonterrey

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Ibis London City Hotel. I am glad to receive a positive feedback regarding our rooms and I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable breakfast experience. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that Mirela will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service in the restaurant. At the same time I am disappointed to read the reception staff did not fulfil your expectations during your stay. Please allow me to express my sincere apologies. Feedback is very important to me in order to follow up on any shortfalls.
Thank you once again I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the ibis London City and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.
Kind Regards
Irena Hoch
HR & Administration Coordinator.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Terence B, General Manager at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Yes I know it's London after all and all hotels are pricey however I paid £170 per night for a room that although clean and relatively spacious, had a bathroom that felt and sounded like you were in a caravan! The strange bathroom design was rounded, space saving...good idea, however was made entirely of plastic and when I stepped in was reminded of the strange plastic moulded interior of a typical caravan.
On the better side, the breakfast was good and the staff were helpful. It just seemed a lot to pay

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to leave a review about your stay in our hotel. Thank you for your positive feedback about rooms cleanliness, overall breakfast and the friendliness of our staff.
However I am sorry to read that bathroom pod amenities did not meet your expectations, I am taking a good note of that and I truly hope that you will give us an opportunity to welcome you back in Ibis London City!
Kind Regards

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Was there with wife and 9yr daughter in April 2013 for a week on a family vacation. Basic budget hotel but very clean and well maintained rooms. The biggest advantage is that it is very close to Aldgate East Underground Station and from here you can reach all attractions in London in approx. 20 mins. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AnnandK

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Ibis London City. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

HR&Administration Coordinator

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff, efficient check-in, no frills, very clean and basic room. Breakfast is also quite good, with all the basic stuff included, such as various cereals, breads, crossiants etc. I don't know what more to write in a basic review for a one-night stay in this hotel, but Tripadvisor says I have to write at least 200 characters :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business