“Employees are so rude that it's insulting” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holmes Place - Kensington

Holmes Place - Kensington
Mountain View, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Employees are so rude that it's insulting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2005

The Holmes Place Kensington gym's customer service is untrustworthy and arrogant.

I went to London for 1 week. Before arriving, I called Holmes and was told that a 2-week guest pass for visitors costs 40 pounds. When I arrived, the sales manager Damien said that price only applies for friends of members. He asked for the name of the receptionist I spoke to on the phone. I didn't know the name, so he said he would charge me 150 pounds (for 1 week!).

I was very disappointed and asked if he would please honor their price quote. He became curt and snapped at me that they won't make enough money if they do that. I said I would be writing an internet review and surely they don't want bad PR. He accused me of threatening him and told me that I'm "in bad form".

As another example, that same day, their gym was closed for construction (only the sauna was open), but they didn't given enough notice to their members. The gentleman who rode up in the elevator with me was unpleasantly surprised to find he came all that way for nothing.

I went down the street and found another gym. This other gym had perfectly reasonable customer service -- they even lent me a day lock for the locker room for free. Clearly not all London gyms are rude. Only the Holmes Kensington is offensive. Avoid it!

9 Thank VivianShortbread