“Lovely hotel shame about the view” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Plaza London Riverbank

Park Plaza London Riverbank
Ranked #391 of 1,087 Hotels in London
essex
“Lovely hotel shame about the view”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2007

Was a really lovely hotel! Room was great the only prob was where we was in a superior not a executive room we had a view of building work and a railway track! Made me and my parnter feel cheated because it had said views of all theselondon attractions did not state you had to stay in the executive room! It gave me the feeling of ' well they are in a lower class room, so lets give them the view of a railway track.' I undertand you get waht you pay for but the superiour room does not come cheap!
I was very dissapointed the hotel is not in walking distace of anything apart from a 15minute walk to the train station that you have to walk unless we stayed in a counted the number of trains that went by!

• Liked — the bed
  • Disliked — the view, the loaction
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank love123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (833)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Stevenage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2007

Stayed here on Saturday night and booked it as a last minute secret hotel bargain and what a treat it was. Room was ready when we checked in at 2pm, which was unusual for a London hotel.

The room was spacious, the bed was really comfy and after a bit of a false start, we got the hang of the flat screen TV and wireless internet stuff!!

Lovely bathroom - deep bath and separate shower stall.

As we had an executive room, we got a tray of goodies delivered including slippers, fruit, biscuits, mineral water and exec toiletries that went straight in my case to come home!

Exec lounge on the 11th floor offered free drinks between 1800 - 2000 and breakfast was served there on the Sunday morning.

OK, so we didn't have the best view in the world but we didn't stay there to look out of the window - we were out and about enjoying London and watching the flat screen when in the room.

The only downside was the slightly whiffy smell of pee in the corridor. It looked as if something had been spilled on the carpet and then cleaned up, but the carpet hadn't dried out properly. Again, not a great big deal.

Would definitely stay again.

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank ukwlb
Nantgaredig, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2007

I have only just returned from staying at the Riverbank Plaza, in the Albert Embankment which was booked through my business contacts. Arriving at 1230hours my room was still not available until after1400hrs. This proved a problem as I had afternoon appointments, and it would have been nice to freshen up prior to these. I finally got my room on the 9th floor, and was very disappointed to find a variety of body hair in my bed. Things got worse as after finally getting to sleep I was awoken at 0530hrs by the trains running outside the window, which did not stop until it was time that I had to get up. Breakfast was very good and checkout was no problem.
My advice to any visitor to this hotel is get a river facing room or stay at the sister hotel - the Victoria Park Plaza in Victoria, which has better travel links. I appreciate that there are many happy reviews, I would be the same if I would have had a different room.

• Liked — location not the best
  • Disliked — Rooms facing the rear beaware of the railway line noise.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank greengrassWales
Dorset, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2007

The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Vauxhall station. We arrived early but were delighted to learn that our room was ready. We booked an executive room using a special winter promotion the hotel was running. Unfortunately although the receptionist did try she could not get us a room with a view though she did say our room was on the quieter side of the hotel. The room really was no bigger than other rooms we've stayed in though we liked the bathroom with its walk in shower. The only view from the room was of other bedroom windows opposite - good job the curtains were of the blackout type!

The executive package enabled us to visit the exec lounge for refreshments during the day and in the evening for canapes and complimentary wine. We didn't like the exec lounge: it looked a bit like a canteen, was odd shaped with had no atmosphere. If they'd built this at the front of the building with its fantastic views, made it larger and had some soft background music playing it would have been great. However the complimentary canapes and wine before going out were a wonderful bonus.

The beds were reasonably comfortable although one gripe was that the window in the room was locked shut though there was air conditioning. Heating though was good and we never felt cold. As promised, the room was quiet.

We were disappointed (though secretly relieved) the next morning that the exec lounge was full for breakfast with a 10 -15 minute wait so we went to the club lounge. Breakfast was the usual standard hotel fare.

We visited the bar after our theatre trip but found it very smoky.

Overall impressions: an imposing hotel with great views if you can get them. In our experience paying extra for an executive room is not worth the money. Although we enjoyed our stay we felt the hotel lacks a bit in atmosphere and warmth.

• Liked — Clean, quiet
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bubblesdevere
Malmo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2007

Staying at this hotel gave us nothing else but a memorable stay. Everything from the checkin til checkout was great. As my father had his 70th birthday we got a upgrade and the rooms were very tasteful.
We recommed this hotel for your stay i London and you will not be dissapointed.

Best regards

Johan

• Liked — Service
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank JohanHenrik
örnskoldsvik
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2007

The hotel was perfekt lokated and a perfekt near the river Thames, with lovely view over too Big Ben and the Parlament.
It`s close too the subway and Oxford Street with all the perfekt shooping.
The restaurant food was very tastefull and beatyfull arrenged. We had our breakfast att the lounchclub on 11 floor, the breakfast taste very good and had lots of different kind selection on the breakfast meny .
The room was great and veiw form the River Thames.
My wife and i had a greatfull tripp too London over a weekend and the staff was very nice and helpfull to us.
We can senserly rekommend this Hotel and we will come bank again.
This is a very pleasant hotel to stay att and the food in the restaurant you shouldend miss becaurse it is so good.

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank kocken
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2007

This is my second stay in the Riverbank Park Plaza - a very clean, thoroughly modern hotel within 10 minutes walk to Vauxhall Station.

On my first stay, I was allocated a room at the rear of the hotel - backing onto Waterloo railway line - so the noise was rather intrusive. This time however I was allocated an Executive room at the front of the hotel with, in my view, probably one of the best views down the Thames towards Westminster & the London Eye.

Rooms extremely well appointed and the separate shower cubicle in the bathroom is a great, if uncommon asset in London hotels. Executive upgrade is well worth the money - as previous guests have written, it includes access to the Executive lounge but also allows you to choose breakfast in the Chino Latino restaurant (far superior to that served in the main restaurant) or in the Executive Lounge.

Although some previous reviews have suggested poor levels of service, my experience has been that levels of customer service are exemplary - polite, friendly and very efficient. A combination of well appointed modern rooms, superb views and excellent customer service means that Riverbank Park Plaza may take some of my custom away from City Inn on the other side of the river - if I can be sure of securing a room at the front of the hotel.

Stayed January 2007