“Così Fan Tutte - ENO”

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Così Fan Tutte - ENO”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

First time ever at the opera, and thoroughly enjoyed it! Maybe it was the perfect show as it was in English, and was an update to the original opera. Story was funny, and performers were great - especially the lady who played Despina, Mary Bevan. Venue was amazing, staff were very friendly and I may just come back to watch another show!

Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Beautiful building”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a lovely building. The seats are tight for tall people but it wasn't a problem for me. But if you have tall people in front that does obstruct your view. I had to sit on my coat for height. But the show was lovely. The atmosphere great. I saw le corsair. It was excellent, the costumes, the humour, the ballet, the characters and the story. The live music was great too. I would go again.

Visited February 2014
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful either in the cheap seats or down at the front.”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I went to see Rigoletto, for a birthday treat; in very good seats booked by my friend. The reviews I had seen were mixed, to be honest. I found it stunning. It had gravitas in the set design; and the performances were exceptional. Later in the month I bought £12 tickets for Cosi Van Tuti - and again, despite the poor reviews (the setting was Coney Island) I found this an entertaining experience. The cast was fabulous. The sound, even at the back, was great. I will be going back - I am an opera returnee, after several years' away.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Anne M
Bath, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nostalgia”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Went for a performance which was delightful. Have been going to the Coliseum for more years than I care to remember but is always a pleasure. I am for ever grateful that the decision was taken some years back to refurbish the place rather than what was muted at the time a move to a large shed on the outskirts.This building has a wonderful history long may it remain.

Visited July 2013
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Rigoletto outstanding”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We went to see a production of Rigoletto which was exceptional. The production, artistry, performances etc were all first class. What made this production so excellent was how, with such a grande performance, on such a large scale, it was possible to be drawn into such intimacy. This was a wonderful experience.
The bar staff were excellent and pointed out that we could have a bottle of wine for not much more than the cost of two glasses and he could save the rest for the interval. Even in the giant crush of interval drinks in the tiny bar we were recognised and handed the rest. A lovely personal touch.

Visited February 2014