Ways to Experience Bateaux London
from $107.30
from $45.80
from $65.50
1,760 results
All reviews lunch cruise window table jazz cruise elite package afternoon tea river cruise embankment pier gift voucher top deck recommend this trip canary wharf glass of champagne christmas present birthday treat different perspective my mum london eye
Reviewed 3 days ago

Last weekend I was part of a group on one of the dinner cruises to celebrate a Birthday. Unfortunately, from the outset things weren't great. The waitress assigned to our table seemed quite under experienced. She brought soft drinks with the bottle tops left on and didn't bother coming back with a bottle opener although she had been asked. We ended up using the cutlery to open them ourselves. Some drinks didn't turn up and the wait staff spilled a couple when they did (in my case I got fed up waiting and went to the bar myself). Mistakes can happen, granted, but the dropping/spilling became a bit of a theme. One of our group had cutlery dropped on her back and got hit in the head a few times... maybe don't have the tables so close together?

The food was nice, but the portions were very small. The veg served with the chicken breast appeared more like a garnish. A couple of us didn't receive our bread rolls and were told they had run out by our waitress only for another basket of rolls to turn up a little while later. That then gets offered to everyone but us two who had missed out initially. We had two in our group with allergies, one nuts and the other gluten but they were not shown a different menu. Serval times they asked if they could eat what was on the set menu and didn't really get a certain answer. They ended up having to question the courses as they came out. My friend with the gluten allergy had a desert placed in front of her and when she asked (again) if it had gluten it was taken away and replaced with a fruit salad. Why did she have to ask yet again? Why were the two in our group not given separate menus to the rest of us? They gave you prior warning to their allergies!

We also didn't receive our tea/coffee (although other tables around the room did) and the petit fours turned out to be a chocolate coin and a piece of fudge which were not enough for the table.

The entertainment was good and I enjoyed the band and singer, but the mic kept cutting out which was a shame.

I feel that given the price you pay for this experience (almost £80, drinks are separate) you shouldn't really come back with any complaints. Obviously nothing is perfect so the odd hiccup is allowed for, but it was a shambles to be honest.

I do not usually leave bad reviews, I just don't go back but I feel I had to say something on this occasion due to the fact that the couple who had invited us ended up feeling embarrassed that they had told us how wonderful a previous experience had been. They felt bad that we had paid the money for this and ended up feeling guilty. This made me angry as it was meant to be a celebration and they were not to know how different this experience was to their last. They should not have gone home feeling this way!

I personally wouldn't recommend this due to my own experience but to be fair there do seem to be some good reviews, so really its up to you whether you want to take the gamble. I've noticed on other reviews like this the company have basically asked that you join them again so they can give you the experience that they are known for. I don't think it's fair to ask someone to pay those prices again just so you can do it right; I hope at least they're offering a discount should you chose to return.

1  Thank sbhn82
Reviewed 4 days ago

A group of us were celebrating a friends special birthday this weekend. What an absolute shambles this was!

We turn up and get taken to our tables, no problem. We ordered drinks, which we had to wait for a little while - no problem. However when they came the waitress brought the bottles over with the cap still on, when asked for a bottle opener she said she will be back ... She never returned with a bottle opener so we opened it with cutlery.
The waitress also forgot a tonic with one of the girls gins, when asked about this she said she will bring it over, we were waiting 10 minutes for the tonic which never turned up, we ended up going to the bar and having to grab it ourselves.
Keeping on the drinks subject, we ordered another drink later on in the evening and mine never turned up, asking about it again it finally came and the waiter this time knocked over my bottle to which he gave a quick apology and went to get a towel.

Foodwise, the waiters came around with bread rolls, they ran out on our table and went to get more, to which they ran out again when they got to the last two on the table and expected us to share a small roll! However ten minutes later they brought out another set of rolls, one of the guys on our table asked for more butter, to which she said yes and walked off without finishing offering the bread rolls around the rest of the table. Which the same two people were left out again!!! When questioning this, the waitress just said 'oh you didn't take one' - sorry no but we weren't even offered any!!

