“CARGO EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS ON HOME DELIVERY”
Review of Cargo Homeshop

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cargo Homeshop
Ranked #536 of 739 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Household and furniture shop.
Crawley, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“CARGO EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS ON HOME DELIVERY”
Reviewed April 28, 2011

We ordered a dining room set which was delivered today (as promised) and arrived exactly on time. The sideboard and table were assembled on site by the two delivery guys, who were helpful and cheerful. The furniture is of excellent quality and terrific value for money. After reading some of the bad experiences of other customers we were expecting at least one problem but received a first class service. Well done, Cargo.

Visited April 2011
6 Thank king9999

london
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Terrible online service at Cargo Homeshop - 3 months and still waiting!”
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Following our order in Dec 2010, we finally got a delivery at the end of Feb. The order was for 6 chairs and a table costing over £1200. The table was missing a part for the leg so we couldn't put it up and upon calling Cargo, they said we would be 'quicker' if we got it fixed by their suppliers than ordering a new part. Two weeks later the suppliers turned up putting a huge big bolt under the table which looked terrible. We however decided it would be acceptable as we had already disposed of our old table and Cargo said it would be weeks before a new part could be supplied. Following this we assembled the rest of the table, only to find out that the parts didn't fit together. More phonecalls followed and emails and finally the 'e-commerce' manager got in touch to check we had put it together as per instructions, which of course we had. Now over 3 months later we still have no table and have been told by Cargo that they will let us know ASAP (their words) when the new table will be 'checked in'. If we had any choice, we would of course have cancelled the entire order, however we are now stuck with chairs and no table until they get their act together. Does anyone have an email of thier MD or CEO by any chance? Do not buy anything from this company is my advice. They seem only to sell furniture but have problems actually delivering once the sale is made!

Visited December 2010
5 Thank posh_traveller
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“do not order from this company. Like the...”
Reviewed March 11, 2010

do not order from this company. Like the other dissatisfied customers below i ordered a sofa and was told the delivery day only. having taken the day off work i was then called to say my delivery would not be arriving as the goods had not been picked up from the depot. this seems to be a common problem. Avoid.

5 Thank sbi9cc
Southampton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Appalling service, completely let me down. Avoid.”
Reviewed December 24, 2009

I ordered two sofas, costing over £1500, from this company. I ordered in late October and was told that delivery would be within 5 weeks, definitely in time for Christmas. After 7 weeks I had heard nothing whatsoever so started to chase on the phone. When I called the store I was told to call the delivery company, they had no record and told me to call the store. I would leave details for the store sales manager to call me back "within 5 minutes" and never get a callback. Eventually on the 23rd December I was told I'd get a delivery on the 24th, i.e. Christmas Eve! I was suposed to be working but took the day as leave. At 3:30pm I had a phonecall from the delivery company saying they would be unable to deliver due to lack of drivers and vehicles. I therefore wasted my day at home on Christmas Eve. I'd also moved all old furniture out of my lounge in anticipation.

Every aspect of customer service from Cargo and their delivery services was abysmal. No one was apologetic, phones went unanswered, no one called me back, and to cancel delivery at 3:30pm on Christmas Eve, leaving me with no sofa and no sofabed for my visiting friend to use is absoloutely disgusting. I would never buy anything from them again.

5 Thank DanUEA
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Appalling delivery service”
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Ordered a mirror online and said lead time is 2 weeks. It is now the 4th week and delivery people have not made contact on when actual delivery will be. I called Cargo Customer Service for the nth time today and they keep saying item is with delivery company and that they will get someone to give me a call. It's been a nightmare for such a small item!!!

Think twice before getting anything online from Cargo. I definitely will never do it again.

4 Thank Mrs_D2007