“The view!!!”

Park Plaza London Riverbank
Ranked #387 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night the first weekend this year, the location is brilliant, close to the vauxhall tube station on the Victoria line, walking distance to Big Ben, London eye etc. The room was lovely, comfy bed, nice bathroom. The frigid was locked because we didn't leave a credit card at reception, which was annoying because we brought a bottle of champagne with us and couldn't drink it because it was warm. I would say 100% pay for the river view room because the view it's actually breath taking! Nice restaurants near by, a really good stay!

• Stayed: January 2013
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review.

Indeed, our Executive Riverview rooms and suites offer an amazing view over Thames and London.

I hope you will choose to stay with us when travels take you to London next time!

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza London Riverbank

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here when our usual nearby hotel, the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge, was fully booked around the time of a friends wedding.

As with most PP's, the rooms were a good size, well maintained and excellent service. The hotel bar was a little different to the usual ones, but was still a pleasant place to waste an hour while waiting for some friends to arrive.

The location isn't as convenient as the more central hotels further up the road, but if the weather is nice then it presents an excellent opportunity for a nice walk along the south bank of the Thames

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoeChapman

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

It is with pleasure that I read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and I should hope to see you again some time soon - be it at Park Plaza Riverbank, or one of our sister properties.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel whilst on a hen weekend with friends. We were a bit shocked that they let us stay being a hen doo but we were very considerate, and in return, the hotel staff were very friendly and looked after us well.
The bride to be stayed in one of the larger rooms which overlooked London - it was a stunning view! A few of us stayed in the standard twin rooms which were also very nice inside. They were extremely clean, bathroom was spacious and had a lovely shower AND bath :)

The restaurant and bar were also great, breakfast was lovely and lots of variety of drinks to be bought. There is a lovely space out the front where you can sit and relax and have a few drinks. Open all night. Great location. Cant fault it really.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

I shall look forward to welcoming you at Park Plaza Riverbank again in the near future!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Hotel reception and lobby stunning especially with all the Christmas lights. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Rooms spa opus and very clean. We were even offered breakfast in bed ad a glass of complimentary bubbly as the hotel was fully booked and they didn't want us to be queuing for breakfast. Hotel bar very nice. We also dined in the restaurant. It was expensive but the food was delicious. You are right on the Thames. Almost opposite Houses of Parliament as Big Ben and the London eye is a 10 minute walk down the Thames. Would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your good review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here so much - and that you liked our Christmas decorations this year!

I hope you will get the chance to visit us again soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

4th time to stay at the Park Plaza Riverbank. Other stays have been pretty good. This stay wasnt so good. Stayed only one night (29th December 12). Had booked an advance pay B&B rate that was in itself pretty expensive for what we got.

Positives: Location is good for access to Vauxhall Tube and area is safe. Easy access to CC and walk to Westminster.
Clean - very clean!
Friendly staff.
Club Carlson.
Chino Latino restaurant is wonderful.
Breakfast was good.

Negatives for this stay:
WIFI was bad - very bad. Rarely could log on and when I could was incredibly slow. Previous stays there was no issue with WIFI and told this time that the system was working fine...it wasnt.
I think however they have switched provider so that could explain the bad service.

Room was tiny! Booked an executive room.... Jez if it was an executive then I havent a clue what room type I stayed in here before. This room was tiny. Looked out on another very close building (office building). Dont like been told I got an upgrade if I in fact hadnt. Room was on "exuctive level" but didnt not have lounge access.

Aircon simply did not work. In the small room it was unbearable. Woke in the middle of the night in a ball of sweat and my throat like sandpaper. Thermostat was set to cool! Temperature was infact 24C.

The big issue I had was with check out:
1. Was not asked if my stay was OK.
2. Wasnt provided with a print off of the bill.
3. Told as I expected that it was a pre-pay and all paid upfront.
4. Checked my card the following day and found the charge to the card was only applied to my account that day even though I had booked in October as an advance pay to be taken at the time of booking. At this stage I dont know if I have been double charged or not as I dont have access to CR details from October for the card I used. Suddenly today then I get a copy of the bill and CR card receipt posted to me. No note. No info. No explanation. Nothing. Who episode has left me feeling not to great about Park Plaza. I rang the hotel about it and a very snooty guy just called out an email address to send proof to...email address was so complex I didnt get the correct address and guy was not at all helpful. Told me from time to time the advance purchases are just charged the day of arrival. Would have been nice to be told and all this explained. I still feel I had paid for this but cant access my account at the moment so will have to wait and see. I have another booking for later this month with a Club Carlson/Redizor hotel in Belgium. Not sure now!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank i-love-ayia-napa
MarioGarcia-Vao, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear guest,

We appreciate your online review and the detailed description of your experience with us.

Please note I am however concerned about the negatives you mentioned. I would be thankful should you had a minute to write me a personal email on the address listed below with the details of your booking. This will greatly assist me in resolving these concerns and address them accordingly. Regardless of your response I wanted to ensure you felt the importance we give to our guests´ feedback.

This notwithstanding, I was glad to read about all the positive aspects of your stay and we look forward to welcoming you very soon.

With kind regards,

Mario Garcia-Vao
Senior Guest Relations Manager
mgarciavao@pphe.com

Reviewed January 7, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were treated fantastically. Room over looking the Thames and Westminster were worth the upgrade, Staff could not do enough for us. Great location and great coctails to finish off the day.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarcR62
MarioGarcia-Vao, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments after your stay with us.

We are thrilled to read that you had such an enjoyable stay. We were also glad to learn you wrapped the day off in our Chino Latino Bar!

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Mario Garcia-Vao
Senior Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed for three nights with my husband. We received a lovely welcome from the staff upon arrival and the room was good. Our stay included cooked breakfast which was good quality and nicely presented.
Vauxhall tube station (Victoria line) was a 5 min walk and the London eye is a 10 min walk in the opposite direction.
I would say this is a good value for money place to stay with a nice breakfast in a good location.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Charl1000
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments online.

I hope you and your husband will choose to stay with us again, when your travels take you to London!