I'm allergic to nuts and my friend is gluten free. We mentioned this when booking and again to the waitress. The waitress was clueless. We asked if the menu we have is the same one for the gluten free and the waitress said she'd check. She didn't come back to let us know. She then went to take the menus back and we asked what the result
was to which she just smiled and said yes! No help at all. My friend had to ask each time a new course came over if it was gluten free. They even gave her the desert that wasn't gluten free!!

Going onto the next course, the food was ok, basic but nothing to scream about. However the petit fours and tea or coffee never turned up! So yet again we missed out on this! We didn't leave our seats so couldn't be told that we weren't about.

Unfortunately due to the rain the condensation was dripping on us throughout the evening as well! The entertainment was basic, it could have been enjoyable, ruined by the microphone cutting out now and again throughout the entire night.

All in all I paid nearly £80 for a 5 course meal in which I only got 3 of the courses, absolute outrageous service and not an enjoyable night.

I will not be recommending this to anyone. The service actually ruined the evening, it was not relaxing or enjoyable.

JorgeC7330, Manager at Bateaux London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Dear PennyBav

It is disheartening when we hear we did not meet a customer expectations.

We take guest feedback seriously and I can assure you that all your comments will be investigated and followed up accordingly.

I do hope this experience does not prevent you from sailing again with Bateaux London. Please get in touch on jorge.canela@bateauxlondon.com should you wish to return and I will take care of the arrangements and ensure you receive the standards for which we are renowned.

Reviewed 5 days ago

What a priviledge to be on board,the food was superb, staff very polite friendly and welcoming, the food very tasty and well presented, this was a gift from our best friend .
I would book again and would highly recomend Bateaux.

Dear Trail12190016444

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent sailing with Bateaux London.

We strive to deliver a memorable on-the-water experience so I am delighted to receive your comments which I will share with the team.

We are launching our new vessel, Glass Room next month which will take dining on the water to a level of luxury never seen before. I do hope you come back and try our new offering very soon.

Reviewed 6 days ago

This was bought as a gift for my partner...a premier cruise with three course lunch, wine, water, coffee and petit fours. The cruise was extremely enjoyable, along with the Jazz playing. We were seated in close proximity to the band, but the level of noise was fine. Lunch was absolutely lovely, each course enjoyable. I have to avoid dairy and they were able to accommodate this successfully. We had a whole bottle of Carmenere red wine which we thoroughly enjoyed, and an attentive waiter. All the staff were cheerful and helpful. It has been a beautiful sunny day today....if I went again I would take sunglasses. There are good window shades but the sunglasses would have been good.

JorgeC7330, Manager at Bateaux London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear Supersonic75

Thank you for reviewing Bateaux London lunch on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your birthday celebration on board Melody.

I value your feedback as it helps us to maintain our high standards of customer care and cannot wait to share your comments with the team.

Please get in touch on jorge.canela@bateauxlondon.com when you wish to make your next reservation and I will make sure you have another great sailing.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Went on an evening dinner cruise for my sister in laws 50th birthday. Waiting staff were surly and inept. My mother had her head banged 3 times by the waiters then one dropped cutlery down her back. Then later another waiter dropped a whole drink down my nephews fiancées back and all that he did was to give her a napkin. This was exacerbated by the tables being too close together.
The food was nice but portions minuscule. One tiny bread roll with not enough butter for whole table. Cauliflower veloute was a total of four teaspoons and gone in seconds. Smoked salmon was nice but again a tiny amount. The main course of chicken was served with 1 baby leek 2 slices of courgette and a small piece of kale. Desert was nice but in no way can it be described as a crime brûlée. Then the final insult of petit fours and tea or coffee was a disaster. A few pieces of Turkish delight or bit of fudge with some after dinner mints are not petit fours and the promised tea or coffee never materialised.
The entertainment was also marred by the singers mic which kept cracking and at one point failed altogether.
This company charges an exorbitant amount for a very poor quality experience. People considering this would be better served by taking the riverbus service from Greenwich to Westminster then booking theirselves into a quality restaurant. Would probably be cheaper too. We left still hungry and a couple of hundred quid lighter.
In the East End of London we have a saying. “All fur coat and no knickers.” This just about sums up our experience.

