“Sofa - sagging cushions - Cargo not interested!”
Review of Cargo Homeshop

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cargo Homeshop
Ranked #535 of 738 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Household and furniture shop.
Winchester, United Kingdom
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Sofa - sagging cushions - Cargo not interested!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Having purchased two matching sofa's and an armchair from Cargo I was initially impressed. After a short time ALL the cushions have sagged terribly despite desperate efforts to keep them plumped up, there is obviously something very wrong with the fillings. Went back to Cargo and spoke to the rudest most unhelpful woman at their HO who basically did not want to know!
I will NEVER anything again from a Cargo shop due to poor quality goods and disgusting customer service - or should I more accuartely say, NO customer service, they quite obviously do not understand the concept.

Visited April 2013
6 Thank Richard N

Taplow, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Delivery/lead times Awful”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I recently bought a gals table and chairs from the store in Woodley, Reading.

We opted out of delivery due to the ridiculous £50 charge when we live less than 2 miles from the store!

We picked it up fine but one if the chairs was broken. We had to reorder another, they said it would take a couple of weeks. We waited 3 months!! They never really had any idea when it would arrive when I chased them.

Not learning from my original mistake of shopping with them I recently purchased a set of drawers, again opting out if the delivery. They said it would take 3 weeks to arrive. 5 weeks later I am still waiting. On chasing them after 4 they said it was due in store that previous Monday so were now expecting it the following week as they could see it was in stock. Still no sign, they seem to have no clue when any item will arrive and for customers it's just pot luck.

For the furniture they sell I would say John Lewis or M&S are on par with prices and have excellent customer service in comparison.

Very disappointed with Cargo yet again.

Banbury, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good experience”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Despite all the negative comments I must say my experience was good. Bought sofa in sale at reasonable price Was a bit put off by the paperwork in relation to purchase, access to property, and delivery arrangements -all seemed to favour the retailer over the customer. Initial customer service in shop not brilliant as sessional and apparent lack of retail knowledge (but nothing unusual these days wherever you shop). Eventually got reassurance and good service from more experienced staff. After that all went to plan. Good delivery arrangements; delivery staff able to get sofa through door of house and installed sofa to perfection. Credit where credit due to poor old Cargo!

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Edward M M
St. Albans, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Non-existent customer service, rude and obnoxious staff”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Thankfully my purchase and experience with the worlds worst retailer was quite insignificant compared to the amounts some people on here have spent. However, even just a brief impulse purchase in the Watford branch was enough to illustrate how awful their customer service is! I'd urge everyone to avoid the retailer like the plague.

I bought a tea light holder as a gift for a friend. It was originally £12 but it was on offer at half price (as I say, my spend was quite insignificant by comparison!). Seemed like a good deal so I bought it. The staff had stuck around 4 or 5 stickers all over it with different prices, offers etc. So when I arrived home I tried to remove the stickers. One sticker left an awful mark all over the glass so I had to put it in soak to remove the remnants. As soon as I did this the whole design on the glass started peeling off! Suffice to say, it was left looking like it was worth far less than I even paid for it!

Wrote a polite email to the store explaining the situation. Told them I live about 10 miles away and so returning the item wasn't really possible without facing further expense in time, fuel, car parking etc. I suggested that I send them an image of the faulty item, or they could arrange collection from me. I expected that they'd, like you'd expect from most respectable retailers, send back an apology and even perhaps a £5 voucher or something. Instead I received a call from a rude and obnoxious woman in the Watford branch using actual sentences like "Look, you have 2 choices - either bring it back here to me for your refund, or take it further with customer services" and (when I suggested they collect the item from me at their expense) "Yeah right, collect it costing me £50 - I don't think so" (how and where on earth it would cost them £50 to collect I don't know). I appreciate that perhaps there's a company policy whereby they couldn't accept my suggestions, and it WAS necessary that I waste more of my time and money taking the faulty item back, but she wasn't even TRYING to be polite in explaining that.

Compared to some, I'm sure my complaint pales in significance and I can appreciate that I'll just have to accept that it was money down the drain. But having just bought a new house, the experience has saved me from even beginning to consider Cargo for any of its furnishings!

It's been a very long time since I've experienced such disgraceful customer service. I can't imagine they'll hold out much longer in the current retail climate.

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“absolutely disgusting customer service and lying obnoxious store manager”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

i struggle to see how this company is still in business. they lie about everything and have zero ethics when it comes to dealing with customers. i am seriously considering legal action against them.

Visited January 2014