“Smelled of eggs soooooo bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Star Tavern

The Star Tavern
Ranked #463 of 1,280 Nightlife in London
England
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Smelled of eggs soooooo bad”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Came here before the proms. It stank! Seriously bad. Of eggs, or sewage. We were assured by the barman that the smell would go.... It didn't.
Such a shame, good location and old man-y pub.

Visited September 2013

Denison, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Star Treat”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Star Tavern is a special place in a little mews in Belgravia. It is worth searching out. The staff are always pleasant. The pub is fun and friendly. The first floor (upstairs) dining room is lovely and a great place for a date night out with the wife or with good friends. The upstairs decor is that of a library with a good selection of books. In fact for a time I was visiting with such regularity that I read most of one of the volumes on the lives of King Edward V. The menu is varied and the food is good. My only complaint is that it is hard to know if and when the upstairs room is open or if it is booked up. Even with advanced reservations the upstairs is often not available. In the Spring and Summer the outside view is striking with all the floor baskets. Enjoy this gastro-pub, it is a keeper.

Visited January 2013
Colorado Springs
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not sure about the food...”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have to start by saying-- we didn't eat or drink at the Star Tavern. That was the plan-- but showed up too late one Sunday evening after the dinner cut off time. We arrived at 5:20 pm looking forward to a nice pub dinner, but discovered that they stop serving food at 5:00pm. A little disappointed.

Now to the Star’s defense, it does have the Sunday food serving schedule on their website. But I didn’t notice it, so I guess our bad. We are from America and are used to having dinner after 5 on Sundays.

So-- the reason I am writing a review on a place I haven't even eaten at .............. is to give other American tourist a heads up. That the Star looks great, and Im sure it is, but make sure to check the serving schedule before heading out to find the pub, if you are looking for a meal on a Sunday evening.

Visited December 2012
peoria illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“stumbled upon the star tavern”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Our first visit to London wont be our last because of little surprises like the Star Tavern. We went for a pint and had our best pub dinner of the trip. Traveling modestly, pub food was on our budget! it was warm and friendly and right around the corner from our hotel, the Jumeriah. the neighborhood also treats to a huge variety of languages and people from around the globe along with the British hosts.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank whelmick
Madrid, Spain
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“My secret Pub with real fire place”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The Star Tavern is very close to my hotel the Sheraton Belgravia, I discover it 7 years ago and it is the best one I know in London central área. With a lovely decoration, which includes a real fireplace during the cold season is the delight of those who come for a pint. Being in a little tourist area, is full of residents which is very nice and quiet to enjoy the beer you like. Provides customer to read newspapers and traditional food to accompany the wonderful beers. The Friday night is very busy but the friendly staff and the environment by offsetting it. My favorite pub of all that I could go in this city is a kind of best kept secret for those who want to make a good beer in a quiet and friendly environment.

Visited March 2011