“Fantastic guide”

Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum
Book In Advance
$33.53*
and up
Wimbledon All England Tennis Club and Lawn Tennis Museum: Behind-the-Scenes...
$79.13*
London Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60 Attractions
$42.25*
Big Bus London Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #63 of 1,695 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My friend and I took the guided tour during a trip to London as part of our London Pass. Our guide was extremely knowledgable and went into depth about the history of tennis at Wimbledon, but also threw in lots of funny anecdotes about the players past and present which brought it all to life. We were given access to the press room, Court 1 and the hallowed Centre Court - which, on a sunny day in May, with the groundspeople present in abundance nursing the grass ready for the tournament a month later, was particularly spinetingling. After the main tour we went into the museum -fascinating - and then went for a leisurely bite to eat in the lovely (but pricey) restaurant in the grounds. A very enjoyable 3 hours.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed the Wimbledon tour. Our guide was very informative. It was such treat to walk through the facility. Seeing centre court, the press room, and Henman Hill were some of the highlights. The tour was about 90 minutes and we spent about three hours there. This included the tour,the museum & getting a quick bite to eat afterwards. If you are going to go to Wimbledon, I would recommend doing the tour.
Getting there - We took the District Line to Southfield. It was a nice walk (10 or 15 minutes) through a residential area to get to Wimbledon. There is also a bus, but it was a nice day and we enjoyed the walk.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I visited Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Club tour and Museum today with a gift certificate we had been given. It was a lovely sunny day which was lucky as a lot of the tour is outside. We were greeted by very friendly staff and an extremely informative guide who allowed us to take our time as we soaked in the feeling of sitting in Court One, the Centre Court, Henman Hill and the press areas. The museum is really worth seeing and is full of memorabilia, interactive exhibits and a great holographic monologue by John McEnroe. We really enjoyed our visit and will be taking every opportunity to get real tickets for the tournament next year.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My partner wanted to visit this museum on our week in London however I have to say I was pleasantly suprised and enjoyed the history and being in centre court again (not playing!)

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum in September. I'm a huge tennis fan, and Wimbledon is my favorite tennis tournament to watch throughout the year. The museum was much more than we were expecting. There were interactive exhibits, narrated self-tours as well as guided tours. There are hundreds of photo ops, as this museum does allow photographs to be taken inside. And the best part...getting to see Centre Court through a 360 degree viewing box. An incredible view of the court, the stadium itself, and we left with the feeling that we had just been inducted into some super special tennis group that not everyone has the opportunity to join. In reality, it was just an outstanding, interactive experience, which left us feeling a kinship with the tennis player heroes of our childhood, and a thrill for enjoying many more Wimbledon tournaments in the future.