“Great small venue, good view”
Review of The Garage

The Garage
Ranked #187 of 1,284 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Live pop and rock music.
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great small venue, good view”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Saw Young Guns here. Arrived a little late and still had a good view. Very small venue and the stage isn't very big but it created an incredible atmopshere and the band were more than happy to come and meet everyone afterwards. Cheap tickets too. Coming out of Highbury and Islington tube station, it is on the left and across the road. Feet away!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank amanda_wolfy

London
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Desperately needs air con!! and more bar staff! and more beer!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

yes, we went during the hot spell in London but still, this was ridiculous! Even the bands were complaining about the heat!

Luckily they let you outside for a cigarette and even though we don't smoke we stood out there for a bit just for some fresh (ish) air.

The bar was about 4 deep and the staff very slow and after my husband tried to get one of the staffs attention, the staff member purposely, very obviosuly, ignored him... it was utterly ridiculous and then while we were waiting they completely ran out of draught everything... this was about 9pm...! So after half an hour queuing (I'm not joking) we had 2 cans of warm cider.

The place was busy but not packed and the heat was incredible! We were just soaking wet for the whole 4 hours... uncomfortable...

I don't think I would ever go back here.... quite a few people walked out very early (especially a couple of pregnant ladies) becuase the heat was just unbearable!

The toilets were manky and even hotter than the watching area, if that were possible

Visited July 2013
1 Thank clarems
London, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great Little Venue”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I'm so glad they refurbished this venue as back in the days it was horrid but its a lot nicer now. I would strongly recommend ear plugs unless your ok with you ears ringing for less than a day or so as its loud in there. I mean I gig a lot but having been here a few times I did not want to have my ears ring this time which is a rarity for me as I'm usually close to the stage at most gigs.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank GeniesFuture
London, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Bad acustics”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I went yesteday night to The Garage to see a gig. Despite living very close to it I had never been there before. The place is extremely close from the tube station and the place can be perfect for small concerts IF the acustics weren't so bad. I couldn't hear the singer at all and belive me I was quite close to the stage.
Staff was quite nice and beer was sold at reasonable price. I had a look at their calendar and they seem to offer a good choice of gigs, if you love rock. I hope that the acustics is not always that bad.

Visited April 2013
London
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Great alternative venue for an eclectic mix of music”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Situated in the back end of Angel - highbury corner. The garage plays host to a great diversity of cool acts that are normally here before they get really popular