“Good if you're looking for a good value English style pub in Mayfair”
Review of Ye Grapes

Ye Grapes
Ranked #245 of 1,318 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: A classic English pub which is situated in Shepard Market. Ye Grapes is considered one of London's most authentic traditional establishments to enjoy a fresh pint of ale. Established 1882.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Popped in for a liquid lunch during the week, great location in quaint Shepherds market, a little off the beaten tourist trail. The food is good quality, well priced and service is friendly, they serve a selection of real ales. Good example of a nice english pub in a great location in central London.

1  Thank dickinsc
in 22 reviews
"tourists"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I met up in Ye Grapes with some old work colleagues. We used to frequent The Grapes over twenty five years ago when we all worked in the area. The place hasn't changed much, it was buzzing and crowded with after work drinkers but plenty of bar staff on hand. I would rate this pub higher if it wasn't for the smell in the toilets downstairs which was strong, overpowering and offensive. This didn't however detract from a great evening in a traditional Victorian London pub that is popular and an enjoyable place to meet friends in.

3  Thank deborahk3
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Nice seating arrangements, but there is a Thai place upstairs. I'm not sure if that accounted for the odd smell, but I counted about 10 gel air fresheners in the loo. I don't know if they had food, but I stuck to beer.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Having found a great little Italian Place in Shepherd Market the night before, my daughter and I decide to return and try the pub that has Thai food upstairs. The downstairs pub was quite crowded and noisy, so we opted for the Thai upstairs (actually, you can get the pub fare up there as well). The room was quite nice with a view of the market. We ordered the spring rolls for starters and they were delicious. We had massaman curry for our meal and it was quite good. The sauce was very rich and delicious. The chicken was just a bit salty, but still good. The service was friendly and efficient, prices fairly reasonable. A good choice if you are staying in the May Fair area of London and would like a nice, casual Thai meal.