Second Ibis Hotel in two weeks and this is a distinct step-up on the Northampton branch! Key plus is the bed, which was superb; often not the case. Lack of in-room wifi is always irksome for a business traveller but I now carry my own 'all you can eat' MIFI dongle, so only need a decent 3G signal. East Aldgate is a bit untidy looking and can be a little intimidating at night with a fair few vagrants assertively begging, but you are very close to the city centre and they won't bother you if you just ignore them. Inside the hotel, the lobby is warm and staff are friendly. The corridors a little like a prison with high level windows and white washed walls. Rooms are spacious, have a desk and clean. Wouldn't be my first choice, but perfectly acceptable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis London City is ideal for tourist or business stays. Located in the centre of London's financial district, 20 m from Aldgate East station, it is a few steps from Liverpool St, the Tower of London and the celebrated Tower Bridge. It has 348 rooms,including 19 accessible rooms. The hotel has a restaurant and also a bar offering snacks 24 hours, 7 days. The hotel offers Free Wifi throughout. Public undercover parking close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis London City-Shoreditch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis London City Hotel London
- Accor London City
- Ibis London City-Shoreditch England