“Great hotel but for business not romance” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Riverbank London

Park Plaza Riverbank London
Ranked #367 of 1,070 Hotels in London
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great hotel but for business not romance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed here last weekend with my husband for our annual weekend without the kids (fantastic) It is a lovely hotel however more suitable for business than romance. The initial room we were offered was far too small and so we upgraded and although the room was excellent and the cleanliness is impreccable, we were not given a river view for our extra £20 per night, but a full view of the Vauxhall railway line which is not very nice a little noisey. We ordered room service on a couple of occassions and this was very good value for money and the service was excellent. Breakfast was ok, your typical hotel buffet breakfast though the scrambled eggs were stone cold along with the baked beans although there was a large selection to choose from including all the pasteries on offer. We had a lovely weekend in a good, clean hotel with excellen service, however feel that the rooms are overpriced when compared to previous hotels we have stayed in whilst in London.

Room Tip: unless you are a trainspotter, or enjoy listening to trains go past your room during the night, as f...
    • 5 of 5 stars
MarioGarcia-Vao, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear guest,

We appreciate your feedback following your stay with us.

It is with pleasure that I read you enjoyed your stay overall however I was terribly sorry to learn that we could not meet your expectations in some areas. We generally pride ourselves for not only delivering pleasant service during weekdays for our corporate clientele, but also for enhancing the special occasions of our visitors during the weekends.

I trust you will give us a future opportunity to meet and hopefully exceed your expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally on the address listed below should you decide to do so and we will ensure you do have a delightful stay.

mgarciavao@pphe.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (751)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé has taken me here twice now in one year, we had an amazing view in an amazing clean modern room, bathroom top notch, shower cubical and separate double ended bath black granite design (sexy) 1 whole wall in the bedroom is a window with spectacular views showing sites like Big Ben London eye Houses of Parliament river Thames. So beautifully lit at night we left the curtains open to sleep! Staff will see to your every need eg. I had an allergic reaction the first time we stayed to the feather pillows so this time they happily within minutes of asking brought me anti allergy pillows. Bed is very comfy shower is very powerful. We had 2 very romantic nights here. The bar in the lobby is lovely. Pricey though... £25 for a cocktail and southern comfort and coke. We chose to go out of the hotel for meals as its the big city and we are from a small village in kent so we took full advantage of getting a classical black cab over the bridge to see some restaurants and sites. Couldn't fault it. AMAZING !!! :D

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Zoe0211
Dear guest,

We are delighted to read about your great experience with us here at Park Plaza Riverbank London and we very much appreciate your time to share it with others online.

It is also a pleasure to learn that we met every need and we look forward to your next visit, hopefully very soon!

Yours Sincerely,

Blackwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We booked the Park Plaza riverbank for the weekend following our silver wedding anniversary, in an executive river-view room. I let staff know it was a special occassion when I booked and asked for a really nice view. On checking in the staff were really pleasant, and everything went smoothly. We arrived in our room on the seventh floor to be greeted of the most fantastic view of the houses of parliament across the river and the london eye just opposite it, a really lovely view as requested. Not only this but there was a bunch of balloons on the bed and a bottle of wine along with cards congratulating us on our anniversary. The hotel went out of the way to make us feel special. The room itself was lovely, very spacious and well appointed. The bathroom had both a bath and a seperate shower, with a range of toiletries and robes and slippers. There were just 2 minor problems with the room. 1) the TV had a small problem and the sound kept going - but we didn't spend much time watching TV and 2) there was no extractor in the bathroom - or if it was then it was broken (room 745 if the hotel management read this review)
On our first night we ordered room service, and thoroughly enjoyed a lovely meal, cooked well. Our stay included breakfast, and there was plenty to choose from. We made sure we stocked up for the day ahead! The only downsides were that things like the beans were slightly cold, but I always find that to be the case at buffet breakfasts. Apart from the cooked breakfast buffet, there was a selection of cold meats and fruit, yoghurt, fruit juices, cereals, porridge, toast and pastries on offer. It was quite hectic on Sunday morning. with long queues and the staff looking very harassed, however as most people seemed to be in big groups, being only 2 of us we had a table really quickly.
All in all, we had a wonderful stay in a luxurious hotel with a fantastic view, and it didnt cost the earth. I would definately stay here again and would recommend it to family and friends.

