We reserved a "River view" room and received one with an amazing view of the River Thames and the Houses of Parliament. I wonder if you can get a room anywhere in the world with this kind of view? To our surprise only half of the River view rooms opened towards the Houses of Parliament and we were just lucky to get one. We found the location very conveniant even though the walk to the main attractions were a bit long and the walk to the Subway station was 10 minutes. Buses were stopping right in front of the hotel.
The room was OK, nothing exceptional but nothing that we could have complained about either. The first day the room was not cleaned and the rest of the days we always put a "clean this room" sign on the door and then the room was cleaned as you would expect.
One thing worth mentioning were the beds. I rarely sleep in a bed with this comfort. It was the hard type of design but very comfortable.
We did not use the restaurant services at all but found a very nice Coffee shop some 200 meters away where we had breakfast each morning. There were not many restaurants close to the hotel but it did not bother us as we had lunch and dinner during our trips to the London attractions.
In summary - a hotel that fulfilled its tasks but nothing really exceptional except for the view from the room. That deserves full points - difficult to get a better view!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Millbank and the Houses of Parliament in the heart of the city, Park Plaza London Riverbank offers stunning four-star deluxe accommodation for corporate and leisure travellers. The hotel is within easy reach of both London Waterloo and Vauxhall railway stations as well as Westminster Underground. Following a spectacular renovation, Park Plaza London Riverbank now offers 489 sumptuous guest rooms, including Superior Rooms, Executive Rooms and Suites, some with stunning river views. The modern fitness suite is open 24 hours a day and features a range of cardio and weight equipment. Located on the first floor, Chino Latino(R) Restaurant & Bar, the Lounge and a fresh new Sushi Bar offer tantalising cuisine with beautiful 180-degree panoramic views of the River Thames and the Houses of Parliament. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Park Plaza London Riverbank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Riverbank London Hotel London
- Park Plaza London Riverbank England
- London Park Plaza
- Riverbank Park Plaza London