“be very careful”

easyHotel London South Kensington
Ranked #480 of 896 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Before booking this budget accommodation make sure you are fully aware of what your getting. Yes its good value for a superb location but the the windowless rooms are only slightly bigger than an airline toilet. It is extremely uncomfortable for two people and there is no room for luggage. I would only stay there again as a single occupant for one night where the bare minimum comfort was required. It was clean and the staff were helpful, however on arrival I had the impression they were used to a lot of complaints about the size of the rooms as the first question we were asked was were we aware of it.

1  Thank andy t
There are newer reviews for easyHotel London South Kensington

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of May 2013. We had a room with one big window. The room was small and the washroom tiny, but we knew that before we booked. The room was clean. There is no furniture other than a matress on a platform. It was surprisingly comfortable. We paid for wi-fi which did not work half the time (we used it mainly first thing in the morning and later at night as we were not in the room during the day). We used the Gloucester Rd station which was a 5-10 minute walk. The person at check-in was friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Angela A, Operations Manager at easyHotel London South Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Jennifer,

It seems that you enjoyed your stay with us which pleases me. I have noted that there were aspects of your stay that could be improved.

Thank you for your comments about the internet. We are currently experiencing a few issues with our provider and we are looking at solutions and potentially a new provider.

We ask our guests to bear with us for another couple of weeks till we get this resolved.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Yes you know to expect a no frills place when you book this and although £65 per night on a Saturday was the cheapest hotel we could find in the grossly overpriced capital of London, it was not really worth it but all we needed was a bed for the night so it saved us some money and sufficed. We had a standard room with no window. The bed was surprisingly comfy but the room was way too hot with no thermostat to mediate, just ventilation holes in the ceiling which didn't do much. This made it difficult to sleep together with the hum of a generator all night. The tiny bathroom was very clean but felt like being in a caravan. Short people would not be able to hang up their clothes as the 2 hooks on the wall were at least 6 feet up. The guy that let us in did not say much and handed us an extra towel per room on arrival as there is only one in the rooms. Surely our booking said the rooms were for 2 people each. The worst part was when we returned at midnight someone had clearly been into one of our rooms! A scarf that had been left on the pillow was now lying across the end of the bed and a random scrap of paper had also been left/dropped on the bed. There was no reason for anyone to have been in after we checked in and this just made the place feel dodgy. The location itself was good, just a few minutes walk from Earls Court tube but I think I will look elsewhere in future.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Angela A, Operations Manager at easyHotel London South Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate all the feedback we get as it helps me improve the experience for future guests.

I understand your comment about the high prices in London. Being the capital city and one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations, the Rates are considerably higher in London than elsewhere in the country. We aim to offer a great value budget option in the heart of the city and I am pleased you agree.

In regards to the Air conditioning, whilst each room does not have a thermostat, however as mentioned in your welcome pack, we can change this at Reception if you let us know.

I am concerned that you feel someone has been in your room. If you let me know your room number we can investigate this as there is no reason why anyone should have entered the room.

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

For £40 a night for a shoe box room is definitely overpriced. As soon as you get in there is a bed and that's it. No room to even leave your suitcase. The hallway and the staircase outside was bigger than the room. Very flat pillows might as well not have any. Very flat duvet. No cupboard of course just 2 hooks really high up on the wall. The toilet is very small I've seen a bigger toilets in trains. No windows no ventilation. In the soap dispenser there was a chewing gum inside. Shower head was broken told receptionist he came to check it and said the washer has gone so you need to wait till tomorrow to be fixed so couldn't have a shower. In my brother's room the sink was blocked which means they definitely don't check their rooms regularly and def don't clean them. You get one towel per person until you leave. No one cleans the room until you leave. No iron available due to health and safety. £5 just to borrow a remote controller for a tiny tv. Dirty walls never been cleaned. Hair dryer free but once u r done u need to take it back to reception . Not recommended if you are claustrophobic. Didn't know it was even legal to call this a hotel when the room is tiny. Absolutely disgusted would never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Tila1
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed here because of the price and the location. It was a 5 minute walk from the Earls Court station. The area was quite nice. Lots of restaurants and stores that were open late. As far as the room goes, Easy Hotel is very upfront about what you are getting; a very basic room with little space to walk. This was fine for me as I was out about all day on tours of London, Stonehenge, Bath, and Lacock. I was barely in my room save to sleep and shower. The room was very clean for the most part, but I did notice when I pulled back the duvet that the comforter was dirty looking and probably should have been retired. If you're the claustrophobic type, this hotel is not for you. One can barely stretch their arms out without banging into something. What I didn't like the most about this hotel it was the podlike bathroom. It was kinda cramped and I'm a beefy guy. I literally banged my head on the sink one morning trying to bend over in the shower to wash my legs. The room was also very warm. However, they mention on the paperwork when you check in that they will adjust your room temperature if needed, which they did. Also, the wifi reception in the room was not always the best. It works, it's just slow at times and I
would have to keep signing in and out to get it gong again. If you're on a budget as I was, this is the perfect place to stay, but know in advance that you get what you pay for.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank cpt31
Angela A, Operations Manager at easyHotel London South Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate all the feedback we receive as it allows us to improve the experience for future guests.

I sincerely apologise that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us and have experienced these issues. I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. As a listed heritage building all of our rooms are different shapes and sizes. Our small rooms are 6-7 square meters, standard rooms 8-9 and wheelchair accessible 14. If your room is not to your satisfaction we encourage you to let us know and we will do what we can to get a room to meet your expectations .

I have noted your comments in regards to linen not being of high standard of cleanliness and have addressed this issue with our housekeeping provider so as to ensure that it doesn’t happen again in the future.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your review and I apologise about the issues you experienced.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I' stayed at both South Kensington and Victoria hotels. Both of then are in good location, 5 mins walk from metro stops. Also bus stops near. I suppose Easyhotels are the cheapest hotels close to London downtown. Especially South Kensington neighbourhood is very nice, high class, very safe at nights with many shops and markets around. The good thing, unlike other hotels, is that you know in advace what you get, because in Easyhotel website inform and show exactly the type of room you'll book (how many sqm is, if there is window or not, payed amenities and extras etc.) So, I don't understand bad reviews from travellers judging the sizes of the rooms. They knew from the beginning exactly the type of room they booked. If someome is in tight budget he pays accordingly. Also a very positive thing is the cleanness of the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vayio

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience with us on Trip Advisor. I look forward to welcoming you back again when you are next in London.

Operations Manager at Easy Hotel South Kensington

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Will never return to this hotel as it was diabolical in all senses of the word.

I was booked into a disabled room, which was terrible. I never even selected disabled room, so problems already. The room was cold, no heating, despite asking it to be turned up three times. I was freezing. The bathroom stank and was filthy and I was really unhappy.
I did speak to reception who wouldn't move me rooms and I'm not happy about this stay at all.

Avoid. Barbican EasyHotel is much nicer.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo