“I wish I'd stayed somewhere else!”

Euro Hotel Hammersmith
Ranked #981 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 23, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed April 11, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marryles
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have stayed in hotell Euro Hammersmith with my children, 11 and 12 years old. Friendly staff, breakfast ok (we didn't get any bacon though) but the room standard was poor. Clean room but the blankets had holes after cigarette burning (!). It hapened several times that the hot water finished while we were still standing in the shower....
I will choose onother hotel next time I travel to London.

Mothertraveling with my children.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 29, 2012

This has to be the worst hotel I have ever been in. From the view of concrete wall and reinforcing mesh, ( to keep victims in???), 4" from the window to the extremely dated and decrepit interior which makes my skin crawl thinking about it. Thought best to avoid breakfast. £50 per night might not be dear for London, but do they ever get repeat business?? Slept above the covers because I was terrified of what lurked beneath. What an advert for tourists who will assess Britain by what they are unfortunate to come across in places like this. Awful Awful Awful avoid like the plague!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Francis M
Reviewed February 28, 2012

poor bathroom; door couldn't be closed using the toilet;
no possibility to put off the heating, far too warm in the room;
small room, no space to leave the luggage;
shower was hard to regulate hot and cold;
only the beds seemed ok.
After trying breakfast one morning we did not take anymore and bought our own food; even the eggs and toast were awful............poor service and not enough space in the room for everyone to take breakfast !

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank H. C.M. L
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Well this hotel really was not good! We were shown to our room (at the very top of the hotel!) which was not ready so we had to wait outside it. Whilst there we noticed that the bannister was broken in a couple of places - mentioned this to the cleaner who said she knew and had told them - but that was it. On entry to the room we noticed that there was no handle or lock on the bathroom door, no was there any plug in the sink. The drawers were utter crap, nobs fell off, drawers stuck. Bed was the only thing that was nice - although the covers were blankets! Our shower leaked all over the floor and we had to use the two 'very small towels that we were given' to mop it up. There was no hand towel either! Mentioned to the manager that we needed new towels only to be told that 'there are only two provided (they were hand towels rather than bath towels!!!!) and when I explained that we needed two new ones - I was told 'whatever!' - totally unacceptable. That night the room was so hot we had to sleep with the windows OPEN - with not many blankets to keep us warm we eneded up sleeping with our coats on as we couldnt work out how to switch the heating off in our room! Breakfast in the morning was ANOTHER DISASTER! Jars of Jam, bowls of crap margerine and a container of orange juice were on the table greated us! Beans were COLD, scrambled egg was COLD and the fried eggs were LOOK-WARM. The heating plate for the food was broken. Cold plates too! Staff were attentive, but when I asked for hot beans I got look warm ones! Totally not acceptable. How do you know that bacteria has been erradicated if you are served COLD FOOD! We spent time out as much as possible! Bedsheets were clean so no sign of bed bugs - but I bet there were some! I really would recommend you NOT stay at this hotel with children as its really not up to scratch. For really cheap accommodation where you dont have to worry about good food in the morning or the state of the place generally - then by all means use this hotel, but we certainly wont be using the hotel again.

Room Tip: I wouldnt!