“Bad acustics”
Review of The Garage

The Garage
Ranked #181 of 1,284 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Live pop and rock music.
London, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Bad acustics”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I went yesteday night to The Garage to see a gig. Despite living very close to it I had never been there before. The place is extremely close from the tube station and the place can be perfect for small concerts IF the acustics weren't so bad. I couldn't hear the singer at all and belive me I was quite close to the stage.
Staff was quite nice and beer was sold at reasonable price. I had a look at their calendar and they seem to offer a good choice of gigs, if you love rock. I hope that the acustics is not always that bad.

Visited April 2013

London
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Great alternative venue for an eclectic mix of music”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Situated in the back end of Angel - highbury corner. The garage plays host to a great diversity of cool acts that are normally here before they get really popular

Bucharest, Romania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Perfect club for small concerts”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I went to The Garage to see 65daysofstatic. Honestly The Garage is the ideal place to go to for small concerts. It's a small club, situated 200 m from the tube station. The sound is really ok and everything was great.

If ever there for a concert stay right behind the mixing desk. The sound is perfect in that place.

Visited April 2012
Wiltshire
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Buzzing atmosphere”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Great venue! Lovely little place with some great bands.

I saw 65daysofstatic and it sounded brilliant.

Very close to a tube station (<200 meters) and thus very easy to find.

Visited April 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Worst Venue Ever!!”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I visited The Garage on 19/11/11 to see a band called 'Space Ritual'. I arrived at 9.45pm to find some rather arrogant door staff that didn't seem to know which queue people with tickets should be in and they seemed to be too busy shouting at other customers to assist me.

Once inside the venue, I was informed the band wouldn't be on stage until 1am at least and after having received a stamp on my arm, I attemped to leave the club, so I could reattend nearer the time, only to be snarled and sneered at by one of the door staff telling me I wasn't able to leave and if I did, would not be readmitted! I have visited many venues in the City over the years and have never heard of anything as pathetic. An excuse for them to force you to drink over priced, flat lager in smelly surroundings if you ask me!!

The main room was smelly, the sound was terrible, the staff unhelpful and if I was to be questioned on wether I would revisit then the answer would be NO!!! Avoid this place at all costs.

5 Thank Music_King