I had the most pleasant stay at the Park Plaza Riverbank Hotel in London just recently. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel; everything was perfect from check-in to check-out, especially the staff! What a great crew!
I arrived an hour prior to regular check-in times, yet they were very friendly and accommodating, taking care of my luggage while I went for a walk in the nearby area. The doorman was exceptionally friendly and chatty, giving great tips on where to go. (Very nice neighborhood, clean and safe.) I made my reservation directly with the hotel website, and opted to upgrade to one of their Executive rooms with a river view, something I certainly recommend to avoid the not so great view of the backside. And how this payed off!
The front desk set me up in room 1045, with the most spectacular views of Houses of parliament, Big Ben, the river Thames and the London Eye. It could not have been any better! The room was spotless, spacious and very inviting and modern. Moodlights in the floor- to ceiling-windows really gave a fantastic ambient atmosphere at night, and again the view at night was even more awesome. The Media Centre was easy to use, with movies available on demand (surcharge) a varied choice of popular international and domestic tv-channels and music on demand, every genre available. And what comfortable beds! Also note there was a pillow-menu, great feature!
The bath was also large and bright, with separate shower and tub. Also in the Executive package were nice amenities such as vanity kits, combs, soaps etc.
Room service was fantastic, and it took no more than 15 minutes to receive a well prepared and tasty dish at a reasonable price. The woman who brought it over was again a great example of the friendly staff, all being genuinely interested in the well-being of their guests, something you don't often come across these days.
Also, your television comes equipped with a keyboard to surf the net or check your mail, but it might be a bit tricky to get used to. If you would rather want a real computer, their business centre located on the lower level is absolutely outstanding with everything you need and great assistance from staff.
All in all I cannot recommend a better hotel in this area. Some people have found the distance to the tube a bit lengthy, yet you still FEEL as if you're in the very centre of all the action and come on, it's only a ten minute walk:) I will definitely stay at this hotel on my next visit to London!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Millbank and the Houses of Parliament in the heart of the city, Park Plaza London Riverbank offers stunning four-star deluxe accommodation for corporate and leisure travellers. The hotel is within easy reach of both London Waterloo and Vauxhall railway stations as well as Westminster Underground. Following a spectacular renovation, Park Plaza London Riverbank now offers 489 sumptuous guest rooms, including Superior Rooms, Executive Rooms and Suites, some with stunning river views. The modern fitness suite is open 24 hours a day and features a range of cardio and weight equipment. Located on the first floor, Chino Latino(R) Restaurant & Bar, the Lounge and a fresh new Sushi Bar offer tantalising cuisine with beautiful 180-degree panoramic views of the River Thames and the Houses of Parliament. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Park Plaza London Riverbank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Riverbank London Hotel London
- Park Plaza London Riverbank England
- London Park Plaza
- Riverbank Park Plaza London