“So so” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #907 of 1,271 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: One of the Hoxton originals, Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen has seen plenty of action since first opening its doors in 2001 and remains as vital to the scene as ever. With a grassroots approach to programming up and coming live talent the venue's eagle eared bookers have paved the way for some goose-bump inducing performances over the years in the 300 capacity live room. The list of bands that have played here is a fantasy festival line up if ever we saw one, with bands sharing fond tales on the touring circuit perhaps part explaining the venue being so well revered outside, as well as inside, London. Live acts that have previously played include: Azealia Banks // Ben Howard // Brody Dalle // CSS // Django Django // Don Broco // Dum Dum Girls // Example // Fleet Foxes // Florence + The Machine // Foals // Foxes // Girls // Grimes // Jack Savoretti // Janelle Monae // Japandroids // Jessie J // Laura Marling // Lianne La Havas // Local Natives // Major Lazer // Marina & The Diamonds // Miles Kane // Mogwai // Mumford & Sons // Noah & The Whale // Rita Ora // Savages // SBTRKT // The Bravery // The Hives // Tim Burgess // Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs // Vampire Weekend // Vivian Girls // Wavves // White Lies // Willy Mason
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Wroclaw, Poland
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“So so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

I went a couple of times to Hoxton bar & kitchen with friends. The bar is good-looking and the atmosphere within is nice though crowded on the weekend. They also have a dancefloor where you can go dancing. I used to like the cocktails here as I was served by the manager who was a one of these competions barman, but recently I've not seen him and last time I went the other waiters served us bad cocktails so we asked for refund.

I'd recommend to go there at the beginning of the evening when ithe entrance is free and it is not crowded so you can chat around a drink (beer, NO cocktails), or dance a little. But don't expect much from it.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not too bad. Service could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

The reviews of this place aren't fantastic but I thought it was quite good. Nice food, cheapish beer although the service is a little lacking. If you are in the area, it is not a bad place to sit and people watch but I wouldn't go out of my way to go here. Good music as well

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“TERRIBLE - Don't go Don't go Don't go!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

Do not go!
We wait for 45 minutes to get a SANDWICH!!!!

and then when the sandwich arrived, it was not even the sandwich I asked!!!!!!

My friend did not get the chips and the other friend got another order then the one he asked for.

Worse - the burger came out like the picture here attached! How on earth the chef allows a burger to reach the client like that????

To the bar - You literately don't care for your customer!!!!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Shocking service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Went here with my family for a nice lunch never been before and definitely will never be back. Half the food was unable to order. And what we did order was average. When we got the bill we where overcharged by £10 luckily I noticed and told the bar man who didn't apologize and also printed out the bill again with the wrong about. There is much better places to eat around Hoxton. Avoid this one. I live in London and the service,food and being overcharged for extra items we didn't order is shocking!!!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank veggietalesuk
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“the worst service I've ever experienced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

there is simply no need to be this inefficient. The server was rude, the food took ages and then at the end it took 30 minutes to pay the bill.
I really dislike being so negative but this level of incompetence completely ruined the evening.
And the food was pretty average.

Visited February 2014