“Very impressive!!”

Park Plaza London Riverbank
Ranked #386 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My girlfriend and i went to London for the weekend at the beginning of October and stayed for 2 nights at the Park Plaza Riverbank which really was a great place to stay!
It's probably a 10 minute walk from Vauxhall underground station or 15 mins from Westminster. We took the stroll from Vauxhall but to be honest being 29 degress that day it wasnt much fun halling the lugguge to the hotel.........definite cab next time........ and yes i maybe lazy!!

Anyway, upon arrival we were impressed immediately with the bar directly infront of you with it's ble neon lighting and then off to the right hand side was the restaurant which again look very modern with dazzling red lighting! We were swiftly checked in and I asked if our room looked onto the thames river as the otherside of the hotel appeared to face a train track or side street. I was told it did not but could upgrade for £30 a night so £60 for the amazing veiw we had in the end was well worth paying!!
The room was lovely, flat screen tv with Sky Sports (could watch the Merseyside derby the next day if the hangover was in full flow!). The batchroom was modern and fllor to ceiling in black tiles with the best shower ever!!! The view looked out onto the houses of Parliament, Big ben and the London Eye (picture attached) and I was really pleased we had upgraded......i think this was an executive double room but dont quote me!!
We got back to the hotel late on friday night and went to the bar and the barmen recomended a Mojito for the Mrs and a had a beer.......pricey as to be expected, £15 for both, but was a real nice atmosphere and the music loud enough to hear but not loud enough that you had to shout at each other to be heard.
After a heavy first night we made full use of the power shower to wake us up the following day, did indeed watch the footy in bed and had the air con blasting out which was great. I would advise using the space in the minibar for your own drinks the the cokes and water are £2.50 each!!
The bed was lovely and comfy and there were extra pillows in the wardrobe if required. The maid cleaned the room nicely on the saturday afternoon once we went out again and when the iron broke another was replaced within 10 mins which was good as we were in a rush to get out for dinner!
Definitely recommend this hotel for it's views and was excellent in every aspect. The only issue was if you were travelling around London was the initial 15 mins walk to a tube station but I'm having to be very picky/lazy(again!) to mention this ;o)

Room Tip: Enquire if you are facing the river thames and if not check out the upgrades available!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
gregmoorehead, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing review of our property following your recent weekend stay. Having covered all Departments in the hotel I look forward to sharing your comments with the team at our weekly briefing.

I trust the next time you revisit Riverbank you bring the good weather with you once again , and we look forward to welcoming you.

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza London Riverbank

Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed for one night on 9 October for our 1st wedding anniversary. We decided on paying the £20 extra to have an executive room and the hotel very kindly gave us another free upgrade to a river view which was fantastic!! Definitely recommend having a room over looking The Thames and Big Ben etc.
The breakfast was delicious - everything there that you can think of! The breakfast wasn't greasy at all it was lovely!
We will certainly becoming back!
The room was spacious, bathroom very clean and spacious, flat screen tv, comfy pillows, big bed - very good nights sleep!
Location wise was brilliant - just 10 min walk to Vauxhall station which is on same line as Euston or 15 min walk the other way to Westminster.
The staff were very courteous, friendly, helpful it was a lovely time away
I stay in many hotels and this is by far one of the best!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the river view room you won't be disappointed!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
gregmoorehead, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Dear Guest,

Firstly Happy Anniversary on behalf of all the team at Riverbank, and thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a wonderful occasion. I am delighted that the desk could accommodate an upgrade to a Riverview for you as these sights of Big Ben and The Thames are highly sought after.

I have also passed your positive feedback to the Executive chef and the breakfast team , and we look forward to welcoming you back to Riverbank again, should your plans allow.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

This is a tourist hotel not a business traveller hotel
Location is ideal if you are working for the government in Whitehall but rubbish if you are City based.
Good if you are a runner who likes to dodge the South Bank crowds.
Garish modern decor and overly loud lobby music make meetings in public spaces a challenge.
Rooms are not that big and if you get a rail track facing one you will need ear plugs
Why do cheap hotels have fancy TV systems that take 10 mins to get to a normal channel

Room Tip: Insist on a room on the opposite side to the rail tracks
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I read your review following your stay at Riverbank with great disappointment as we are very much a business hotel and equally catering for the leisure tourists. While we are based very close to Westminster, the tube links and DLR service is excellent for the city with Vauxhall having both an over ground and tube station. I am unsure of the date that you stayed at Riverbank, but I can only assume we had been hosting and event that had Lobby access, that may have readjusted the normal volume setting to cater for this.

My sincerely apologise on behalf of the team that we did not exceed your expectations of Riverbank on this occasion.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed for 1 night pre tour and found that the hotel was excellent value for money. The breakfast room was a little out of the way but the meal was delicious. The room was very clean and the only problem was having to use a credit card to purchase a drink at the bar as no money is used. With international charges added it makes an expensive drink. I would stay there again but probably not at this particular hotel but 1 closer to the Eye.

Room Tip: any room will be okay
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Firstly may I thank you for the kind comments expressed in your review.

I note with great concern the fact that the bar could not accept cash, as I have never heard of this and I can only assume that you may have been paying your bill at a stage in the night when the bar had cashed up. I have asked the Bar Manager to investigate and come back to me in regards too.Should you wish to email me personally the time of the transaction it would help me a great deal to address.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Riverbank again should your plans allow.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed here for two days/one night this week and was very impressed.

It's a little off the beaten track but only a little. You are 10 minutes strollfrom Vauxhall tube station and 10/15 from the London Eye in the opposite direction.

The hotel is stylish and well designed with attractive public areas and good sized rooms with baths and separate showers.

Food is really good for a hotel of this class. Both breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner were excellent.

All staff very helpful and proactive if you as much as look lost!

A bit of a find!

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear Guest,

Many thanks on behalf of all the team at Riverbank for the very positive review you have posted following your recent stay with us.

I note your comments with regards to the proactive staff with great pride, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Plaza again in the near future for business or pleasure.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stayed here on 10th September 2011 for only one night pre tour and found it to be clean, comfortable and not too far from Waterloo Station. The staff were polite and helpful. Our only disappointment was an inedible boxed breakfast but not sure if this was the fault of the hotel or the tour company.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
gregmoorehead, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2011

Dear Guest,

May I firstly Thank you for posting your review following your short stay with us.
I read your review with great concern with regards to the breakfast boxes, and have asked the Executive chef to meet with me to discuss the Tour group’s requests.

Should you wish to drop me a personal email to the hotel, I would be more than happy to address your concerns.

I trust we will get the opportunity to meet you again at Riverbank, should you be visiting London.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

I stayed here on 3 separate occasions during August and September each at quite short notice.

The reception staff and concierge were all very helpful, efficient and well turned out. The communal areas are clean, well designed and comfortable. The hotel itself is nicely designed with a feel of luxury. The bar area is well layed out and priced reasonably for central London.

The rooms are well appointed, comfortable and stylish.

The hotel is well located, a 5 minute walk to Vauxhall tube station, about 20 minutes to Waterloo (a pleasant stroll along the Thames opposite the Houses of Parliament). There's a cab rank outside the hotel itself.

In short this is a well located hotel which is clean, comfortable and priced well in comparison to other hotels in the area. Absolutely no complaints and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank BigRed

Dear Guest,

Thank you on behalf of the team for taking the time to post your positive feedback, following your stay with us.

I look forward to sharing your review with the team at our weekly briefing, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Riverbank in the near future.