“Disappointing beauty”

Add it.
Cargo Homeshop
Ranked #527 of 732 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Household and furniture shop.
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Disappointing beauty”
Reviewed May 30, 2008

I agree with most reviewers that while the furniture is contemporary, the service is appalling. I ordered my furniture many weeks ago and while one of the item was available for delivery, the other was not. Despite qualifying for their promotional free delivery for both items, they refused to deliver the 1st item until the 2nd item was available. When Cargo Homeshop subsequently said that the 2nd item was not available till beyond the stated 8 weeks wait, I attempted to cancel my order of the 2nd item. Despite their failure to deliver the goods, they were quick to slap a 20% penalty for the cancellation. My struggle continues to get my 1st item while the full payment taken many weeks ago continue to pay CargoHomeShop interest in their account.

4 Thank LondonSwimmer

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Terrible delivery service”
Reviewed December 4, 2006

Ordered a sofa from Cargo - waited months for the thing to be built and then arranged a date for delivery. Could only tell me the delivery would be in the afternoon.

Took a day off work - phoned on the day to confirm delivery and was told it was on its way. 40 mins later received a call to say the delivery was being cancelled because the driver was over run !!! This is now the second time this has happened. No apologies or proper explaination. Their delivery company is having a very negative impact on their PR as they just cancel when they want to - there is no commitment to delivering when they promised.

Personally I would not order a thinig from them again.

5 Thank sezzoir
A TripAdvisor Member
“Lousy Service”
Reviewed February 23, 2006

While the furniture looks great, just try to have something delivered without taking off a day from work. The first attempt, by a 3rd party delivery service,I was given the day only with no indication of time. Cargo promised to have the driver call me an hour. before delivery so I could spend as much time as possible in the office. I got the call, but when I got home, found out the driver had arrived 5 minutes after calling me and promptly left. Repeated attempts (10 phone calls) to contact him weren't answered. On the second delivery attempt, this time using Cargo's own service, the driver called, I went home, and no delivery. Once again, he arrived and left before the promised time. When you call Cargo managers to complain you do not get an apology and since they won't give refunds (only credits for you to buy more things in their lovely store) you are out of luck. Way to do business!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member