“A Must for Tennis Lovers”

Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum
Book In Advance
$34.40*
and up
Wimbledon All England Tennis Club and Lawn Tennis Museum: Behind-the-Scenes...
$43.35*
Big Bus London Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
$81.20*
London Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60 Attractions
Ranked #62 of 1,675 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 1, 2014

There were no tours on offer so we made our own arrangements. The wife, being a couch tennis fan was delighted to be able to actually visit where it all happens. The museum has an extensive display covering the history of Wimbledon then a visit to the Centre Court followed by lunch and of course dessert Strawberries and cream.

1  Thank LsBob
There are newer reviews for Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We visited Wimbledon museum and took the guided tour of the stadium.
All the staff from the person answering the phone, the friendly security guard , the shop and cafe staff and especially the tour guide made our visit a very pleasant experience.
The tour guide was very informative and patient with all the people on the tour.We saw all the main courts and behind the scenes at this world famous venue.
I would rate ths as one of the best visits I have enjoyed.
Good value for money and you can take your time to visit the museum at your own rate.
The cafe offers a good selection of food and drinks at a reasonable price.

1  Thank AJ_ABERDEEN
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Well worth a visit - and a must if you are a tennis fan. Go when the championships aren't on and you can see the courts at close quarters, too.

1  Thank JLWreview
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We booked our 1.30pm tour of Wimbledon for Sunday (25/05/2014). What can I say? Fantastic! The second we walked through gate 4 we were greeted by warming friendly staff!! From the security guard at the gate, to the shop assistants and the fabulous tour guide we were made to feel most welcome.

We arrived a little early and were encouraged to take a look around the shop, museum and cafe area with an uninterrupted view of centre court from a glass pod via the cafe. Our tour started promptly and took in a trip to Court 1, Murray Mound/Henman Hill, the press room, the beautiful grounds and of course Centre Court (much smaller looking than it appears on TV).

We were encouraged to take as many photos as we wanted however no photos if any of the members were around. Our tour guide gave us plenty of time to get the perfect snap at the main attractions such as Centre Court and the press room which was fabulous!

On our return we were informed we were free to stay and wander as long as we wanted to. We visited the museum which showed an abundance of history, pictures, tennis racquets through the years, outfits through the years, a hologram presentation by John McEnroe, a 3D movie and the actual ladies and men's wimbledon trophies! Fabulous!

However, I was extremely disappointed upon watching the 3D movie. Great movie showing a typical day at Wimbledon but it also focused on the men's final in 2012 where Murray was defeated by Federer! Come on Wimbledon! It's almost a year since our Andy lifted that famous trophy after such a long wait for our next British champion! We should be shouting his name from the rooftops! Perhaps I'm a bit biased being a fellow Scot but I'm sure we'd all love to see the film with him lifting that fabulous trophy!!

If it wasn't for this gripe I would without doubt have given the tour full marks.

Thank you Wimbledon for an amazing visit!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and myself went on Friday the 23rd of May to the tour and museum , everyone there was very nice from the tour guide to the people working in the shop but especially to Karen who was there to help my husband as he is disabled but uses a walker . When we walked onto centre court it was very thrilling as I have followed tennis since I was very young so it was very special . Thankyou all for a very special day