“Scary mini bar!”

Park Plaza London Riverbank
Ranked #388 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I chose this hotel for its location and was very happy with it. We are good walkers so the 8-10 minute walk to Vauxhall tube station wasn't a problem for us. We also walked straight from the hotel along the River Thames to Southwark which includes Tate Modern and the Globe Theatre plus Gabriels Wharf where you can have a great pie at Pie Minister. When I booked, I told them it was for my husband's birthday and we found a birthday card in our room (addressed to me but it's the thought that counts :-) I did ask about a room with a view of the river but was told that it would be £50 extra per night so made do with our view of at the back! The only thing I would say is that the pillows are far too soft (for me, anyway). Also, not only does the mini bar charge you if you take something out, it also charges you if you accidentally touch something! Fortunately, the receptionist believed me when I told her that I hadn't actually removed the three items that had been charged to my account but had evidently knocked against them when putting in some Cheddar to take home! Just want to mention the incredible tasting menu we had in the hotel restaurant - superb!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
PaulJamesSanchez, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I am sure should we have known that the pillows were uncomfortable we would have replaced them for you, we also have two other types of pillows located on the top shelf of the cupboards in all of our rooms.
I was happy to hear that you had enjoyed the tasting menu and will surely pass these comments on.
I look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

As soon as we arrived at the hotel we were immediately made to feel very comfortable. Our room was not quite ready at our check in therefore we were directed to the bar...and received free drinks for the inconvenience!

Our room was excellent, the view brilliant, and the furnishings were all sleek and modern. The room was quiet and we did not hear the other guests.

Before we arrived I had requested a little help from the duty managers, Paul Sanchez and Ebi Patani, as I was planning to propose to my girlfriend. Nothing was too much trouble for either of the duty managers. They were always very professional, whether over the phone or via e-mail, or face to face during our stay. I want to thank these two personally for what they did to make our stay unforgettable!

Breakfast was lovely...plenty of food and more than enough to go around all the guests. No request was too much for the staff. The concierge service were great, always on hand to recommend a good place to eat, or good places to visit. Again, nothing to much trouble!

Overall, our stay was excellent...made even better by a YES from my girlfriend!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
PaulJamesSanchez, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Hi there!

It is great to hear from you once again and thank you so much for the wonderful comments you had left.
It was a real pleasure to assist you and I am gratified that the whole experience was experienced to the maximum!
From the entire staff, Ebi and myself I would like to also congratulate you and your Fiance on your engagement.
Please email me upon your next visit here with us and I will have a couple of celebratory drinks waiting for you in our Chino Latino Bar.
See you soon,

Reviewed April 4, 2014

My room was 83 degrees at night and there is nothing they could do about it. Not what one expects from a 4 star hotel. Because the hotel has a primitive main system that can only be switched to Heat or Cool - on a mildly warm day 68 F they chose not to switch on the cooling system and as a result, I sweated through 3 nights with barely a wink of sleep. Once they knew the nature of my complaint, the manager of the hotel chose to not respond. Again, this is the kind of treatment you expect when paying for a discount, two star hotel. Otherwise the hotel is well appointed - with a well stocked fitness room and a lovely bar and restaurant. When you can't sleep, none of it matters much.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MikeAbroad66
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The staff are all very helpfull. View was not the best but the room was clean and spacious. My breakfast was very nice and I would definitely stay here again. I stayed here with my husband and we are both oaps so things are getting harder to do now. The staff carried my bags and made sure we did not have far to walk.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
PaulJamesSanchez, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for such lovely praise.
It was with great joy to hear of your stay here with us and that you had recieved the Park Plaza Riverbank experience.
I do so hope you return to us soon, so please contact me at the hotel and I will have a lovely bottle of wine waiting for you in your room on arrival.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Park Plaza in London is one of the best Hotels I have stayed in.The first view of it is beautiful and inside matches.There was one small problem about sleeping arrangements but that was sorted in a click. The rooms were lovely and well furnished. There was no noise at all. When we got down for breakfast (accommodated) there was everything you could think of to have to breakfast. Juices and food galore. They had a bar on the ground floor and It's very fancy. On our last day the hotel looked after our luggage while we took one last look at London. I would recommend The Rose pub it is a nice place to eat and not pricey.

-Reagan

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for leaving your feedback.
I was happy to hear that we rectified a small oversight of sleeping arrangements quickly.
Our breakfast room does indeed have all manner of a selection to choose from and we also cater to dietry requirements when informed as not to leave anyone out.
I look forward to your return.
Sincerely and in your service,

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Superb location, at the quieter Vauxhall end of river, a nice walk from Waterloo on such a sunny day x Staff very good, instant upgrade to executive suite, which was very clean and spacious.
Only downside was( and not the fault of the hotel!) we overlooked a demolition site, but beyond that a view of the river/parliament/ Big Ben.
Would recommend this for a very well priced stay. We booked via booking.com.

Stayed: March 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you ever so much for the wonderful feedback you had left.
It is always a joy to get these types of comments as we really do strive to have our guests enjoy their time here with us.
Please drop me an email at the hotel upon your next visit here with us where I will have a complimentary drink waiting for you in our Chino Latino Bar!
Sincerely and in your service,
Paul James Sanchez

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed here on business, was not sure about the location as never staedy that side of the river normally but it has excellent connections to get you anywhere, vauxhall tube 5mins walk,westminster 10 mins.

I stayed in room 123 (25/3-27/3) - looking forward to builing up my points now to get a higher floor and possibly better view over the river (well I hope that is what the Carlson Club brings) - I was that impressed I have now booked up another 10 stays for business alon with my colleague who was equally impressed.
Hotel offers free WiFi - Again this was nice and easy to use unlike many other hotels were you need codes.
Hotel staff are some of friendliest I have have met.
Breakfast was excellent, fantastic choice and service.
I did not eat in the hotel other than breakfast, but I am sure I will on future stays.

Room Tip: even though I was on the back on floor 1 this was still enjoyable. I would prefer a higher room but...