“WOW - Sleeping Beauty!”

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“WOW - Sleeping Beauty!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is my second visit to Sadler's Wells and it is still just as gorgeous a venue. We sat in the "cheap" seats but the view is still fantastic and the spectacle of this show is second to none, no pointe shoes or pas de deux here, it's modern, exciting and thrilling. So glad to hear it is touring and I will be telling everyone I know to go and see it!

• Korean first
The Cotswolds
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Matthew Bourne's "Sleeping Beauty"”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

By the time this review is published this ballet will be on tour, but we saw the penultimate evening performance and it was FABULOUS! Everything was sheer perfection from the performers themselves to the enchanting costumes and set design and the quirky puppet "Baby Aurora", who stole everyone's heart! If you get the chance to see this anywhere in the U.K.please go and, if not, watch out for 2014!! My husband, daughter-in-law and I just didn't want it to end! A truly memorable evening! Thank you Matthew Bourne! (Incidently, he was in the audience !)

Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Love it!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have started a family tradition to go to the ballet each year and 4 years on it continues to wow me! I love the creativity and modern twists. The staging is always imaginative and dancers fantastic. The venue is easy to find and there is free parking on a Saturday evening right outside. Tickets are great value for money. I can't wait for next year.

Derry
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A Great Venue”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went to see Mathew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty here in the middle of January and it was fantastic. We sat in the dress circle and had a perfect view of the stage and the dancing. A lovely night. I hope to return here again as often as possible. It is a great theatre and I would highly recommend it. We also went round the corner to the Shakespeares Head for a beverage or two pre show and it was thoroughly charming and more importantly reasonable for a drink. Both are a must.

Switzerland
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,292 helpful votes
“Mathew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

What an Artist!!!! Well done, a fantastic production despite what the critics had to say! We enjoyed every moment of the show! From the choreography to the costumes, the dancers were sublime and the sets out of this world. Thank you for yet another fabulous production! Long may you carry on!!

1 Thank Frequenttraveler031