Having stayed here for 5 days, I find it difficult to rate this hotel. I generally like the ibis hotel chain. The rooms are basic yet clean and modern and I'd definitely book here again. The location is great, a stone's throw from the nearest tube station, and walking distance to the City. The staff were extremely helpful and polite at every point, even when I needed additional assistance.
But, at the end of the day, you get what you pay for, and it is a budget hotel. TV channels were limited (somehow they offer a worse selection other than Freeview). Breakfast not being included was an inconvenience, however, £9 a day for "limited" internet access was my only real complaint. I can understand it being charged as an extra, but it shouldn't be charged at such a premium when you are offering a partial service (no iplayer streaming etc).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis London City is ideal for tourist or business stays. Located in the centre of London's financial district, 20 m from Aldgate East station, it is a few steps from Liverpool St, the Tower of London and the celebrated Tower Bridge. It has 348 rooms,including 19 accessible rooms. The hotel has a restaurant and also a bar offering snacks 24 hours, 7 days. The hotel offers Free Wifi throughout. Public undercover parking close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, ACCOR, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis London City-Shoreditch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis London City Hotel London
- Accor London City
- Ibis London City-Shoreditch England