3  Thank bethnalboi

Dear bethnalboi

I am sorry to hear you remain unhappy despite the conversation you had with our Restaurant Manager, Mauricio on Saturday and the gesture of goodwill that you were offered.

It is unfair you also used other social media channels to express your dissatisfaction when the matter was resolved to your satisfaction on the night.

I apologize for not meeting your expectations and hope you give the us the opportunity to look after you again at some point in the future.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

On 17th October, these unbelievable things just happened in front of my eyes.(below has two commons that describe more details than mine,due to one of the manager comment I’m really disappointed ,so please read carefully)
1.pass the food by ourselves ? Go ask your staff right or not, don’t throwback the questions to your guests
2.manager keep saying he work on F&B industry over 20 years, but that didn’t fix any problems,simple thing, all the guest paying same amount of money,we deserved to get the same standard service.
3.main course delete around 20-30 mins,which is ridiculous, such a big company, how come make this basic mistake?
4.too many things was wrong on that day,we don’t want to distory our memories at that moment because of this terrible service
please just asking yourself every details and don’t respond any nonsense comments
Treat your guest like your family, thank you.

10  Thank Inspire48549763343
JorgeC7330, Manager at Bateaux London, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear Inspire48549763343

It is indeed disappointing to continue to see a trend of malicious feedback with the aim to damage our online reputation.

As per the response to the first of your reviews, we are awaiting contact with full details to investigate the incident you describe.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We had booked the premier package cruise for our family to celebrate our Ruby anniversary.
They called us and cancelled our dinner cruise just one day before leaving us no time to rearrange hotels etc.
As a result this ruined our anniversary and cost us a lot of money in unnecesary travel and hotel costs.
When I spoke to a friend about our experience they told me that they had had their lunch cruise cancelled at short notice when they had booked with batteaux on a previous occasion.
If I had known I certainly wouldn't have risked ruining our celebration by booking this.
We are also still waiting for our refund over 2 weeks later!

2  Thank sueP7898JX

Dear sueP7898JX

The nature of our business is cruising and cancellations are not something we take lightly due to the significant financial implications for us and the inconvenience for our customers. However, safety is paramount and we would not compromise operating with a faulty vessel.

It is quite odd that you heard from your friend that sailings were cancelled several times in the past as this is not accurate information.

Please accept once again our apologies for the disruption to your Ruby wedding anniversary celebration. I
do hope you reconsider and give us another chance at some point in the future.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Lucky me! I spent my last night in London having an incredible ‘experience’ with Bateaux Boats Dinner & River cruise. Food and Service impeccable, but what made it such a highlight for me (& many others around me), was the fabulous vocals of Atila Huseyin and his marvellous pianist (whom I sadly declare I don’t know the name of).
This was just one of the best experiences I’ve had while in Europe and, believe me, I have had some fabulous food and musical experiences in the many weeks I’ve been away.
Brilliant.
Bring your friends. It’s worth it on every level - from the beautiful welcome from the gorgeous Embrys and Hattie, to the slick personal service from Maurisio, this is an ultra-special ‘happening’.

1  Thank ShelleyH1123
JorgeC7330, Manager at Bateaux London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear ShelleyH1123

Thank you for taking the time to share your great review on Trip Advisor following your recent sailing on board Harmony.

I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful time and it was absolutely our pleasure to have looked after you. It is very important to us to receive such lovely comments which I have shared with Atila and the rest of the team today.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another on-the-water experience on your next trip to London.

Warm regards

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Had to wait on dockside for around 20 mins would have appreciated a member of staff acknowledging all of us and advising us of delay boarding!
Got on board was slow service ended up
Having to go to bar to get my own drinks
Food was ok however menu online was different to menu on the tables ?
A nice trip with great music and entertainment

1  Thank Jaydle15
JorgeC7330, Food & Beverage Manager at Bateaux London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Jaydle15

Thank you for taking the time to review your on-the-water experience.

