“Cafe de rubbish” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe de Paris

Cafe de Paris
Ranked #331 of 1,271 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Cafe de Paris first opened in London's West End in 1924. Ninety years on, and this now world-famous venue is still widely accepted as being the top club in London. Celebrity guestlists, stunning surroundings, and party loving crowds continue to lead the way in London.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Cafe de rubbish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Avoid this place at all costs. If you want to be ripped off, by the entry price and drinks, then go here. They also have a policy where they accuse customers of having drunk too much. We wish we'd of read the other reviews before we went to see this is quite common practice. I naively accepted a bottle of water on Fri night only to realise that this was their way of accusing me of being drunk. Considering I hadn't had much to drink, this annoyed me and my party. After arguing with the female steward who is not nice (don't be fooled), we were escorted out of the place. We're convinced it's to get more people in and paying the hefty £20 fee. There's so many better places....even sitting in the gutter watching the world go by in London on a Friday night is better than this dump!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Emsiebob

london
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Absolutely awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Last night I attended my susters 21st birthday at Cafe De Paris where we were on the guestlist for VIP. First impressions were fine and we casually ignored the rudeness and arrogance of the doormen. When inside the music was good and the night was going well. About an hour after we arrived somegirls entered our VIP section as there were no bouncers to stop them. After politely asking them to exit the area they reacted in an extremely violent way scratching at my friends face and punching me to the floor. What did not help was that the floors were ridiculously wet from where they had been mopped. After getting up from the floor I was asked by a female bouncer if I want fresh air which I declined only to be asked repetatively. Once outside we tried to get back in which we were declined and told it was our fault. After several of my friends tried to explain that the girls who attacked me were still inside the bouncers then refused them entry and told them to have a coffee (despite no one being drunk). I have to many clubs in the area all of which I have been VIP this was the worst club EVER and the staff are all rude. The owners clearly don't know how to run a club and should be shut down. Do not waste your money or your time!!!!!!!

Visited June 2013
7 Thank cbur123
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“rude bouncers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

bouncers where VERY rude..ignorant...never experienced such rudeness on a night out to be honest..wouldnt return

Visited May 2013
1 Thank dandan93
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bad!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Incredibly rude stuff! Will not go there again! The bouncers outside were just a joke! Drinks expensive and bad atmosphere((((

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Kissy4
Port of Spain, Trinidad
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I made up a small party to see the Black Cat Cabaret at Cafe de Paris as a birthday celebration. The club is a small hidden gem styled inside like the Titanic's ballroom that you would hardly notice on Coventry Street between Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square (it has a small entrance).
The burlesque cabaret would not be to all tastes but was a pleasantly entertainingly different to the norm. My wife enjoyed dressing up in vintage wear. The dinner which was part of our excellently price show and dinner package was good, although drinks were expensive but not by London club standards.
After the show, the club turned into a nightclub which was part of the package so it made a good night out.

Visited April 2013