“Gone down hill” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #367 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Gone down hill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Second time staying here and booked 2 rooms one for my friend visiting from Australia who recently got engaged. Tried to get an upgrade but nothing available. Went to rooms my friends had a cot in it which they hadn't been bothered to take out.. Painters right outside our door not really what you want to see. It wasn't until we had returned to our room after a day out we realised how hot our room was (930) we tried turning it down and completely off but there was still heat coming out! Despite ringing reception they said they will speak to engineer but heard nothing.. Called back as was trying to get ready but heat was unbearable so the guy said he will ring engineer now an call me back (he did eventually) told me that there's nothing he can do as its winter it's only programmed to blow out hot air which was rubbish as my friends room was so much cooler! They said engineer was not coming an they would send a fan up... The engineer turned up (polish man) opened the ceiling could tell he wasn't doing anything an then opened my window wide, I still asked for a fan an he was quite rude about it an asked why i needed a fan, The fan come and it was one of them heaters which was not cold at all!! Explained if the rooms still hot when I get back I want to change rooms.. To my avail when I returned back it was hotter than ever an I asked to move rooms! Told them to come up as it seemed like they did not believe me! Was finally moved to a room on 5th floor past midnight which was cooler thankfully but was twin bed an had a line across the tv no iron an marks on the floor!
Thought they would have offered breakfast for all the trouble we had but got nothing.. Really disappointed this time round an will not be returning even concierge man quite rude compared to the last guy...
If any of you get offered room 930 decline straight away!
I work in travel an will defiantly not be recommending this hotel after experience we had

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank charl-anson
MarioGarcia-Vao, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this valuable feedback with us.

It is very concerning to read your comments in regards to the service provided as it falls out of the high standards we aim to provide. Please accept my most sincere apologies on behalf of the team for the short comes experienced.

In order to rectify this and hopefully reach a satisfactory agreement where you would give us a future opportunity, I would kindly ask you to send me a personal email to the address listed in the signature. Further details of your booking would also greatly increase my ability to ensure situations like the one related do not reoccur.

Regardless of your response to my request, please rest assured your comments are heard and valued, being the feedback of our guests a great tool to continuously improve our service and product throughout.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

mgarciavao@pphe.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (743)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This hotel was fine and definitely a good choice for the South Bank, London Eye, Westminster end of things. It is right on the Albert Embankment. The bar on the boat opposite is also worth checking out. Quite quirky. The free wifi was appreciated as was the staff member who sought me out a sewing kit and delivered it to me over breakfast when two buttons went flying off my new shirt (be glad I am not reviewing Racing Green!). The breakfast was pretty standard. I wasn't paying so difficult to comment on value. I would certainly consider again though. Service generally excellent were it not for the guy at check out who I think had probably just worked too long a shift and seemed somewhat grumpy and mechanical. Maybe he was just not a morning person. Cant be an easy job.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Park Plaza Riverbank.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the team for the check out situation. Although I will be sharing this with the Front Office team, your understanding is very much appreciated.

We are happy to read in any case that you had an enjoyable stay and our staff went out of their way to meet your needs with the sewing kit.

We are also glad to learn you will be thinking of us on a future trip to London and we look forward to it.

Stratford on Avon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have regular trips to London for business, and after trying many hotels in the Westminster area, am very happy to have found the Riverbank. This is smart, clean, quiet and good value. The breakfast is great, as is the service.

My favorite in London.

Room Tip: River view is fantastic
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Your review and positive comments are very much appreciated.

It is also great to read that you found our Hotel up to your needs and you will be hopefully using us for many future visits.

Looking forward to a continued relationship.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night midweek, great location - very close to vauxhall and the south bank. Room was well equipped and quiet, breakfast the next morning was good; plenty of choice. Nice smart hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there during my business trip. Overall experience is very good. Nice interiors. Clean and tidy room. Free wifi included. Location is good (close to MI6 HQ!). Friendly staff. Really decent place to stay.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your online review following your recent stay with us.

We are glad to read that you found the room and facilities including the free wifi internet up to your needs.

We hope we will welcome you back in the near future.

doncaster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here on Saturday night the hotel was very busy , check in was quick the staff were very pleasant giving us all the information we needed.Our room was at the back,never heard the trains which after reading reviews thought this may be a problem. We had full English breakfast which was good no waiting to be seated, the restaurant was quiet but we ate at 8am.Overall a very nice hotel,good location,will use this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank minnieDoncaster
Dear Guest,

It is with great pleasure that we read your comments after your stay and we thank you for taking the time to share them with other travellers online.

In addition to that, we are glad to learn that you had such a positive experience regardless of the hotel being busy over the weekend.

We look forward to your next visit!

northern italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Have been there during WTM and had a great stay. Nice location, well designed hotel, very good breakfast and a nice bar. London eye is just around the corner. London tube station just
6 walking minutes away

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank popa7777
Dear Guest,

Thank you for making us your preferred Hotel in London for the duration of that remarkable event and we are happy to read you had a pleasant stay.

We also very much appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcome you again when your travels bring you back to the area.