My girlfriend and i went to London for the weekend at the beginning of October and stayed for 2 nights at the Park Plaza Riverbank which really was a great place to stay!
It's probably a 10 minute walk from Vauxhall underground station or 15 mins from Westminster. We took the stroll from Vauxhall but to be honest being 29 degress that day it wasnt much fun halling the lugguge to the hotel.........definite cab next time........ and yes i maybe lazy!!
Anyway, upon arrival we were impressed immediately with the bar directly infront of you with it's ble neon lighting and then off to the right hand side was the restaurant which again look very modern with dazzling red lighting! We were swiftly checked in and I asked if our room looked onto the thames river as the otherside of the hotel appeared to face a train track or side street. I was told it did not but could upgrade for £30 a night so £60 for the amazing veiw we had in the end was well worth paying!!
The room was lovely, flat screen tv with Sky Sports (could watch the Merseyside derby the next day if the hangover was in full flow!). The batchroom was modern and fllor to ceiling in black tiles with the best shower ever!!! The view looked out onto the houses of Parliament, Big ben and the London Eye (picture attached) and I was really pleased we had upgraded......i think this was an executive double room but dont quote me!!
We got back to the hotel late on friday night and went to the bar and the barmen recomended a Mojito for the Mrs and a had a beer.......pricey as to be expected, £15 for both, but was a real nice atmosphere and the music loud enough to hear but not loud enough that you had to shout at each other to be heard.
After a heavy first night we made full use of the power shower to wake us up the following day, did indeed watch the footy in bed and had the air con blasting out which was great. I would advise using the space in the minibar for your own drinks the the cokes and water are £2.50 each!!
The bed was lovely and comfy and there were extra pillows in the wardrobe if required. The maid cleaned the room nicely on the saturday afternoon once we went out again and when the iron broke another was replaced within 10 mins which was good as we were in a rush to get out for dinner!
Definitely recommend this hotel for it's views and was excellent in every aspect. The only issue was if you were travelling around London was the initial 15 mins walk to a tube station but I'm having to be very picky/lazy(again!) to mention this ;o)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Millbank and the Houses of Parliament in the heart of the city, Park Plaza London Riverbank offers stunning four-star deluxe accommodation for corporate and leisure travellers. The hotel is within easy reach of both London Waterloo and Vauxhall railway stations as well as Westminster Underground. Following a spectacular renovation, Park Plaza London Riverbank now offers 489 sumptuous guest rooms, including Superior Rooms, Executive Rooms and Suites, some with stunning river views. The modern fitness suite is open 24 hours a day and features a range of cardio and weight equipment. Located on the first floor, Chino Latino(R) Restaurant & Bar, the Lounge and a fresh new Sushi Bar offer tantalising cuisine with beautiful 180-degree panoramic views of the River Thames and the Houses of Parliament. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Park Plaza London Riverbank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Riverbank London Hotel London
- Park Plaza London Riverbank England
- London Park Plaza
- Riverbank Park Plaza London