“Good location, smart hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Riverbank London

Park Plaza Riverbank London
Ranked #373 of 1,072 Hotels in London
“Good location, smart hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night midweek, great location - very close to vauxhall and the south bank. Room was well equipped and quiet, breakfast the next morning was good; plenty of choice. Nice smart hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (766)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there during my business trip. Overall experience is very good. Nice interiors. Clean and tidy room. Free wifi included. Location is good (close to MI6 HQ!). Friendly staff. Really decent place to stay.

MarioGarcia-Vao, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your online review following your recent stay with us.

We are glad to read that you found the room and facilities including the free wifi internet up to your needs.

We hope we will welcome you back in the near future.

Kindest regards,

doncaster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here on Saturday night the hotel was very busy , check in was quick the staff were very pleasant giving us all the information we needed.Our room was at the back,never heard the trains which after reading reviews thought this may be a problem. We had full English breakfast which was good no waiting to be seated, the restaurant was quiet but we ate at 8am.Overall a very nice hotel,good location,will use this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank minnieDoncaster
Dear Guest,

It is with great pleasure that we read your comments after your stay and we thank you for taking the time to share them with other travellers online.

In addition to that, we are glad to learn that you had such a positive experience regardless of the hotel being busy over the weekend.

We look forward to your next visit!

Kindest regards,
northern italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Have been there during WTM and had a great stay. Nice location, well designed hotel, very good breakfast and a nice bar. London eye is just around the corner. London tube station just
6 walking minutes away

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank popa7777
Dear Guest,

Thank you for making us your preferred Hotel in London for the duration of that remarkable event and we are happy to read you had a pleasant stay.

We also very much appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcome you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Sheffield UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I've stayed here twice recently and the staff were great both times. Very professional , friendly and welcoming. First time I had room service and it was pretty poor but following my feedback the manager upgraded me for my next stay to a fabulous exec room and the room service was much better. Thanks to M. Hille! Rooms are spotless, spacious, good tv, nice products in the bathroom. Showers v powerful. Views (if you get a river view) are fantastic. You can walk to the Westminster and the Houses of Parliament in around10 minutes. Breakfast - good selection, my only gripe is that the fried eggs leave something to be desired. Otherwise, good selection. Room service is swift , but note that they charge 12% service on that.

Room Tip: High floor and facing the river - fab views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your last stay with us.

I read with great pleasure that after a previous unfortunate experience, you have given us the opportunity to redeem ourselves in to your eyes and show you the true Park Plaza Riverbank hospitality. I am also glad to learn that part of my team helped to create this positive experience and I will personally congratulate him.

We really look forward to welcome you many more times in the future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here as I was attending a function at the hotel, admittedly I was not paying for it (luckily), but quite frankly I found it very average and not very welcoming. Maybe it was because the hotel was busy at the time but the staff seem to have had trouble understanding me as they were from somewhere in Europe and I was from London, very strange! Having to repeat and spell you name to the reception staff in your own country was a novel experience as was the fact the light in the wardrobe that wouldn't go out, even with the door closed! One thing I did notice was the small corridors and this distinctly reminded me of a Premier Inn layout, the only difference being a hundred quid a night, sorry pounds per night. The room had no view but their again my hopes weren't very high after the booking in experience, it was supposed to be an executive room, it was OK nothing exceptional which made me think what the standard room may look like! As for being a central location, this I find strange as it's at least a 10 minute walk to Vauxhall Station and about 15 minutes walk to Waterloo, which reminds me of the fact that there are two sister hotels right on top of Waterloo Station which makes them even more of a central location. The hotel really is stuck out on a limb with nothing much around it so a good brisk walk is required to find anything interesting apart from Lambeth Palace (not open to the public) or the Imperial War Museum but either way you either walk a while or get a cab or bus to find any sign of life located on the other side of the River Thames, central it ain't, not if you want the West End, shops and the theatre. Oh and let me not forget the fact that we had to wait a while to get our breakfast because the room in which it is served looks as though it was designed for a much smaller hotel, maybe an architects after thought! Overall not a very pleasurable stay.

Room Tip: Obviously if your new to London try and get a room with a view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review online following your stay with us.

Please note that I read your comments with great concern as the welcome experience is part of the training all our associates receive. I was very sorry to read that we fell short on it as well as living up to the expectations with the upgraded Executive room. I will be sharing this feedback with the rest of the Management for review and action.

In regards to the location and surroundings we are situated between Vauxhall and Waterloo stations as you mentioned. I hope you will be giving us a second opportunity and should you decide to do so, please do contact our Concierge department who will be happy to describe the different entertainment options nearby or easy transport options to other parts of London.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

Kind regards,