Whist you describe the trip as enjoyable, I value the constructive feedback you provide in relation to the speed of service and delay in boarding. It is only with feedback as yours that we are able to monitor our high standards of customer care.

I look forward to welcoming you for another sail in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We have 22 Asian friends from 8 cities (San Francisco, Las Angles, New York, Vancouver, Toronto, Taipei, Shanghai, and Melbourne) grouped together for a wonderful 15 day-trip in UK and Ireland, served by a local travel agent, who arranged this Thames River Dinner Cruise provided by Bateaux London on 17th of October. However, this disgusting cruise almost ruined our happy moods of enjoying the beautiful sceneries of Thames River and left us the only bad memory during our tour due to their intentional discrimination, described below.

After waiting for half an hour, we were the second group embarked the ship. One woman receptionist who received us spoke barely understood English and teased our names' pronunciation in a disdainful manner. Then we were setting up by two-rows of tables at the corner with very narrow space between the rows, which couldn't allow most of our members to get out from their seats, neither could be served easily by waiter/waitress table by table. As a result, we were requested to pass the starters from the front to the rear, which was different from other guests seating on other rows of the table. When we raised our first complaint, a manager came after a while, spoke in a non-British accent "Does anyone of you can speak English?" which seriously insult our group composed of Entrepreneur, Professors, Bankers, Accountants, and retired General, who were mostly from North America with great careers!! When we questioned "how can you asked us to pass our foods without considering the hot food dishes may burn our hands and cause danger?" and "Why don't you arranged tables with ample space for being able to serve by waiters?" The manager just simply replied, "This is what we have done our business in this way for over 25 years."

Our bad treatment was not ended but went worst after our previous complaint. When most of the other people finished their main course, 14 of us seated at the last row of tables haven't got their dishes, and it turned out the fact that we were "first come, but last served." Any person who faced such situation should be furious, but most of us were still very calm and patient due to our well educational background and Asian’s self-cultivation, despite what has happened. The manager came again for our second complaint explaining with a lot of unacceptable excuses. Then he used a stupid way to appease us by giving us a bottle of wine but said "I wish this can make you happy!" by a haughty voice. Indeed, we didn't care about such arrogant compensation, but we deserved a respect and sincere apology expressing by warm and polite attitude instead.

Even we really don't want to use such a strong word "discrimination", to accuse this cruise provider, we still rationally conclude this is the right wording according to those five pieces of evidence: (1) unprofessional receptionist teasing our names by inappropriate behavior, (2) intentionally arranged us in the worst sitting area of the ship without considering we are the early group onboard, (3) incompetent manager neglected our compliant at beginning due to his misjudgment and wrong impression on Asian (that we don't speak English), (4) Terrible kitchen work efficiency and bad service management caused 50 minutes delay on 14 main courses of our group, (not accidental but intentional), and (5) unqualified manager didn't solve the problem but caused more dissatisfactions because of his arrogant manner.

In Summary, we believed if there is anyone who has encountered one or two things same as abovementioned five scenarios, these should definitely meet the criteria of "discrimination". What had happened to us was, unfortunately, the worst, which have never happened to us in our life in America, nor in Canada or anywhere. If this was not "discrimination", what is a "discrimination"? Nevertheless, we still trust the top management of Bateaux London will officially issue a sincere letter of apology to us, and tell us how you can improve your service to prevent those mistakes from happening again. We also expect TripAdvisor can keep this review in your platform for providing helpful lessons to those of your clients and members who can learn from our case; especially, for the tour providers to understand "what should be the best and unbiased services among different races and nationalities".

16  Thank k8hsiung

Dear k8hsiung

It is very concerning to receive your TripAdvisor review, especially as Bateaux London has been welcoming people from all around the world over the last 20 years.

It is the first time we hear issues of this nature which I have investigated with the team and nobody could recall the incidents you described.

We have also looked on our system and could not locate a group reservation on the date in question. Due to severity of your allegations, I appreciate you contact me on jorge.canela@bateauxlondon.com at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you.