Park Plaza London Riverbank
$281
$238
Trip.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
$244
$166
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$135
$113
Agoda.com
5,858 results
All reviewsvauxhall tube stationchino latinolondon eyealbert embankmentriver viewbig benbuilding workvictoria lineroom serviceexecutive roomminute walksouth bankmini baran upgradebooked this hotelmodern hotelstayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Came to London for business and choose to stay at Park Plaza Riverbank property. Overall the property is nice. My room was nice and clean. The only issue was that the windows which were facing another guest window, had curtains made from a light fabric that you can see through, which I thought the guest on the other side could see inside my room. But besides that, everything in the room was great! The employees were very warm, friendly, and always willing to help. It was my first time in London so I asked the front desk agents and Concierge tons of questions. The buffet breakfast looked great but didn't have an opportunity to try it because I was always on the run. The room service team were excellent! They brought me my meal quickly. I was a little demanding, yet they did everything to please me. The gym on the property was small and quaint yet clean. I would say overall I was pretty satisfied with Park Plaza Riverbank. Although it was not much a concern of mines, I would say the only downfall is the location. I do see that the location may be a concern for others who is looking for a quick bite to eat or who doesn't like to walk. The hotel sits about 700 feet from the Lambeth bridge and about a 5-10 minutes walk from the Westminster bridge. There are not much restaurants or things to do around the hotel. Most of the times, I would walk to the nearest Tube station which is called Vauxhall to go into the city or I would walk across the bridge into the Westminster area for a bite to eat or to get into something. However still it wasn't a problem for me since it was my first time in London and I didn't mind exploring. The restaurant/bar on property looked nice and classy and stayed opened late. I think this property was more ideal for couples, solo, and for business because of the location. But overall this was a great property!

Room Tip: If you can, try to upgrade to a room with a nice view
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
PaulJamesSanchez, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for leaving such a detailed and honest review.
We are in a location that is quiet and away from the noise of the inner City, however only a short walk from all the attractions and public transport.
Should our guests need information on local restaurants and bars we have a dedicated Concierge Team that are on hand to accomodate.
Thank you for also mentioning our warm staff, it is always pleasing to hear such comments.
I look forward to you returning back to us.
Sincerely and in your service,
Paul James Sanchez

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Ideally located for Westminster a short 1 mile walk along the river. Speedy check in, very helpful staff and good size rooms with all mod cons including free wifi (albeit only low speed unless you want to pay £5 per day.

A really good breakfast was included on my rate and there is a nice modern bar. I didn't use the restaurant as it is beyond my expense limits but room service menu is reasonably priced.

Also a decent gym and business facilities.

I will be staying here regularly from now on, as it is hard to beat for the combination of location and quality at a reasonable price!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Dave,

Thank you for posting your review, this is much appreciated.

We shall be looking forward to your future visits!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed my first few days in London in another Hotel that had a five star rating. We left, spent a few days in Paris and returned to London. We decided to try a different hotel and ended Up at the Park Plaza Riverbank. Not only was this a much nicer hotel, but the people were extremely helpful (especially the bellman Simon) I would recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: If you can stay in one of the apartments you won't be sorry.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank OldVehiclesarebest

Dear Guest,

Amazing comments, thank you very much!

We appreciate your recommendation, hopefully we will get the chance to host you again some time soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We choose to stay at this hotel as we were attending a function there and thought it woulde be easier. Admittably we paid the basic price so the room we got was facing the building site. Not too pretty! Also close to a rail line. That said although noise was present it was not so loud that it effected us. The room was a reasonable size and nicely furnished. Bed quite comfortable. I liked the room safe and big enough to get a tablet or small notebook in. The FREE internet is very slow 256kpbs, And to get a faster connection would have incurred a cost. But even the published speeds on that were slow especially when in the heart of the city! BREAKFAST - unfortunately it was busy and best described as chaos. It felt a bit like a cafe... The staff although helpful and polite were struggling to keep up with demand. The food was not topped up and was cold! I was dissapointed for a 4* hotel. I felt that I had better quality breakfast for £8 on a recent visit to a London Premier Inn. That said the second morning because of the breakfast chaos and the fact that someone was seated in the queue before us we were then offered a table for 4 for two of us and we gave this up for a party of 4 we were upgraded to the 5* restaurant upstairs. The same breakfast but hotter, quieter and a much more pleasant way to start the day.
Would I stay at this hotel again? YES but only on a special occassion and I would make sure I upgraded to a river view room and 5* breakfast.
Were the staff friendly and helpful? Yes mostly. The breakfast staff were just overwhlemed by the numbers.
But I would look to other hotels before this one first depending on my needs and where I needed to be. But it was in a great location on the South Bank and easy walking to the centre of the Capital.

Room Tip: Ask to upgrade to a front facing room to avoid the building site and rail line. This will be a must during mid week when no doubt the builders are working in earnest!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recommendation, this is much appreciated.

However, I was disappointed to read your comments with regards to breakfast, which were in contrary to the experience that we strive to offer. I will make sure that this goes directly to our Food & Beverage Manager so he can take action.

Please contact us directly prior to your next visit should you wish to upgrade to one of the Executive Riverview rooms. Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My company booked me in here for a couple of nights when my planned short trip to London turned out to be not quite so short. Room was booked around 30 minutes before I arrived at Reception but check in was very slick and polite. I stayed in my room for room service food and the service again was top notch - as was the food. Breakfast was one of the best organised operations I have seen in a hotel for a long time. Everyone was greeted quickly and politely, seated within around 30 seconds of arrival, with their order for tea or coffee being taken as they were shown to their table, and delivered within minutes. The buffet table was constantly being replenished so there was never an empty dish on any of the wide selections available.
My only downside - and warning - is that my room was at the rear of the hotel, which overlooks the main railway line into Waterloo, so was a bit noisy as the sound proofing was not as good as it could have been. So unless you are an avid train spotter, try for a room at the front. On the positive side again though, I mentioned this point in the guest survey they sent me to complete after my stay and I received a mail from the Guest Services Manager thanking me for my feedback and asking me to contact her personally before my next stay and she will ensure that I am allocated a quieter room - that'll do nicely.
This is a lovely hotel, but by far and away its best feature is its staff. Every member of staff I met from Duty Manager to cleaners, welcomed me with a smile and a polite good morning / good evening. They were all very efficient at what they do, even although the hotel was very busy with a large conference. Would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the rear as they look onto a railway line - and as at Nov 2013, a building site too.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recommendation online!

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay here at Park Plaza Riverbank, I was most impressed with your comments about our staff, I will definitely share them with the team.

We shall look forward to your future visits.