“Very good quality for an okay price.”

Ibis London City-Shoreditch
Ranked #327 of 1,068 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Arnhem, The Netherlands
“Very good quality for an okay price.”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Me and my best friend (28 and 26 years old) have stayed in Ibis City Centre, London from friday 14th untill sunday 16th June 2013. We wanted to be sure that we had good beds to sleep on, have a clean room and be on a good spot.
And we got it all! The beds were good boxsprings, well done! This hotel is next to the tube station Aldgate East (literally just 25 meters away), zone 1.
The neighbourhood is very clean and okay and we felt safe all the time.
The staff was very helpfull, we were able to park our suitcases with them on the last day, for free of course. We were on the 6th floor.
Only point of complaining is the wifi; wifi is 10 pounds a day, which was a bit too much to our opinion. I guess business-clients would not mind.

That been said; I would recommend this hotel and come back again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Terence B, General Manager at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Regarding the Internet, I am pleased to inform you that the Wi-Fi will be free within the next couple of weeks in order to offer this service as part of our product.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

HR & Administration Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Excellent hotel for visiting the east side of the City of London. Close to Underground station for travel around London. Good value, except in busy time, when a bit pricey like all London hotels. Good selection for breakfast.

Close to a busy crossroad, so can be noisy, if you like windows open. Otherwise fine with air con on. I stay there a lot.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Terence B, General Manager at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel.
I was delighted to read that the hotel met your expectations and that you had an enjoyable stay.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

A great hotel ideally situated in London's East end. We were greeted by friendly staff who were efficient and professional at all times. On the day we arrived we asked to change rooms to accomodate family who at the last minute decided to join us and this was accomplished with no fuss or bother.
Rooms are somewhat basic but clean and freshened up everyday. Breakfast was amazing with a good choice of food. It also has a lovely bar to relax in at the end of the day.
A really nice hotel and you wont be disappointed. Only two minutes from Algate East underground on the district line if you want to go into London centre. Having said that there is quite a lot to do close by the hotel. There is a large market just 5 minutes away with different traders each day. The Ripper tours operate each night but that's another review. I would have no hesitation in returning as it ticked all the boxes.

Room Tip: As for rear of hotel (no street noise)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis London City. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Essex
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend in June. Room was clean and quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The location was perfect for us, 10 minutes from Fenchurch Street, right around the corner from Aldgate East and a short walk from Brick Lane and Spitalfields market. The only downside was that the room was very warm but we were told that the air cooling system only comes on when it is warm outside.

• Stayed June 2013
Terence B, General Manager at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to leave a review and thank you as well for your constructive remark. I am glad to receive a positive feedback about room cleanliness and comfortable beds. However, I am sincerely sorry to read that our centrally controlled air cooling system did not meet your expectations. We expect our heating systems to keep us warm during the winter, and we depend on air-cooling to keep us cool during the summer and this generally perfectly works in our Hotel. Furthermore, I am sorry that on this occasion you were not offered a fan. Our priority is the comfort and well-being of all our guests and I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future for your second visit.

Kind regards
Munich, Germany
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed in room #610 for three nights (June 8 to 11). The room was reasonably clean, but not in perfect shape (long black hair stuck to the bathroom wall, remained there for whole stay). The bed was comfortable, but not great (hard cushion, no daybed covers). Staff mostly polite and helpful.

Tiny TV with few channels, screen not in 16:9 format. Poor quality resolution/reception.

Flimsiest toilet paper I've ever encountered. Even public restrooms usually have better quality paper.

Biggest inconvenience:
I was unable to sleep with an open window. When the window (double glazed) was open, it was impossible to close the curtains. So in order to lower the room's temperature I turned on the ventilation system, but the central cooling unit was turned off. (It's only on during hot days, staff told me.) Window cannot be opened more than about 15 cm/6 inches. Management should address these issues.

Room looked and felt cheap. Interior design is lacking any class. But this is probably what you have to accept for around 150 €/night in London.

Liked the location. Spitalfields Market, Brick Lane and Truman Brewery feature a wide variety of stores and restaurants. Liverpool Street Station in walking distance, Aldgate East Tube Station just steps away.

I see little reason why I should return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to leave such a detailed review about your stay in our hotel but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence. This is indeed always really useful for us to receive comments which help us improve our guest satisfaction.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here mid-week while in London. The room was clean and the bed was reasonably comfortable. The Main issues:

No desk in the room
No iron in the room
No free wifi in room
Extremely limited choice of TV channels that are wrong versus what is advertised in the room brochure
Noisy room from traffic, siren every 5 minutes
Breakfast room staff were completely unhelpful, had to wait 5-10 minutes before taking my room number
Check in / Check out frustratingly slow

I won't stay here again for £130 a night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave a review here and thank you as well for your constructive remarks. I am pleased that you enjoyed the Hotel rooms and the cleanliness of our property. I would like to confirm that I have taken a good note of the various points that you bring to our attention as we treat all our comments with the utmost seriousness.
Thank you one again for your feedback and I hope you will return to ibis London City on another occasion in order for you to enjoy a hassle free stay.
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great place and location. The rooms are clean and everything was fine during my business visit. The restaurant is also very good, breakfast was quite rich and good. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody who wants to travel to London and stay in a reasonably prices hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo