“Basic laid back ideal for partys or on a budget ,,,,,”
Review of Forest Gate Hotel

Forest Gate Hotel
Ranked #381 of 555 London B&B and Inns
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Basic laid back ideal for partys or on a budget ,,,,,”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Well what can I say what a new years eve !
I would describe this hotel as a little like Guest House Paraiso ! watch it and go on compare !
cons were no kettle in room but drink stuff left to temp you,
Heating so high in shower rooms u nearly pass out an they dont turn off !
Hotel a bit rough around edges needs decorating not the type of place for a romantic night, although fine for private functions, as has function room out back, or group bookings as cheap n not too strict or stuck up.
The staff very nice heplfull especially the manager giving me drinks ! whilst we chatted with other staff to see in the new year,
Cant comment on Breakfast as we didnt get to it ! Id stay again for the experience, you get what you pay for and has basics you need Bed, showers, Towels, Bar, food on offer, a small shop oposite.

Beds comfy, found parking right outside,

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank jazzzyBmth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Complete garbage. Do not stay here. One of our rooms had a shower in it however it did not drain. Did a little fishing with a coat hanger and caught a large wad of hair. The complementary cups in the room had a pube in it. The room refreshments consisted of a lone tea bag that wasn't even packaged. Word of advice, if the toilet has been flushed, don't try to flush it again for at least 10 minutes. Neighborhood isn't much better. Walking back from the train station the sidewalk was littered with shi#!@y toilet paper. You know it's bad when the customs agent asks where you are staying and when you say "Forest Gate" she says BE CAREFUL! Only plus was the nice patrons in the bar. I'm only giving the place the rating I have because you cannot select a category that goes into negative numbers.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank p_dutchy

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2011

not only was the room a complete dump, £200 worth of items somehow magically disappeared from my locked room....
Old beer cans were stuffed under the bed alongside old cigarettes and do not even get me started on the bathroom facilities. Overall, the service was awful, the rooms were a dump and they robbed me. Do not stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
8 Thank zevvy
londonb
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night however it was the longest night of my life. It was evil. To start with the reception was a nightclub had to scream for service. We waited almost an hour to be served. You will not be able to sleep here. we were told when we arrived that they were painting the room and had to give us another, the one we received needed to be painted it was gross,and full of condensation, You could never describe this as a hotel. A nightclub with a smelly cupboard with a mattress inside.
the rooms were unsafe as the doors had broken locks and the windows were full of pigeon waste.the spoones for tea were mega dirty and dust was everywhere.we felt going to the shower you will come out dirtier than when you went in,,, the w c wasn't working.
worst of all breakfast was disgusting,,,butter was shared by all guest and the wouldnt even give you servilletes.
i felt ill after trying to eat my so called breakfast.
PLEASE AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COST

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank tadge007
Rhyl
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I wish I had read the reveiws before I booked.

A total dump, not even fit for pigs to stay at, the sheets were dirty, windows rotten and about to fall out. Wardrobes held together with sticky back plaster
the toilets and showers not working and disgusting
The breakfast, one rubber egg, something that looked liked bacon, ( probablty still alive ) beans straight ot of the tin and cold.
A totally ignorant person serving breakfast whilst hoovering rubbish in the hotel around as you ( felt like spewing ) looking at the so called breakfast.

I will be writing to the Health and safetuy department, and others asking for this total dump to be closed down.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank shadowmwn
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I was scared to book this hotel with all the bad reviews and I was seriously considering staying in a dorm room in a hostel instead for a similar price. So glad I didn't. I booked a single room and got a double bed in quite a large room. It looks like it was painted recently and the carpet looks new. Maybe they have renovated the hotel since the other people stayed here. There is a wardrobe, set of drawers, bedside table, a microwave with a grill, fridge, TV and kettle. I borrowed some cutlery from the kitchen here and a plate. The bathrooms are clean and there is one reserved for females only which is nicely decorated and private. I've stayed in BBs and hotels in the UK and this would have to be one of the better ones for the budget price. As I travel regularly I always carry with me earplugs so noise isn't an issue. I can't hear people through the walls and can hear opening and closing of doors occassionally. The street outside has a lot of people with stereos blasting but that is East London for you! The area is a bit run down but there are worse places in London. Nice and warm and has windows that open. The bed is comfortable and there is free high speed wifi connection in my room. Haven't tried the breakfast yet, will do tomorrow. The pub is a local hangout, no tourists. Don't be scared to book here!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2010

The Central Hotel where I had booked could not take me when I arrived at about 7 pm in the evening
so they said they were moving me to their "sister Hotel", The Forest Gate so I had no choice to cancel and it was too late to start looking for another hotel. I had to pay for my 2 night stay before even seeing the room and facilities but after doing so I arranged for a friend to book me somewhere else for the second night.
The staircase lights came on sluggishly as you approcahed them and had probably a 2 watt light bulb as it was next to useless making it dangerous to ascend and descend the staircase. all deparatly in need of painting..
They did not serve any food and the nearest place was about a 15 minute walk and having been on my feet all day, I took a taxi back as a treat knwing what dump I was returning to for my night's stay.
My room was on the top floor and was dirty, cold and very damp. The ceiling sloped so you could only actually stand up on one side of the bed. Neighbour in room next door kept me awake as you could hear nearly everything they said. The toilet area was shared, cold, damp and dirty with no locks on some of the doors.
On checking out, they refused to refund my money and I only asked for the one night as a refund.
It was also not near public transport so another long walk was necessary burdened with my suitcase.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business