“Really nice place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Plaza London Riverbank

Park Plaza London Riverbank
Ranked #391 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Lufkin, Texas
“Really nice place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed my first few days in London in another Hotel that had a five star rating. We left, spent a few days in Paris and returned to London. We decided to try a different hotel and ended Up at the Park Plaza Riverbank. Not only was this a much nicer hotel, but the people were extremely helpful (especially the bellman Simon) I would recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: If you can stay in one of the apartments you won't be sorry.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank OldVehiclesarebest
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Amazing comments, thank you very much!

We appreciate your recommendation, hopefully we will get the chance to host you again some time soon.

Senior Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (833)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Newquay, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We choose to stay at this hotel as we were attending a function there and thought it woulde be easier. Admittably we paid the basic price so the room we got was facing the building site. Not too pretty! Also close to a rail line. That said although noise was present it was not so loud that it effected us. The room was a reasonable size and nicely furnished. Bed quite comfortable. I liked the room safe and big enough to get a tablet or small notebook in. The FREE internet is very slow 256kpbs, And to get a faster connection would have incurred a cost. But even the published speeds on that were slow especially when in the heart of the city! BREAKFAST - unfortunately it was busy and best described as chaos. It felt a bit like a cafe... The staff although helpful and polite were struggling to keep up with demand. The food was not topped up and was cold! I was dissapointed for a 4* hotel. I felt that I had better quality breakfast for £8 on a recent visit to a London Premier Inn. That said the second morning because of the breakfast chaos and the fact that someone was seated in the queue before us we were then offered a table for 4 for two of us and we gave this up for a party of 4 we were upgraded to the 5* restaurant upstairs. The same breakfast but hotter, quieter and a much more pleasant way to start the day.
Would I stay at this hotel again? YES but only on a special occassion and I would make sure I upgraded to a river view room and 5* breakfast.
Were the staff friendly and helpful? Yes mostly. The breakfast staff were just overwhlemed by the numbers.
But I would look to other hotels before this one first depending on my needs and where I needed to be. But it was in a great location on the South Bank and easy walking to the centre of the Capital.

Room Tip: Ask to upgrade to a front facing room to avoid the building site and rail line. This will be a must...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recommendation, this is much appreciated.

However, I was disappointed to read your comments with regards to breakfast, which were in contrary to the experience that we strive to offer. I will make sure that this goes directly to our Food & Beverage Manager so he can take action.

Please contact us directly prior to your next visit should you wish to upgrade to one of the Executive Riverview rooms. Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

My company booked me in here for a couple of nights when my planned short trip to London turned out to be not quite so short. Room was booked around 30 minutes before I arrived at Reception but check in was very slick and polite. I stayed in my room for room service food and the service again was top notch - as was the food. Breakfast was one of the best organised operations I have seen in a hotel for a long time. Everyone was greeted quickly and politely, seated within around 30 seconds of arrival, with their order for tea or coffee being taken as they were shown to their table, and delivered within minutes. The buffet table was constantly being replenished so there was never an empty dish on any of the wide selections available.
My only downside - and warning - is that my room was at the rear of the hotel, which overlooks the main railway line into Waterloo, so was a bit noisy as the sound proofing was not as good as it could have been. So unless you are an avid train spotter, try for a room at the front. On the positive side again though, I mentioned this point in the guest survey they sent me to complete after my stay and I received a mail from the Guest Services Manager thanking me for my feedback and asking me to contact her personally before my next stay and she will ensure that I am allocated a quieter room - that'll do nicely.
This is a lovely hotel, but by far and away its best feature is its staff. Every member of staff I met from Duty Manager to cleaners, welcomed me with a smile and a polite good morning / good evening. They were all very efficient at what they do, even although the hotel was very busy with a large conference. Would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the rear as they look onto a railway line - and as at Nov 2013, a building site too.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recommendation online!

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay here at Park Plaza Riverbank, I was most impressed with your comments about our staff, I will definitely share them with the team.

We shall look forward to your future visits.

morpeth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

my husband and I have just had a weekend at Park Plaza Riverbank for his 40th birthday, a short walk from Westminster Bridge ideally located and only a few minutes walk from Vauxhall tube station. Hotel was superb.
From the moment we arrived we were looked after. The standard of room was excellent too, immaculately clean. We had a stunning view up the river to Houses of Parliament.
the breakfasts were very good, turnover of food was fast so wasn't sitting, it was hot and there was an excellent selection too. I don't have anything negative to say.

