Park Plaza London Riverbank
$288
$277
Orbitz.com
5,909 results
All reviewsvauxhall tube stationchino latinolondon eyealbert embankmentriver viewbig benbuilding workvictoria lineroom serviceexecutive roomminute walksouth bankmini baran upgradebooked this hotelmodern hotelstayed for one night
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last week and I was there on business. I was working in London as I often do, and stayed Monday to Thursday. The reception area was spacious and the staff friendly and efficient. When I got to my room, it was clean and quite stylish. The lighting was particularly nice. The room was quite large and the bathroom was too. I had dinner in the restaurant downstairs as I had arrived very late that night. I had a curry with crisp vegetables. It was very tasty but quite rich for my taste. I then went to my room to relax and get some some sleep and realised there was a noise. I have stayed in London before, so knew that sometimes the hotels have some residual noise from outside. However, on further investigation, it became clear that the noise was the lifts going up and down, as they did all night! This did affect my sleep, so make sure you request a room away from the lifts! There was free wifi in the room which was great. The door staff were particularly pleasant with a "good evening, good night or good morning". I would stay at this hotel again, it is only a mile / 10 minute walk from Southbank, Westminster, Big Ben and the London Eye. The nearest tube station is Vauxhall - 0.5miles away. It was conveniently located, I just wish I had had a river view!!!! That would have been stunning. There is a little shop to the left of the hotel for those last minute purchases and the outdoor area at the front of the hotel is very comfortable - great for smokers!!!

1  Thank Sheona M
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear Sheona,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.

I was thrilled to read how much you liked the hotel, I hope we will get the chance to see you again very soon.

Again, brilliant feedback - much appreciated!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed for 1 night midweek because the conference I was attending was being held at the hotel the following day. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Vauxhall underground station on the Victoria line. Having arrived in London at Euston this made my travel to the hotel relatively easy even at rush hour.

The hotel is located overlooking the River Thames with views and easy access to the Houses of Parliament and a London Eye. So access to London's main attractions are within easy reach.

The check in process went smoothly and quickly with friendly staff who took time to explain where everything was and where breakfast would be served the following morning. Plenty of lifts so no wait to get to the 8th floor where my room was located.

The view from my room looked straight across to another room so not a great view which meant the curtains stayed closed! The room was functional, had a safe, iron and iron board (always great when travelling on business), wireless internet access, a shower and a bath and the bed was comfortable. Plenty of sockets to keep personal & work phones and iPads charged!

So for a 1 night stay the hotel was fine.

Breakfast was a bit disappointing - reasonable if not extensive selection but several cooked items were cold. However, there was plenty of seats and the staff were friendly and attentive and my coffee arrived surprisingly quick.

I had a buffet lunch as part of the conference and the food was fine.

The concierge service worked fine. The member of staff who looked after left suitcases and coats on the day of the conference (10/10/13) provided an excellent service with a smile!

So overall no complaints from me other than a few cold cooked items at breakfast. Would I return on a leisure trip - yes.

1  Thank AggyGuy

Dear AggyGuy,

What a great review, thank you!

I will make sure that we act on your comments to make your future visits at Park Plaza Riverbank even more enjoyable - be it on business or leisure.

Again, thank you for such a detailed account of your stay.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The review title says it all - we now always stay here when in London. This was our fifth time. Superb location and quality throughout. Perfect location and the Executive Lounge is superb with wonderful views of Westminster Bridge and The Houses of Parliament. Nearest tube is Waterloo but Westminster also close.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank John S

Dear John,

Fantastic review from a regular guest, thank you!

I have now shared your feedback with the rest of the team here at Park Plaza Riverbank, it is an honour to be your home in London.

We shall look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel was a conundrum. The lobby and rooms were very nice. The bell service was exceptional but I don't believe I've ever encountered a less helpful concierge. How can you not know how the London buses work and there was no interest at all in helping us line up an airporter to get us to Heathrow when we left so we just wound up booking that ourselves.
They only provide decaf coffee in the rooms which was bizarre, and they missed restocking kleenex and a stain on the wall when we arrived was ignored throughout our stay which makes you wonder about the overall cleanliness of the room. First time in years I've not tipped the maid service.
If you're there in the fall of 2013 there is major construction going on next door so sleeping in is out of the question.
All in all not bad, but it should have been able to deliver so much more.
If you go, pay the premium for the river view - it will end up being the most memorable part of the trip.

Room Tip: Choose and willlingly pay the premium for the river view. It's exceptional.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments.

I was delighted to learn that overall you had an enjoyable stay here at Park Plaza Riverbank.

We will do our best to exceed your expectations in future.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've stayed here over 20 nights this year. The rooms are lovely and perfect for a business stay. The location is great for buses or a nice stroll to work. I generally have breakfast in Chino Latino, which does amazing scrambled eggs.

Dear Guest,

What an amazing feedback from a regular guest, thank you!

It is with great pride and pleasure that I read your feedback, I hope we will get the chance to be your hosts many more times in future.

Maciej Hille,