“Terrible - avoid at all costs!”
Review of Cargo Homeshop

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cargo Homeshop
Ranked #535 of 738 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Household and furniture shop.
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Terrible - avoid at all costs!”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My order took twice as long as they said to arrive and the delivery company made only scant effort to fit the furniture in my home before deciding it couldn't be done - and this was after Cargo's own staff had assured me there would be no problem fitting it.

It is now two and a half months since my original purchase, but Cargo have both my sofa and my money and have failed to answer the email I sent via the contact form on their website. I am hoping I don't have to go to the small claims court.

Visited June 2011
4 Thank LondonHmmm

London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! EXTREMELY SLOW DELIVERY!! NEVER AGAIN!! STAY CLEAR!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We ordered some sofas around 11 weeks ago after originally being given a 5 week lead time!!!! I have phoned the shop every week to find out if our sofas our on the list to be delivered and they just say no call back next wednesday and we`ll let you know. i have also had communication with there online customer service manager and she just says repeatedly " It clearly says that this is just a lead time" Like a parrot! we paid in full at full price, the sofas have since been on offer at half price! This company is a complete joke and I will stick to John Lewis in future. 11 weeks no sofas and no estimated delivery date, SORT IT OUT!!! A cowboy operation that needs to be sorted. If I was you I wouldn`t waste your time on this terrible company.

Visited July 2011
15 Thank Pedal-Bear
Cirencester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE - NO ACCEPTANCE OF FAULT”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I ordered an Espirit corner sofa from Cargo in Cirencester a number of months ago, when delivered there were a number of faults including damage to the base where a castor had been snapped off which in turn had ripped the under lining of the sofa, we were also missing feet and the feet that were delivered with the sofa were badly damaged, in addition the sofa looked and felt like a sofa that had been used for a 20 year period, well worn with no support.... taking the words 'slouch couch' to an extremely. I complained numerous times to Cargo both directly to the Ciencester store and to there head office, I was in-turn referred to the manufacturer and then to an independant appointed agent..... my understanding is that should you have an issue you go to the point of sale i.e. Cargo.... I believed that the sofa was not fit for the purpose for which it was made, it took almost 3 months to convince Cargo of this fact, finally today 5th July 2011 I received a call to say that they would indeed give me a refund. At no time has an apology been given and any compensation for the time and effort it has taken to get this situation resolved. All in all it has been an awful experience one which I would not like any other individual to go through. I would not recommend and will not ever shop in Cargo again. Service is key for any business and something that Cargo should take a long hard look at.

Visited May 2011
6 Thank MarkCW
Crawley, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“CARGO EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS ON HOME DELIVERY”
Reviewed April 28, 2011

We ordered a dining room set which was delivered today (as promised) and arrived exactly on time. The sideboard and table were assembled on site by the two delivery guys, who were helpful and cheerful. The furniture is of excellent quality and terrific value for money. After reading some of the bad experiences of other customers we were expecting at least one problem but received a first class service. Well done, Cargo.

Visited April 2011
6 Thank king9999
london
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Terrible online service at Cargo Homeshop - 3 months and still waiting!”
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Following our order in Dec 2010, we finally got a delivery at the end of Feb. The order was for 6 chairs and a table costing over £1200. The table was missing a part for the leg so we couldn't put it up and upon calling Cargo, they said we would be 'quicker' if we got it fixed by their suppliers than ordering a new part. Two weeks later the suppliers turned up putting a huge big bolt under the table which looked terrible. We however decided it would be acceptable as we had already disposed of our old table and Cargo said it would be weeks before a new part could be supplied. Following this we assembled the rest of the table, only to find out that the parts didn't fit together. More phonecalls followed and emails and finally the 'e-commerce' manager got in touch to check we had put it together as per instructions, which of course we had. Now over 3 months later we still have no table and have been told by Cargo that they will let us know ASAP (their words) when the new table will be 'checked in'. If we had any choice, we would of course have cancelled the entire order, however we are now stuck with chairs and no table until they get their act together. Does anyone have an email of thier MD or CEO by any chance? Do not buy anything from this company is my advice. They seem only to sell furniture but have problems actually delivering once the sale is made!

Visited December 2010