Room Tip: If you can afford it pay the extra for a river view room, the rooms at the back look out onto a majo...
3 Thank MandCannan
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and the detailed feedback contained in it. We indeed revise every comment from our guests and use it as a valuable tool to constantly improve our services and product throughout.

In regards to your experience I was particularly glad to read that we managed to help making the most of an occasion and we very much appreciate your recommendations.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon, latest next year for the next anniversary!

Anglesey, Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here last week.

Room was much bigger thn similarly priced rooms in the area, and had a very high qulaity finish. Bed was comfy, and the room was bright. Didjn't have a river view room, so had the exceptional view of the main railway line into Vauxhall station.. It was a bit noisy if you wanted the window open, but not terrible.

Bathroom was a very high quality, with both a wetroom (with powerful shower) and a bath. All the little extras were good too.

Didn't eat in the hotel, so can't comment on that.

Overall, very good, and great for business meeting just across the river. Will be staying again..
cheers

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments and the time to post them online.

We gladly read you enjoyed your time with us and you found the room and facilities up to your needs and in line with the high standards we strive for.

Also, we are happy to see you will be thinking of us in the future and we look forward to welcome you back.

Kindest regards,

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Just back from a short break in London staying in the Park Plaza Riverbank! Would highly recommend this hotel it is in walking distance of the London Eye, Westminister, Big Ben. The staff were excellent got an early checkin and a courtesy late check out! Even got a room with a partial view of the Thames. Hotel room was spotless and clean and very comfortable couldn't fault anything..... If you fancy a trip to London check out this hotel I wouldn't stay anywhere else now that I'm found this one!!

Dear guest,

We thank you for your positive feedback after your recent stay with us.

It is fantastic to learn that you very much enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your recommendations.

We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Bruxelles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel is very nice,very clean.Beautifull room and bathroom. High quality bed and linen.Perfect service.
We had a bigger room with a beautifull river view (which i would recommend)
Everything would be perfect except:
-the hotel has a bad "sound proofing":you can hear people loudly walking and talking above your room.(not what they say but voices)
-most of the tv channels are english( not many international)
-the walk to the underground is a bit seedy (especially on sunday morning)
-Breakfast room is a bit dull.

So if you don't care about TV (or if you're english),if you don't stay in your room except to sleep,if you only take cabs,and if you have a quick breakfast in the morning,this hotel will be absolutely perfect for you.

• 4 of 5 stars
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Pierre,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed one of our Executive Riverview rooms. Please note that we are now in process of upgrading our TV system, hence I hope you will enjoy a wider variety of channels upon your next visit!

Your feedback is much appreciated, I hope to see you again some time soon.

Yours sincerely,

Maciej Hille
Guest Relations Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Having stayed in both Park Plaza hotels nearby (the wonderful County Hall and awesome Westminster Bridge), I was greatly looking forward to staying here. Sadly this hotel is not in the same league.

The service in the Chino Latino Bar was appalling. I waited 10 minutes before being served. Having ordered drink and food, the food arrived first 15 minutes later, before the drink, which despite two requests didn’t come until a further 10 minutes later. I don’t know many bars where it takes 35 minutes to get a drink! I nearly served myself. I was not alone in receiving poor service. Others were less patient and simply left.

Temperature throughout the hotel was like a sauna, particularly the rooms where it proved impossible to lower the temperature, making it difficult to sleep.

Cleanliness There was a lot of limescale on the shower heads and there was dirt on the extractor in the bathroom.

Minibar Despite the fact I left a credit card authorization at reception, my minibar was locked and I had to phone to get it unlocked.

Check-out When checking in, I ticked a box requesting that my bill be emailed to me for quick check out. This didn’t happen and I had to queue in order to check out.

I requested a feedback form when I checked out but was told that there weren’t any and that everything was done online. I expected to receive an email, nothing has arrived.

I subsequently sent a letter detailing my experience and have not received a reply.

I'm surprised to see so many positive reviews, as having discussed my stay with professional colleagues, I couldn't find anyone who had a good word to say about it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank PAP71
MarioGarcia-Vao, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciated the time you have taken to raise your concerns and bring them to our attention via Tripadvisor.

Please note that after checking with the team I am unable to locate your letter therefore I would kindly ask you to forward it to me on the email address listed below so that I may personally look into it.

This notwithstanding and regardless of your response I have passed your comments on to the heads of departments involved for review and action. The catalogue of shortfalls described are definitely out of our usual standards and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

mgarciavao@pphe.com