“I was a little....”

Ranked #20 of 1,862 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A trip on the Coca-Cola London Eye is truly captivating, a ‘must-do’ and has been London’s number one visitor experience for over a decade. Elegantly rotating over the River Thames and less than a five minute stroll from Waterloo station along the beautiful Southbank. Step into your capsule and feel the exhilaration as you rise up over the Thames. Come face to face with the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, before soaring above them - up to 135 metres on the world’s tallest cantilevered observation wheel. There are mesmerising 360-degree views of the capital laid out before you - London’s most famous landmarks and up to 40km out of the city to Windsor Castle on a clear day.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed July 23, 2013

...bit disappointed in the London Eye. I went as part of our work's Christmas do, first on the Eye and then to a nearby hotel for lunch. The weather didn't help, as it was pouring with rain.

I didn't like the getting on and getting off part of it at all!! It felt like you had to hurry up or you would miss the pod! Even though we had champagne going round, it still did not live up to my expectations.

Write a ReviewReviews (77,007)
All reviews
in 3,437 reviews
"capsule"
in 2,578 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

a very comfortable way to get an overview of the town. But visit already (a first part of) London first. You'll have so much to see in only 30 minutes, that it seemed useful to have already a first idea of the town to recognize some buildings.

Get here early, queues quickly build up in these touristic area of the city.

Not so cheap, try family tickets and/or combinations with other attractions (Madame Tussauds ...)

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was amazing experience. I don't like highs too much, but amazing view ( caused by amazing weather too) not typical for London. If you get a chance buy fast path ticket and go early morning. It opens at 10:00. Have fun

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I booked an experience here for me and my partner. I had no idea what to expect and on arrival we were given a hotel chocolat bag with a tray of chocolates and a tasting tree card, I thought we were going to just have these and be talked through the range how wrong I was...

As we got on the eye (we were whisked past the queue which was hundreds of people long), we were served pressecco by two attentive London eye ladies and the hotel chocolat expert talked us through all the finer points. She was very knowledgable and all 3 of them were friendly and made the experience. We had two trips of the eye but were were all too wrapped up in the chocolate to pay all that much attention to the sights.

Very good value for money when you consider we had two trips on the eye, bubbly, chocolate there and a goody bag to take home. I only found this by fluke and I'm recommending it to all my friends and even though it would be the same am considering going back myself.

1  Thank Jaz84