“Good experience”

Add it.
Cargo Homeshop
Ranked #610 of 827 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Household and furniture shop.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Despite all the negative comments I must say my experience was good. Bought sofa in sale at reasonable price Was a bit put off by the paperwork in relation to purchase, access to property, and delivery arrangements -all seemed to favour the retailer over the customer. Initial customer service in shop not brilliant as sessional and apparent lack of retail knowledge (but nothing unusual these days wherever you shop). Eventually got reassurance and good service from more experienced staff. After that all went to plan. Good delivery arrangements; delivery staff able to get sofa through door of house and installed sofa to perfection. Credit where credit due to poor old Cargo!

4  Thank Edward M M

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Thankfully my purchase and experience with the worlds worst retailer was quite insignificant compared to the amounts some people on here have spent. However, even just a brief impulse purchase in the Watford branch was enough to illustrate how awful their customer service is! I'd urge everyone to avoid the retailer like the plague.

I bought a tea light holder as a gift for a friend. It was originally £12 but it was on offer at half price (as I say, my spend was quite insignificant by comparison!). Seemed like a good deal so I bought it. The staff had stuck around 4 or 5 stickers all over it with different prices, offers etc. So when I arrived home I tried to remove the stickers. One sticker left an awful mark all over the glass so I had to put it in soak to remove the remnants. As soon as I did this the whole design on the glass started peeling off! Suffice to say, it was left looking like it was worth far less than I even paid for it!

Wrote a polite email to the store explaining the situation. Told them I live about 10 miles away and so returning the item wasn't really possible without facing further expense in time, fuel, car parking etc. I suggested that I send them an image of the faulty item, or they could arrange collection from me. I expected that they'd, like you'd expect from most respectable retailers, send back an apology and even perhaps a £5 voucher or something. Instead I received a call from a rude and obnoxious woman in the Watford branch using actual sentences like "Look, you have 2 choices - either bring it back here to me for your refund, or take it further with customer services" and (when I suggested they collect the item from me at their expense) "Yeah right, collect it costing me £50 - I don't think so" (how and where on earth it would cost them £50 to collect I don't know). I appreciate that perhaps there's a company policy whereby they couldn't accept my suggestions, and it WAS necessary that I waste more of my time and money taking the faulty item back, but she wasn't even TRYING to be polite in explaining that.

Compared to some, I'm sure my complaint pales in significance and I can appreciate that I'll just have to accept that it was money down the drain. But having just bought a new house, the experience has saved me from even beginning to consider Cargo for any of its furnishings!

It's been a very long time since I've experienced such disgraceful customer service. I can't imagine they'll hold out much longer in the current retail climate.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

i struggle to see how this company is still in business. they lie about everything and have zero ethics when it comes to dealing with customers. i am seriously considering legal action against them.

6  Thank cf72014
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Ordered £4k of lounge furniture mid Sep 2013, lead time 15 weeks (fine i thought). End of Nov, decided to cancel 2 items as everything new was not going to fit, called them many many times (no answer) finally got through, said i could cancel but need to email them, so did so and also asked about lead times, and i was finally replied to and they said good news, order will be with delivery company 1st week of Dec. I was happy

After 2 weeks, cargo delivery called and said next avail slot is today (9th Jan) and i though great. At least its coming.

So, i've taken the day off work today, got all the old furniture collected/disposed off yesterday and the lounge is completely bare as of this morning. Cargo call 8am, we are outside but cannot find a park (i need to point out here that i mentioned once when ordering, and again when delivery was scheduled that we live on a busy SW London road with a bus lane right outside but have had many deliveries from Argos etc of bulky items all of which arrived to my door as scheduled)

So the guy asked if i know of anywhere to park and i said there are bays everywhere but you will need to find one yourself, then he asked if i have some sort of delivery permit and I'm like um no, isn't that your job! He then said he would need to call his manager then call me back. Called back, apologised and said delivery won't be happening today and customer services would be in contact. I asked him, so is there a possibility this won't be delivered at all because you can't find a park, and he replied YES!

I simply couldn't believe it. Could i have done more to communicate this? How else does the rest of zone 2 London get furniture? Surely if Argos can do it, you can do it Cargo??

So need to cancel my order :( and find another company that can deliver to London addresses.

ok rant over- i need a Venti Moca!!

1  Thank Ants H