“Wonderful views, great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now & save up to 15%
Ranked #400 of 1,058 Hotels in London
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Wonderful views, great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel on number of occasions and each time have had wonderful views. To have breakfast delivered and eat it overlooking big Ben is a most amazing experience. The rooms are lovely and clean with good amenities. The staff have always been polite and helpful. The bar is warm and welcoming as is the reception area. We woulddefinately return and it is the hotel we always recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: Definatly book a room with a view
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
gregmoorehead, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, October 1, 2011
Dear Guest,

Many Thanks on behalf of the team for the great review posted following your recent stay at Riverbank. As stated the views are stunning with all London’s main attractions on our doorstep. It always gives me great pleasure reading such reviews at our weekly briefings, and we look forward to meeting you again on your next visit to London.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

The view from a room on the river side of the hotel is worth paying the extra for.
The rooms are spacious and comfy, with great beds. You can also use facilities at the sister hotel only a few hundred meters away.
Staff are friendly and helpful and food at the hotel is better than usual hotel food. I am guessing it's pricey due to the location but since it was on business I didn't see the rates.
If you are looking for a hotel with views in London and good all round service then this is it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Plaza for your recent business trip to London, and for sharing your feedback with other travellers. Our Riverview rooms are highly sought after so I am glad to read that you availed of the upgrade.

Our sister Hotels are located close by with a host of amenities, so should you be visiting London again for business or pleasure we look forward to welcoming you .

Redlands, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Went to Europe for a month and spent the frist week in London. We stayed at the Park Plaza. Easy to find and on thr iver. We strolled the river nightly and were within walking disatnce to the Eye, Buckingham Palace and the rest. The rooms were very clean, and the guest services were very helpful. Good staff and friendly room service. I will stay here again. We could see Big Ben, the parliment building and several other landmarks from our hotel room. Great view at a great price.

Room Tip: No need for any transportation as you are within walking distance to the "tube" station an...
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Plaza Riverbank during your recent stay in London, and for taking time to post your comments. I read your positive remarks about the team with great delight, and look forward to sharing your review at our weekly briefing.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Riverbank again in the near future should your plans allow.

Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

This hotel is really a great place to stay in London. Is walking distance from a lot of historic places like Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. Is clean, modern and the staff was really friendly.
The breakfast is complete and has a good quality. The room was big and clean. They offer internet wi-fi in the price, which was really good.
My husband did not believe the price we paid for the stay; thought it was much more expensive.
I recommend this hotel for your next visit to London!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
gregmoorehead, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Dear Guest,

May I take this opportunity on behalf of the team to thank you for posting such a positive review following your recent stay with us. I look forward to sharing your comments at our weekly briefing, and I trust that should you be visiting London you will choose Park Plaza Riverbank.

Guest Relations Manager
Hattiesburg,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in August 2011 as part of a tour group. While the front desk seemed friendly enough and were courteous, the room was small and not very spacious. My daughter and I found the beds to be extremely uncomfortable and far from what we're used to considering the price. Beware of bugs people! In your beds and elsewhere! The service overall was just average and I found the concierge on duty to be rude and short when asking him for assistance.

While he conveniently helped other guests, he was quite dismissive when I asked for information about a tour. When I brought this to the attention of the manager, he stated he'd take care of the situation and I never heard back from him about the problem or assistance with the tour! This hotel is at best maybe a 3-star by U.S. standards. The breakfast is average. I never plan to go back and suggest you look elsewhere if you want an upscale hotel and better treatment!

Room Tip: Request a river view.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Sg2011523
gregmoorehead, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
Dear Guest,

May I firstly apologise for service you received from the Concierge Department at the Hotel following your recent stay with us .As the Manager on Duty on the day I read your review with great concern, as no case of bugs had been mentioned during your stay, and had such an allegation been made it would have been dealt with immediately. I have had email correspondence with you following your visit, and I trust you had received such.

Rest assured all feedback is valued be it negative or positive and should you decide to stay at Park Plaza again while in London we look forward to welcoming you so that you may see Riverbank in its true light.

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Wow. I wish I knew how amazing this hotel was before I planned our trip as I wish we stayed more than just the one night. We got engaged two days before we arrived and when we told them at the front desk, the sent up a complimentary bottle of wine to our room which was so sweet. We paid a little more to upgrade to a river view which was SO worth it! A view of Parliment and Big Ben was just awesome. The room was very large, clean, and modern. It was a nice walk along the river to central London. Great hotel, must stay!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the river view, it is worth it!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your engagement, and many Thanks from all the team for taking the time to post such a positive review following your short stay at our hotel.
As stated the location is ideal for walking to central London, and to view all it has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Riverbank again in the future as a newly married couple.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

My wife & I spent a week at this hotel in Sep 11. We booked early and had a 1 br suite with a river view so received good value. Rooms were very well fitted out, very comfortable, spacious and clean. Staff were always helpful / professional. Everywhere in London is a compromise as you have to travel somewhere to see a particular 'sight'. We could walk to The London Eye in 10 mins and a similar time to Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey and Downing St. A little further & you were at Trafalgar Sq, Leicester Sq & Picadilly. The tube at Vauxhall is 5 mins down the road and there are also a miriad of buses there also. Breakfast is also very good, although the dinner at the hotel was not to our taste. There is a small mini market 200m from the hotel for general necessities. We would return without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RJRAustralia
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive review following your recent stay in London.

As stated it really is a great location for anyone visiting London with all the major landmarks on our doorstep. I am sorry to read that the dinner was not to your taste, but I am unsure if you visited both or Restaurants located on two separate floors. My apologies if the team did not make you aware of both options.

We look forward to greeting you at Riverbank again in the near future, should your travels take you back to London.