WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #385 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Contemporary luxury”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here as part of a business conference weekend but stayed over with my partner an extra night afterwards. It's a big modern hotel but it has a certain chic to it. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed but do avoid rooms next to the lifts as they go up and down all night. I moved after one night. The lobby bar and restaurant are great. We ate in the lobby twice. The oriental fusion menu is superb, try the salads . The hotel might have been another big soulless conference hotel but for this. The conference facilities are great and they looked after us well. Great views over the river. The hotel is 5m from Vauxhall tube although you need to change lines to go anywhere. You can however walk over the bridge right up past the Houses of Parliament and Whitehall to Trafalgar Square. Worthy of a try but look for a good rate as the rack rate is high.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms next to the lifts and ask for a river view
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarioGarcia-Vao, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused in regards to the noise coming from the lift shaft in to your room. I was happy however to read that you reported it and we managed to find another room for you. This report will also give our Engineering department the opportunity to double check the noise isolation of the room and ensure further issues do not happen.

Nonetheless, it is great to learn that you had an enjoyable stay overall and you found our Chino Latino restaurant as remarkable as you describe. Also that our Meeting and Events team ensured a successful and trouble less conference.

We look forward to welcome you again soon.

Kind regards,
Senior Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (788)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed just one night here and for the second time. Nice distance and walk along from the busy bustle of the Southbank. Lovely quiet room. Clean and smart. Bed and duvet - huge and extremely comfortable. Chose the Plus Package for a later checkout and use of the executive Lounge which was well worth it. There was a bit of a wait to be seated in the restaurant at breakfast but the staff were extremely polite and apologetic.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review after your last stay with us.

We read with pleasure that you enjoyed your time in the hotel and the room facilities lives up to all your needs. As you mentioned, our Plus Package is a great value and we are glad to learn that you made the most of it.

We look forward to welcome you a third time very soon.

S Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed one night at the conference rate of £179 + Vat = £215. This included Breakfast and free internet. It's a short walk down the embankment from Vauxhall underground station. Decent view over the Thames (but not from my room!).

I have fairly low expectations of UK hotels and therefore was moderately impressed! The room was very decent and had a separate shower and bath with above average toiletries. The wifi was adequate. It's not going to break any speed records but I've suffered far worse.

The breakfast was a decent, fairly large buffet. The list price was (from memory) £17.50 - it's certainly not worth anything like that. I didn't use the gym but did take a look and it seemed a decent size with decent kit. Other than breakfast and the conference I didn't really use any of the hotel facilities. The conference food was fine - not great but fine.

It's a short walk back up the embankment to various restaurants, etc.

The only word of caution is that it does back onto the railway line. My room was down the side (directly overlooking a derelict building) and, although I could see the lines I wasn't materially affected. A colleague whose room looked out directly over the lines told me over breakfast that the 'trains really get going at about 6:30am'. The river view rooms would look directly over the busy embankment road so maybe i got lucky being tucked away down the side.

Value is always difficult in London. I had looked around at other hotels in the vicinity (not many) but concluded that this represented the best value for money. I could have got maybe £20 - £30 cheaper but then there would be the travelling, etc. For that it's easiest to stay at the conference hotel.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed feedback following your conference stay with us.

I read with some concern few of your comments in regards to the conference catering. I will be sharing this with our Food and Beverage management for review.

Nevertheless, we are glad to read that we exceeded your expectations and it is great to learn also that you found the hotel a good value for money. We therefore hope we can welcome you back in the near future for another pleasant stay.

Kindest regards,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Second time staying here and booked 2 rooms one for my friend visiting from Australia who recently got engaged. Tried to get an upgrade but nothing available. Went to rooms my friends had a cot in it which they hadn't been bothered to take out.. Painters right outside our door not really what you want to see. It wasn't until we had returned to our room after a day out we realised how hot our room was (930) we tried turning it down and completely off but there was still heat coming out! Despite ringing reception they said they will speak to engineer but heard nothing.. Called back as was trying to get ready but heat was unbearable so the guy said he will ring engineer now an call me back (he did eventually) told me that there's nothing he can do as its winter it's only programmed to blow out hot air which was rubbish as my friends room was so much cooler! They said engineer was not coming an they would send a fan up... The engineer turned up (polish man) opened the ceiling could tell he wasn't doing anything an then opened my window wide, I still asked for a fan an he was quite rude about it an asked why i needed a fan, The fan come and it was one of them heaters which was not cold at all!! Explained if the rooms still hot when I get back I want to change rooms.. To my avail when I returned back it was hotter than ever an I asked to move rooms! Told them to come up as it seemed like they did not believe me! Was finally moved to a room on 5th floor past midnight which was cooler thankfully but was twin bed an had a line across the tv no iron an marks on the floor!
Thought they would have offered breakfast for all the trouble we had but got nothing.. Really disappointed this time round an will not be returning even concierge man quite rude compared to the last guy...
If any of you get offered room 930 decline straight away!
I work in travel an will defiantly not be recommending this hotel after experience we had

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank charl-anson
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this valuable feedback with us.

It is very concerning to read your comments in regards to the service provided as it falls out of the high standards we aim to provide. Please accept my most sincere apologies on behalf of the team for the short comes experienced.

In order to rectify this and hopefully reach a satisfactory agreement where you would give us a future opportunity, I would kindly ask you to send me a personal email to the address listed in the signature. Further details of your booking would also greatly increase my ability to ensure situations like the one related do not reoccur.

Regardless of your response to my request, please rest assured your comments are heard and valued, being the feedback of our guests a great tool to continuously improve our service and product throughout.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

mgarciavao@pphe.com
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

This hotel was fine and definitely a good choice for the South Bank, London Eye, Westminster end of things. It is right on the Albert Embankment. The bar on the boat opposite is also worth checking out. Quite quirky. The free wifi was appreciated as was the staff member who sought me out a sewing kit and delivered it to me over breakfast when two buttons went flying off my new shirt (be glad I am not reviewing Racing Green!). The breakfast was pretty standard. I wasn't paying so difficult to comment on value. I would certainly consider again though. Service generally excellent were it not for the guy at check out who I think had probably just worked too long a shift and seemed somewhat grumpy and mechanical. Maybe he was just not a morning person. Cant be an easy job.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Park Plaza Riverbank.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the team for the check out situation. Although I will be sharing this with the Front Office team, your understanding is very much appreciated.

We are happy to read in any case that you had an enjoyable stay and our staff went out of their way to meet your needs with the sewing kit.

We are also glad to learn you will be thinking of us on a future trip to London and we look forward to it.

Kindest regards,

Stratford on Avon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have regular trips to London for business, and after trying many hotels in the Westminster area, am very happy to have found the Riverbank. This is smart, clean, quiet and good value. The breakfast is great, as is the service.

My favorite in London.

Room Tip: River view is fantastic
Dear Guest,

Your review and positive comments are very much appreciated.

It is also great to read that you found our Hotel up to your needs and you will be hopefully using us for many future visits.

Looking forward to a continued relationship.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night midweek, great location - very close to vauxhall and the south bank. Room was well equipped and quiet, breakfast the next morning was good; plenty of choice. Nice smart hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business