“Good location and very cheap” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of easyHotel London South Kensington

easyHotel London South Kensington
Ranked #364 of 828 Specialty Lodging in London
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good location and very cheap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Located nicely along well presented terraces close to a tube station which is located centrally for most visitor attractions. Gentleman working on the reception was very nice and helpful. Price is excellent - yes I know many people have complained about the rooms sizes - yes they are very small, especially for me who's 6ft 4'', but come on for the price what do you expect?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Dear All,

I stay now for three nights in this "hotel" however this is in an good neignerhood with a lot of hotels and reataurants highly priced, and feeling luxury if you are in the neignerhood this is an HORRIBLE hotel. There is no aircondition, the hotel is absolutly shoo-box side, i normallly going to E.x Etap Ibis Budget and this is in no way comparable to this easyhotel. The shoobox side, the whole reservation process on the internet with smile's for a good price, please i dont SMILE anywhere in this hotel. The room is not daily cleaned and they are honest about that, but hello you can not even normal shower!
Please Please never go to this hotel, absolutly horrible. Do'nt trust them!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sohail B
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I am use to pretty good hotels with my job and lots of travel to see the world. Indeed, I am a lucky guy, so why Easy Hotel. Well this stop over was on my expense account and I was traveling alone.....no wife or children...just to see some old friends in London. This hotel was a recommendation so I jumped at the chance to stay. I started to get worried when I booked on line and found that the window was extra, the remote control for the TV was extra and you probably get the rest of the picture. I half expected to see somebody selling prize draw tickets and perfume in the middle of the night but I guess the room was tight for a trolley and the bed! But for £25 per night.....that was right £25 for the night (I stayed just the one night) I challenge anyone to find a cheaper room of similar standard! Actually, the snob in me aside, it was OK. The bed was clean and comfortable and the en-suite....slight imagination on my behalf, was a shower cubicle with an integral wash hand basin and toilet. It did occur to me at one point to try all 3 amenities at the same time but alas I struggled to keep the toilet paper dry! I am a middle-aged Dad and I am use to far nicer and ridiculously expensive hotels, so the burning question is would I stay again.....probably yes.....particularly if I have to pay on my account and just needed to rest my head. It is very basic but close to tube station and if you are younger than me and want to spend a week in London on a tight budget you could stay at the Easy Hotel for £150 tops and spend the rest of the lolly on the £14.50 rum and cokes....I kid you not this is London but it did the trick with a good nights sleep. I guess this is Stelios doing to hotels what he achieved with Easy Jet and budget airlines and I am a fan of the concept......although my family would poo poo the idea and probably stay a little more up market!

Room Tip: All stairs...I found the rooms on the 1st floor easy enough to reach.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank SJ262013
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

In fairness to the staff, when I made the booking I hadn't injured my knee however, upon arrival with everything including a walking stick in tow it would've been nice not to have to go up quite so many stairs (four flights) to get to my room. That being said the guy who checked me in was friendly & couldn't apologise enough then said he would check to see if there was a room available on a lower floor for the next night; I can only assume there wasn't because I heard nothing. The room was extremely orange and tightly compacted, pretty much as I expected (think cabin on a cruise ship, you're about there). The bed was alright, nothing spectacular although as an asthmatic the discovery of piles of dust in the corners between the walls & the bed for me to inhale while sleeping was disappointing & unwelcome. By far the biggest let down though was the heat!! I don't know why, hoteliers feel the need to make their guests feel like they're in the tropics they don't and yes, I know I could've got them to turn it down but that would mean hobbling downstairs & then back up again as there are no temperature control's in the room and no means to contact reception accept your own mobile phone but the signal isn't great so I wouldn't bother. Biggest plus point (and something that always worries me about hotels particularly hotels in old building's) was the shower because although it took a frustratingly long time to heat up (my advice would be to turn it on and leave it for at least 10mins) but once it did it was glorious! Just a little more attention to the details needed to get better marks.

• Stayed March 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

This hotel is perfect if you just want a base to leave your things, grab a shower and somewhere to sleep while you explore London! this is the 2nd easy hotel we have stayed in and i have no complaints at all. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was basic but clean and comfortable, the hotel is well situated with both gloucester road and earls court tube stations a short walk away and the price (£50) for the night was fantastic for a friday in London! I would definately reccommend this hotel if you want cheap, clean and comfortable!

Room Tip: dont bother paying for extras like windows, for the amount of time you spend in the hotel its pointl...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

THE BEST OF:
Location in South Kensington is close to great, quirky london breakfasts, museums (Natural History), Kensington Gardens (15min walk), and is <2 min walk from a grocery store for all your travel needs. It felt like a safe neighborhood for a young couple walking home late at night from the Underground station. People park their Range Rovers and $$$ luxury vehicles on the street, and a lady taking her dog out at 1am gave us directions home. Also, the PRICE was EXCELLENT: for a stay for 2 in London the price simply can't be beaten.

THE WORST OF:
It's small. We're talking no lobby. We're talking Double size bed, 1.5 square yards of floorspace (requiring you to probably step over your suitcase), and a 1 square yard bathroom. You have to close the bathroom door to open the door to the room. We stayed 2 nights and spent very little time there, so it was perfect for us. Also, we arrived exactly at our check-in time of 3pm and the room was not ready for us. The /one/ housekeeper had to hustle to get it ready while we waited in the not-lobby (small room with a man at a desk), so that was a little awkward, but at least we knew everything was clean! The desk clerk did however give us a map, some beverages, and travel advice. I think there is no desk clerk after hours if I remember correctly.

Room Tip: We paid extra for a window, which we both thought was worth it. The room didn't feel quite so t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gasman6331
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I paid £35 for a one night stay in london which cannot be beaten on price for a Friday night. The hotel is easy to find and is about 10-15 minute walk from Gloucester Road Tube. It might be quicker to walk from Earls court. The room was small byu adequate. We stayed in room G5. The bed was comfy but the TV very small. We paid and extra £5 for a tv remote which you keep and can reuse on repeat visits. There is a lot of background noise as the doors are very heavy and make a loud noise when closing. The shower a walk in shower but adequate. All in all nothing special but the cheapest you will get in London.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
easyHotel Old St / Barbican
Paddington / Maida Vale
Point A Hotel, London Paddington
South Kensington
The Park City Grand Plaza Kensington Hotel

Been to easyHotel London South Kensington? Share your experiences!