“Pleasant overnight stay”

Park Plaza London Riverbank
Ranked #395 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Nice hotel in a handy position for most of Londons sights. I paid extra for a river view room and it was certainly worth the extra money. We were on the 8th floor and had great view of Big Ben and Houses of Parliament. The room was large with a separate bedroom and living area both with flat screen TV and the bathroom was a good size. There is a lot of building work next door which must spoil the view for a lot of the rooms. I stayed on a Saturday and they did not start work at 8am as stated by another reveiwer. We did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the food but bar area was nice and welcoming and the whole place was spotless.

Room Tip: Book high floor with river view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
PaulJamesSanchez, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you ever so much for your review in regards to your stay.
I am overjoyed that you had a great stay.
Our vews of Parliment and Big Ben are great especially when night falls and all is lit up!
Our Chino Latino Bar is wonderful and is definitely worth a visit.
Sincerely and in your service,

Reviewed October 2, 2013

When checking out I was asked if everything was ok with my stay. They asked, so I told them, that the shower did not work properly. Their response was risible I was treated as if I was making it up. The receptionist called the manager and said" there is a problem in reception". I was told that they hadn't had a problem with that shower before! It got worse.... They wanted me to wait so an engineer could check if I was correct! The staff are in dire need of customer service training. I will never stay here again and would advise anyone reading this to think twice before booking. If you don't want feedback then don't ask and if you do then treat your guest with respect. Appalling!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SomersetPanda

Dear Reviewer,
I am truly saddened to read your review pertaining to your recent stay.
I have sent you an email so we may rectify and clarify what took place.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The staff I came into contact with were very welcoming, helpful, friendly and efficient. I happened to mention at reception that it was our wedding anniversary and a little later a greetings card was delivered to our room - a nice touch! Our son has stayed at this hotel and recommended it to us. We accepted an upgrade at a very reasonable cost. We will be happy to stay at this hotel again..

Room Tip: Get an upgrading to Executive if available.

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you ever so much for your lovely comment regarding your last stay.
It is always good to hear that we can make a guest's stay great! Our staff do their best to accomodate our guests and I am glad that you encountered this.
Sincerely and in your service,

Reviewed October 1, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Three month's ago I booked and paid for a city view room only to find on arrival we had a room overlooking a main railway line and a very large building site, the site started work at 8 am every morning even Sunday, although the staff were very friendly and the room was clean we were disappointed, just be aware that a lot of building work is going on.

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your posting your comments regarding your stay here at Park Plaza Riverbank, there is indeed some building work near the hotel which we are always monitoring to reduce the impact to our guests. I am sorry that your city view room was not to your liking. Please feel free on your next booking to contact me personally so I may oversee your booking and make your next stay more to your liking.
Paul James Sanchez.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Disappointed with this London Hotel! Position ok by Thames, pretty sterile and uninspiring overnight stay.Much of time spent waiting for lifts to 7th floor and room(716) small and pretty dated with a view of well other small and pretty dated rooms.Food average, service ok.Returning to the capital next year, but not to this hotel!

Room Tip: 502....view of The Shard
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Ebi P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am saddened that you were not able to experience the true Park Plaza Riverbank service on this visit.

I do hope that your next visit to London you will return to our Hotel and experience what we believe to be the best service in hospitality form the moment you walk in the door.

Once again thank you for your review.

Kind regards,

Ebi Patani

Reviewed September 30, 2013

A couple of nights overnight stay in London on business. Colleagues had booked this hotel so I thought I would give it a go.

Location:

Located on Albert Embankment, near Lambeth Bridge, ideal really as it’s a short walk or tube ride from most places. Much quieter location than the one at Westminster, here you are away from a majority of the tourists.

Rooms:

Via the work portal I had booked a double room. On arrival, I was allocated room 326 which had twin beds, and looked over the atrium which was very dark.

I asked at reception to be moved to a double room, and was switched to room 321 (anyone remember dusty bin?). To my surprise this was a junior suite, but the only drawback was the main train line to waterloo ran behind the hotel. So from about 6am to midnight it was clatter clatter clatter.

The room however was great, although the décor poor in places. In the living room area, there was a large desk, sofa (which became a bed if required) and TV. The bedroom had a large comfy bed, another TV unit and built in wardrobes with safe, iron etc.

The bathroom was massive, a separate shower area and bath (did not use bath). There were complementary toiletries which were replenished daily.

Only observation was that a bottle of water was in the room upon arrival but this did not get replenished during the stay.

Restaurant:

Used only for breakfast, but this was not in the main restaurant area, but a separate room on the lower ground floor.

But the quality and variety of food was OK, and they managed to do some poached eggs for me.

Bars:

Good table service and the usual selection of nuts etc with each drink purchased.

General Areas:

All aspects of the hotel were very well maintained.

Staff:

Very friendly and always happy to please.

Non hotel observations:

Good location for exploring, about 30 mins walk to Victoria and in the other direction the London eye.

But don’t hire a boris bike!

Room Tip: Avoid a room at the rear of the hotel, as this is near the train track, also avoid overlooking the c...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank xlii_iilx

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

We appreciate your understand of the train track being out of the Hotel and not allowing that to minimise your enjoyment at Park Plaza Riverbank.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel very soon.