We have just returned from a great two night weekend break to this hotel and have had a wonderful time.
This is the second time we have used this hotel, the first being last May when we got it as a mystery hotel with a theatre package. We were impressed so booked directly to come back this time.
Upon arrival we were greeted professionally by the doorman and checked in straight away. We were offered the chance to upgrade to a suite overlooking the river which was well worth the extra. For the extra we got a large room (no 741) with a living area and a seperate bedroom. All stylishly decorated, and with one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, topped off with an amazing view down the river Thames towards Westminster and the London Eye! I am a very light sleeper and slept through both nights without being disturbed which was a bonus!
As london is notoriously expensive we found this was a great room to chill out in with a bottle or two and enjoy our weekend at a more relaxed pace.
Vauxhall station (underground and national rail) is a little over 5 minutes walk away, and an easy point to get around the whole city from.
The only gripes with this hotel we had on our stay were that we returned from a Show on the saturday night, quite thirsty and went to get a drink from the Hotel Bar, we waited nearly ten minutes and were not even greeted or apologised to for our wait. To add insult to injury it turned out both the serving staff (who had spent all this time working on two large orders of cocktails), were both working on orders for the restaurant and neither of them serving any of the customers waiting at the bar, so we left. Once in the room we decided to order room service having had no dinner before our show, perhaps on a friday and sat night the Room service cut off point for the full menu could be a bit later to accomodate people coming back from shows? The food itself was actually quite nice, but the server was quite rude, and the two drinks we ordered with the food (to make up for not getting any at the bar!!) were forgotten, something we didnt realise till going to bed!
The is also a small supermarket right next to this hotel as well open till 11pm for any snacks or drinks to take to your room as well!
All in all, the upsides to this hotel made up for the downsides meaning we had a great weekend, and left relaxed having enjoyed our weekend in London and slept well. We will return here for all our future London Trips, though will think again before using the room service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Millbank and the Houses of Parliament in the heart of the city, Park Plaza London Riverbank offers stunning four-star deluxe accommodation for corporate and leisure travellers. The hotel is within easy reach of both London Waterloo and Vauxhall railway stations as well as Westminster Underground. Following a spectacular renovation, Park Plaza London Riverbank now offers 489 sumptuous guest rooms, including Superior Rooms, Executive Rooms and Suites, some with stunning river views. The modern fitness suite is open 24 hours a day and features a range of cardio and weight equipment. Located on the first floor, Chino Latino(R) Restaurant & Bar, the Lounge and a fresh new Sushi Bar offer tantalising cuisine with beautiful 180-degree panoramic views of the River Thames and the Houses of Parliament. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Park Plaza London Riverbank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Riverbank London Hotel London
- Park Plaza London Riverbank England
- London Park Plaza
- Riverbank Park Plaza London