“Great Venezuelan cafe with Latin beats and friendly staff”

Arepa & Co - Haggerston
Ranked #1,861 of 24,439 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Award-winning Venezuelan Restaurant in London. Our food is a mix of authentic Venezuelan recipes and the creative expression of our chefs whom are inspired by the rich and colourful Venezuelan flavours. Our food is a combination of cornbread, back beans, fried plantains and avocado, coupled with tasty shredded beef, pork loin or delicious roasted vegetables. Our small plates are indulgent and comforting and we have a broad variety of vegan and vegetarian dishes too. Our food is exciting, tasty and colourful and the atmosphere is trendy, buzzy and friendly. **We've been featured in Channel Four and Evening Standard**.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my mulata arepa in this cafe yesterday. Gorgeous fresh juices, guava and mango and the like. Cocktails looked delicious too but was a bit early for me. Hammocks and hanging chairs overlooking the canal. Taste and feel of Latin America near my home. Excellent.

1  Thank betty1000

Reviewed July 5, 2014

There aren't many Venezuelan restaurants in the UK so we jumped at the chance to visit this fairly new place in Haggerston and were pleasantly surprised.

Cool interior decor with bright colours, relaxed atmosphere and even a hammock! However the food was definitely the main attraction. Great authentic Venezuelan food with a modern twist - loved the chocolate tequenos for dessert! The cocktails were delicious and quite strong. The patacones con carne mechada & guasacaca (can't remember the exact name of the dish on the menu) were amazing. The service was fast, friendly and polite and we couldn't fault anything.

My Venezuelan husband was thoroughly impressed and we will definitely return here in the future.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Great location, service and fabulous, authentic Venezuelan food. Had a long lunch and cocktails here but would definitely do breakfast!

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Watched the world cup match here.great atmosphere. Will come again.i loved the presentation of the cassava sticks.the arepas are great as street food too.will get some for carnival.

1  Thank Keke E
Reviewed June 17, 2014

When planning my visit to east London it never occurs to me that I would find a piece of Latinamerica there...
Being at Arepa and Co it was like being on holidays, transported to my lovely 'latinoamerica', latin music, latin vibe and latin flavours.
Their food is full of flavours that tells the story about the country which is the result of a mix of etnias. The place decorated with extremely good taste, chic but not loosing its latin side, is an invitation to stay and come back.

Really friendly staff, great atmosphere and quality homemade food made my day!

Easy to reach from Islington, just 20 min walk by the canal, or 3 stop on overground Haggerston train station.