“A sure thing”

Ranked #387 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Titchfield, United Kingdom
“A sure thing”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Park plaza hotels always manage to offer a good experience for the cost. Well done
This is not the best property in the chain but not the worst either. I would recommend trying the Westminster Bridge Park Plaza before settling for this one

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Adam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read how much you enjoy staying at our hotels, and I should hope to see you at one of our properties again some time soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (873)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stay at this hotel 3 nights a week every week as I live in Wales but work in London. At first impressions this hotel is plush & impressive, with the foyer, the welcome hello & the funky oriental restaurant. However as I have experienced different rooms and exhausted most of the room service menu, it isn't what I would've said for Park Plaza service. The staff are friendly however, apart from one quite rude member of staff when I first stayed, and the rooms are tidy. Often I get put in a back room with a view of either the back wing of the hotel or the run down building next door with some noise coming from trains. I'm yet to get a room with a front view of the river...The bathroom's are fine although some chips & leaking showers along the way. Some pillows I have found are like a sack of sand, others have been soft. The breakfast in the basement is pretty standard...the same standard I would say from Holiday Inn or even Premier Inn...so I did expect the decor to be a little more luxurious. The location is perfect with a short walk to your right you have the London Eye & Big Ben, a short walk to the left you have Vauxhall Tube Station. Overall I think I'm pretty glad I'm not paying this out of my own pocket, but I would recommend for a short stay because it is tidy, clean & conveniently located. It doesnt rock my boat though...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Elisha,

Thank you for taking the time to publish your recommendation.

Please note that we highly value all feedback from our guests, including those who stay with us on a regular basis, like yourself. Therefore I would appreciate if you could drop me a quick email on mhille@pphe.com, so that I can make sure your visits are most enjoyable.

Again, thank you for your comments, and for your repeated business.

Riga, Latvia
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Gorgeous hotel for short break in London! We stayed in Park Plaza Riverbank London for 2 nights and it was astonishing for the price we paid – only EUR240 B&B for 2 night (nice offer!). Lobby is charming and accomplished with very friendly staff. Rooms are huge especially bathroom, where you have both shower and bath. We asked for room in a quite area because of being noise sensitive while sleeping and got a room on the 10th floor with the view on the opposite building, we could hear some noise coming from railway but it didn’t bother us at all. I can’t complain about the view, because we didn’t order a room with river view, which was a bit more expensive, and you get for what you pay! Bed and pillows were really comfortable. Breakfast was really worthy, on Sunday it was served in a big ballroom, food was fresh and tasty. There were no gourmet meals but everything that should be served on breakfast: eggs, cereal with selection of nuts, porridge, baking, nice selection of cheese and sausages, fresh fruits. Location is perfect for starting your London trip, just 20 min walking distance to London eye and Big Ben. Would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Julija,

Thank you for your recommendation!

It was with great pleasure that I read how comfortable your stay was.

I hope you will choose Park Plaza Riverbank, or another of our London properties, upon your next visit.

oxon
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Actually the only criticism was the view of the derelict building opposite and numerous railway lines below! The location, room, service and food were all very good and the ideal location should I have needed a base from where I could visit London as a tourist.The view from the restaurant was very nice.

It was business stay and overall pretty good!

Room Tip: Overlook the river if possible.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review online.

I was delighted to read about your good experience with us on this occasion.

I would recommend that you upgrade to one of our Executive Riverview rooms next time, so that you can enjoy some of the best views in London.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just returned from a weekend away at this hotel.
Really good London hotel with excellent staff, especially the Concierge staff who were very helpful.
Room was clean and comfortable with excellent bathroom
Good location for Westminster and only a short walk from London Eye.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I should hope that you choose Park Plaza Riverbank on your next trip to London!

Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at the Plaza for one night during a brief stop over in London. The hotel is well located on the southbank, and is easily accessible.

Our room was spacious with a modern décor. The bathroom was particularly nice and had a very relaxing shower.We ordered room service (two burgers) which were delicious, and the merlot was also of high quality. Service was also prompt and excellent.

One slight dampener was the constant sound of what appeared to be railway or the lift. This was a little off putting and I would ask to stay in another room if we came to the hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift - may be noisy
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Luke,

Thank you for posting your recommendation online.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your short visit here, hopefully next time you will get the chance to stay with us for longer!