“Great restaurant with a twist of unusual”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rabot 1745

Rabot 1745
Reserve with OpenTable
Rabot 1745 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #729 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Southwark
Description: Rabot 1745 brings to Londoners the cocoa-centric cuisine of its hugely successful sibling, the Boucan Restaurant, launched in Saint Lucia in 2011 to the adoration of New Yorkers just a short-haul flight away. A unique restaurant and bar, with a terrace overlooking the bustling Borough Market, Rabot 1745 has the rough-and-polished elegance of a cocoa plantation house in the heart of London, featuring authentic touches like hurricane-felled Ironwood, brought home from our own 250-year-old cocoa estate in Saint Lucia. As well as a range of inventive cocktails, Rabot 1745 offers a delicious menu crafted by Chef John Bentham, featuring contemporary dishes that draw on the best culinary traditions of the Caribbean, West Indies, and Britain, using roasted cocoa as a subtle savoury spice.
“Great restaurant with a twist of unusual”
Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

A very good restaurant, part of Hotel chocolat. Many of the dishes have cocoa beans. Good food, well presented and reasonably priced given its London location.

1 Thank dzclark

Chicago, Illinois
“EXCELLENT! Hot Chocolate Heaven!”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Love this place! Not only is it in the heart of Borough Market but the hot chocolate is the best I have ever had and I am a huge fan! I tried the white chocolate and hazelnut hot chocolates and they were both so good! I also loved the chocolates and also tried the Salmon cakes which were flavorful and tasty! My service was outstanding! The next time I am in London this is the first place I will go!

“Dreadful service”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

The food was fine. Our waiter was sarcastic and rude . Our table was booked for 8.30pm but within an hour of us sitting down we were the only people left in an empty restaurant . The staff obviously wanted to go home and were noisily tidying up around us .this restaurant is not cheap- save your money. There are so many good restaurants in the area- go somewhere else instead .

3 Thank Jaykay0
HotelChocolat M, General Manager at Rabot 1745, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
We're sorry to hear that your experience of the service in our restaurant did not meet our usual high standards. Can you please let us know the date that you visited us so that we can look into this further? We'd really like the opportunity to show you our true service at the restaurant, so please send an email to help@hotelchocolat.com with any further details of your visit and we'll be in touch as soon as we can to discuss this with you. We hope to hear form you soon.
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Hoping for something special, not delivered”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

There's a great selection of rums, all served with a paired chocolate and that's great - but after that, really the food was fine but nothing amazing. I had hoped for more both from the HC brand and also at the price point.

Service was attentive and the waiter was clearly interested and knowledgeable about the rum selection, but otherwise was not particularly welcoming.

In short, I'm glad I went, and I might go back for drinks one day - but I wouldn't return to eat.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Good food across the menu”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Early dinner at Rabot rounded off a fantastic day in London, with two of my sisters, my husband and my niece. The automated on line booking worked perfectly. Our waitress was really friendly and service was good, all food freshly cooked. Between us, we had the lamb, fish stew, sausage and pork belly and the veggie curry. All were very good. The desserts were good too, except for the gooseberry fool, which was overly rich. Maybe better if the fruit had been distributed better throughout the fool.

This is not a cheap place to eat. However the cheapest red wine on the list was good, but the beer was very expensive at £6 a bottle.

Overall a very good evening, lovely meal and in the buzzy atmosphere of Borough Market. Would come here again!