“Good staff”

Ibis London City-Shoreditch
Ranked #323 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I, my husband and my son stayed at this hotel on September 2012.We choose a room with some more amenities like a eletric kettle,and a internet connection that later I discover you have to pay 9,90 euros per day to use.Like the other Ibis , it is small and doesn't have anything special, the bathroom is like a cabin.The good thing at this hotel is the staff very helpful I remember a special french guy called Thierry who help us.The bad thing at this hotel is that there is a construction beside the hotel and the noise during the day is considerable.The other bad thing is the internet, it's so expensive in Europe at Ibis, at this one it is cost 9,90 euros per day or you can use the computers that cost about 3 euros an hour.

Room Tip: Rooms that are to the opposite side of the constructing (I don't know if there are)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Terence B, General Manager at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review about your recent stay at Ibis London City.
I am glad to read that the hotel served the purpose of the trip being convenient for your visit.
I am sorry that there was a misunderstaing about the internet service. We are addressing.

It is our hope that you give us the chance to welcome you in your next visit.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

They shut down the airco in winter because of climate. Well.... It's fall now! Temperature in room was very high. Opening the window resulted in no sleep because of noise.
I would rather not come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear guest,

I was sorry to read that your stay at Ibis didn't match your expectations.
Our system of air cooling works automatically depending on the temperature outside, so since it is 12 degrees outside, only the heating can be switched on. However, we provide fans in case of a guest request.

It is our hope that you give us another chance, and in case of any inconvenience you let us know and give us the chance to solve any problem and make your stay a hassle free experience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I only spent one night here but I have to say it was more than adequate for a business traveller. It's directly outside Aldgate East Underground Station so the location couldn't have been more convenient. It's busy and seems popular with coach parties but it didn't feel or seem as chaotic as other hotels I have stayed at that cater for the coach trade. The room was clean, though not particularly large or well furnished but for the price it was more than adequate and i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Charles F

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review about your recent stay at Ibis London City.

I was pleased to read that the hotel was convenient and well located for your trip and you could enjoy of a nice stay.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2012

One of the best things's the location...almost walking distance from london bridge....pretty close to the gherkin/ bird's nest and the bishopsgate area...
On the other side it's a lane away from the quirky area of brick lane, stuffed with great eateries and curry houses...The aldgate east tube is next door!

Hotel rooms are decent...usual ibis busines efficient; a very decent restora in the ground flr serving good french n european cuisine and a bar which stays open late n serves snack food till late...

So all in all - value for money place....i lived here for a week and was more or less satisfied.

Pissing-off points:
The internet/ wi-fi scene - u had to pay a chargefor the cable internet and if u want wi-fi u had to buy it online directly from some service provider which was crazy!
On top of that 1stday they told me mybooking was with the internet and tv channels included...and next day they told me it was only for the 1stnight etc etc...
I had a business booking and of course could not bother to find out how the booking was done - but when i told them the gent at the front desk had clearly told me so the 1st day that mybooking was internet included - they could not even understand/ locate the concerned gent for the rest of the days! This was a pretty pissing off incident...you're a business hotel for god's sake & even coffee joints provide free wifi these days...

Room Tip: No idea...most faced the street and had double glass windows to keep out the noise...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank SoumitreeG

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.
I am pleased to read that you could enjoy the hotel and the facilities we provide. Food and beverage department will be satisfied to know that you enjoyed the services as well.

I am sorry to read that you had that inconvenience during you stay. We are continuously addressing.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in London.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

stayed here with my husband and teenage daughter for the paralympics. nice friendly staff, good location and parking was a bonus as we had travelled from somerset. The room was tidy and nice and clean - nice bunk bed for my daughter. Near tube station

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Terence B, General Manager at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the time writing a review about your last stay at Ibis London City.
I am so glad that your stay was good, and you and your family enjoyed the facilities we provide.
We are looking forward to welcome you all in your next stay in London.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aquamaureen

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I had pre-booked a room several weeks in advance for a business trip. My day had started at 4.30am and I finally got to the hotel 12.45am the next morning only to be told there was no rooms available.

The first excuse I got was there was a burst pipe in my room but when I asked to see the room or receive an explanation why no-one had contact me it was then admitted that my room was now occupied by someone else. They had found another room for me at Ibis Greenwich but since my next meeting was at 8.30am in the City and given the long day I had just had I declined to trek all the way over to Greenwich and I made alternative arrangements.

I obviously complained to Customer Services once I was back home and they have offered me a night's free booking at the Ibis of my choice, although only after some chasing for a response. They said that the problem was down to a "booking error". My own take on it was that the hotel had thought I had only reserved a room and had not guaranteed it by credit card so when I had not turned up, they assumed I was to be a "no show" and had sold the room to someone else. The hotel staff seemed quite surprised when I showed them the email confirmation of my booking guaranteed by credit card.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank sfsuk

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for giving us the chance to explain the situation.

Just as we expressed in the past conversations, it is our hope that you give us the opportunity to better serve you. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.