Overall, I had an extremely pleasant experience at the Riverbank Park Plaza. I got a weekend special of 76 GBP which included breakfast. Althought I was traveling alone, I had a double room (no view) but I did not get the "railroad"view that others complained about. In fact, the view was to the interior of the building. However, in London, who stays in the room? In any event, the room was high-tech -- DVD, plasma TV, internet, room lights do not work unless you insert your room key card in a special slot @ the door. The room was decorated in modern, clean lines with leather and black painted wood furniture. Bathroom has a separate shower, a "huge" tub and all new chrome faucets with granite floors and countertops. While some have complained that it was not close to the sights, I found I could walk across the river to the Houses of Parliament in five minutes. London Eye/County Hall is about a ten minute walk up the Thames and the river is literally right outside the front door of the hotel. If you're doing London on a budget, there's a small grocery store adjacent to the hotel that sells wine, liquor and other grocery items.
Finally, if you want to go sightseeing, the local sightseeing company stops about 1 block from the hotel and will carry you all over London for about 22 GBP. The sightseeing pass is good for 24 hours and allows you to use it on two different days.
I am definitely going to return to the Riverbank. I had a great stay in London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Millbank and the Houses of Parliament in the heart of the city, Park Plaza London Riverbank offers stunning four-star deluxe accommodation for corporate and leisure travellers. The hotel is within easy reach of both London Waterloo and Vauxhall railway stations as well as Westminster Underground. Following a spectacular renovation, Park Plaza London Riverbank now offers 489 sumptuous guest rooms, including Superior Rooms, Executive Rooms and Suites, some with stunning river views. The modern fitness suite is open 24 hours a day and features a range of cardio and weight equipment. Located on the first floor, Chino Latino(R) Restaurant & Bar, the Lounge and a fresh new Sushi Bar offer tantalising cuisine with beautiful 180-degree panoramic views of the River Thames and the Houses of Parliament. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Park Plaza London Riverbank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Riverbank London Hotel London
- Park Plaza London Riverbank England
- London Park Plaza
- Riverbank Park Plaza London