Room Tip: we were upgraded to 11th floor, view stunning !!!!!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PaulJamesSanchez, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for such wonderful praise, it is comments like yours that really make a difference to how we operate in the hotel, these comments are what we thrive on to motivate our delivery of the Park Plaza experience to our guests and ensure a good stay is had..and more.
Our location is good and as you said we have rooms with great views of Parliment and Big Ben.
I hope to welcome you back to Park Plaza Riverbank.
Sincerely and in your service,
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was attending an event that was attended by some 380 personnel, most of which stayed at the hotel with a discounted rater. The rooms and service were highly professional with the staff being very helpful and knowledgable throughout my stay.
Reception (Silvia) was particular helpful on departure and was able to process swiftly. The restuarant is top class and an exemplar of 'fusion' food. The concerige were also very helpful when trying to locate left luggage and for general directions outside of the hotel.
I would recommend the hotel to friends and family when visiting London in the future

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,
What a lovely review you had left and thank you.
As all of our staff, Silvia among them, we always aim to give our guests the best stay possible as that is why we are here. All of our staff are on hand to facilitate and accomodate our residents needs.
Chino Latino's is one of our favourites too, serving Pan-Asian cuisine in beautiful surroundings.
I do hope you return to us soon.
Sincerely and in your service,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Being a Club Carlson Member I booked to stay from 7-11th November Premium Plus Execitive Room. Due to mistakes during my stay 2 weeks earler, I specifically requested a room on the 11th floor next to the Executive lounge as I use a wheelchair.
Arrived at 4pm. Room on Floor 6. Gets changed to 11 Floor.
Room not prepared. Called manager.
No bath robe
No Slippers
No toiletries
No Fruit
No Water
No Chocolates
Safe Broken
Went past 18 rooms to go into Executive Lounge while room cleaned...
Key Card Failed
Waiter Called Front Desk who told him I had
No Execitive Lounge Privalages.
Persuaded "Eddy" ( charming man ), to please call the Duty Manager. Allowed Acess !!
1 hour later returned to room.
Cleaned but still
No Bathrobes
No Fruit
No Water
No Chocolates
No Toiletries.
Went back down to speak directly with Duty Manager. No apology, negative attitude, just concerned about the big Conference Weekend.
To add insult he sent a screwtop bottle of white wine to room.

Now at 8pm trying to find another hotel.

THEN A +++++
A MAN WHO UNDERSTOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

MR. MONO-WAR

This gentleman brought my dinner & over heard me talking to the Duty Manager about the broken safety latch on the window - I had nearly fallen 11 floors to my death.

Mr Mono-War took it upon himself to arrange for house keeping to supply the missing bathroom items in 5 min's.

Mr Mono-War brought to the room a plate of fruit, Mineral Water in Ice filled bucket &
the chocolates.

He also took my breakfast menu details personally for me.

Because of this member of staff I remained at the Hotel.

Next morning left the hotel at 8;30am for Hospital. Advised front desk that I would be returning at 12 noon so could they please ensure that the Breakfast Trolley was removed & The room cleaned as I would need to lay down upon my return.

12:30 Returned to Hotel in extreem pain. Clean Room Sign still on room 1112.
ROOM NOT CLEANED
CALLED DUTY MANAGER. WAITED 19 MINS FOR CALL TO BE ANSWERED AS CONFERENCE GUESTS ARRIVED.

WENT TO EXECUTIVE LOUNGE. AGAIN IT FAILED TO WORK !!

Again it was a member of house keeping that came to my aid who let me in.
1 hour later Room 1112
Perfectly prepared room. A++
AS EXPECTED AT A PARK PLAZA.

Fell gratefully asleep. Awoke hungry & ordered a meal.

HOW WONDERFUL

MR MONO-WAR Arrived with my meal. His customer service skills need to be recognised & rewarded.

He even offered to fetch anytthing I required from The Executive Lounge for me at anytime during the weekend when he was on duty, as " Room 1112 was the furthest.away from it ".

It is the effort of the behind the scene staff that makes up for the appalling attitude of.The Duty Manager & Front Desk staff communication skills.

I had spoken with Club Carlson's UK office to Antonio, prior to booking because of the failings of the hotel 2 weeks earllier to ensure the same mistakes did not occur !

Yet they did !!!
MR MONO-WAR of room service , along with the house keeping staff is the only
Reason I did not leave !!

Management Fails

Club Carlson Is Aware of the failings as I rang Antonio to inform him of the "Fawlty Towers" experience.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PaulJamesSanchez, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Ms Hipsey,
I was sorry to hear of these comments you had posted.
As you are still residing with us we will be in contact shortly to act upon the issues you had raised and will deal with them accordingly.
At Park Plaza Riverbank we take all guest issues seriously and professionally and as such will be investigating your comments thoroughly.
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night with my girlfriend. Greeted at the door by staff, checked in swiftly and given a free upgrade - excellent. The bar was very good with excellent food. Waitress spent time with us to help us choose cocktails. Can't fault this hotel. Ebi Patani was extremely helpful answering my queries via email from guest services.Tube stops quite far so need taxis. Big thumbs up!

Room Tip: Try to get a side or front room with view of river.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, this is much appreciated.

I was delighted to read that you and your girlfriend had the chance to experience the true Park Plaza hospitality at Riverbank.

With regards to location, we are within 5-10min walk from the nearest tube station, otherwise our Doorman/Concierge can arrange alternative transportation at any time of day and night.

We shall look forward to your future visits.