“Barbican Cinema Cafe”
Review of Barbican Centre

Barbican Centre
Ranked #290 of 1,815 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The Barbican Centre is the largest multi-arts centre in Europe, featuring art, film, music, theatre, dance and education all under one roof and under one creative direction. There's a great choice of eating and drinking at the Barbican, with something to please every taste.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

It was raining on Thursday and everywhere in London was packed. I stopped with some friends at the Barbican Cinema for food - and it was excellent. Fresh and tasty, served with a smile. We got to sit down and chat. Highly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)
All reviews
in 20 reviews
"moorgate"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The architecture tour is highly recommended especially if you know absolutely nothing about the Barbican as I did. I could definitely live there!

1  Thank Sictransit
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Couldn't fault the show, talented performers but even though we had top price tickets, we were one row from as far away as possibe. Central so we could see, but completely devoid of any feeling of being at a gig.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Ok, I have to admit I like the main concert hall, there have been problems with the acoustics since it was completed but after various alterations they are now much improved while still not on the level of some more recent builds. The centre is 70's Brutalist and a reminder of those dark days of architecture, newer Arts centres I have seen in Europe and the U.S. show this place up for the overall failure it is. The outstanding, recenly constructed Arts Centre in Budapest which includes the acoustically fantastic Bartok Hall, leaves this place for dead - no comparison! Rabit warren of corridors and eating areas that are mostly depressing with "lovely" concrete everywhere is the Barbican's main forte. Still, I began by saying I like the concert hall and it's the only place you can see and hear the world renowned London Symphony Orchestra so it's worth a visit just for that. Fortunately the area around the Barbican, like most of central London, has seen a number of good eating places opening up so you won't have to put up with just the offerings in this building.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My ther half and I sent here for my birthday - I'm a huge James Bond fan, and so this was a real treat. The tickets were reasonably priced, getting there and getting in was simple and entrance to the exhibit was well signed and well managed.

Once in, we found the exhibition three parts and each flowed very well and the exhibition had a sort of 'immersion' thing going. Each exhibition room had been set up like a set from one of the movies. The were physical exhibits, which were huge and numerous, there were photos and set dressing and there were excerpts from the movies playing next to props and exhibits to do with that movie.

The exhibition was also huge. We were keen to see everything and so took our time - we were in there for three hours or so, easily. There was a wealth of things to see, this was clearly aimed at the hardcore fan but had something for the casual fan also.

If the exhibition comes back, will see it again.

Great exhibition, excellent value for money, very well done and a real treat for a big fan.