The hotel is located just 50 meters away from the underground station Aldgate East. St. Paul and the tower bridge are in walking distance. The road is quite noisy but the hotel is well acoustically insulated. Our room was a typical Ibis one: simple, fairly clean and comfortable. The bathroom was small. Our week-end rate was very good for (the crazy) London standards. We decided not to have breakfast in the hotel and in walking distance we could find some good cafés.
Considering the price/quality ratio of the hotels in London, this hotel is definitely a good choice if you are spending there a few days as a tourist, mostly based on location and room rate.
If we happen to be back in London, we will try to book a room in this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis London City is ideal for tourist or business stays. Located in the centre of London's financial district, 20 m from Aldgate East station, it is a few steps from Liverpool St, the Tower of London and the celebrated Tower Bridge. It has 348 rooms,including 19 accessible rooms. The hotel has a restaurant and also a bar offering snacks 24 hours, 7 days. The hotel offers Free Wifi throughout. Public undercover parking close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR and Agoda so you can book your Ibis London City-Shoreditch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis London City Hotel London
- Accor London City
- Ibis London City-Shoreditch England